• Disneyland Fan

Can anyone tell me about the special event at Disneyland on April 22?

My family and I are planning on visiting Disneyland from April 21-23. We just booked our hotel this morning as a matter of fact. When I checked the Disneyland website for ride closures during that time, I found out that there will be a "private event" on Sunday, April 22. Disneyland will open at 6:30 a.m. and will close at 4 p.m. DCA will extend their hours until 11 p.m. to make up for the early closure. Can anyone tell me what this private event will be? Will they really make us leave Disneyland at 4 or can we stay? In the past, I've been at Disneyland on a day when they closed early, but they allowed us to stay as long as we wanted. If we left, we weren't allowed back in of course. This is our only full day at Disneyland and I want to make sure that I don't get cheated out of any of my Happiest Place on Earth fun! Thanks.

• Premium Youngling and

Re: Can anyone tell me about the special event at Disneyland on April 22?

Company party

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I recall from other threads that it is because of a large "private party" for a big travel convention in town that weekend. I believe it to be like one of the old "mix-in" parties we used to have in that guests already in-park will be allowed to stay.

That's the best of my recollection - if it's wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

Have a good time in any case!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

As I understand it, it will be a HARD close at 4 PM, where all the park guests will be asked to leave and head over to DCA or DtD, and Security will vacate the park. Then they will take a couple of hours to see up some stuff for the private event, which are Travel Agents, such as catering stands, etc. Then reopen the park to only those with the special pass.

Since the food and drink will be free, no way they will allow a "mix-in".
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Rats. I was hoping this was another POTC premier soft close.
    Fight On! Beat the Bears!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

This will not be a travel agent private party. it will be some other private event.

I have found the official event for the April 22. Low and behold this is a travel agent event. The Travel Industry Association is having their International Pow Wow 2007 from Apr 21 to Apr 25 in Anahiem. Per their website:

7:00 pm - 10:30 pm Evening Event – Disney Parks

Disney Parks presents a dream celebration: International Pow Wow's opening event at Disneyland park. Walt Disney's original magical kingdom welcomes delegates to a high-energy night of food and fun, all capped with an entertainment experience only Disney can create. Join hitch-hiking ghosts, swashbuckling pirates and a famous character named Mickey for an evening adventure at the Happiest Place on Earth!

To clarify, this is a TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENT, not a travel agent event. This is a group made up of City CVB, large tour operators and large travel organizations. This is not your local travel agency. Membership into this TIA runs from $8600 to $50,000 per year. Hence they have the money and clout to close the park. Disney is also a member of this organization.
    Last edited by Mr. Lightyear999; 01-27-2007 at 06:50 PM.

• Disneyland Fan

Thank you Mr. Lightyear and all others for replying. I'm disappointed that I will have to leave at 4, but will spend the time at DCA instead. I hope that all of the park will be fully operational for the 6:30 am opening. Otherwise my 2 year old will be cranky about me getting her up so early.

I feel sorry for the Griswold type families who may arrive at the park in the evening and will see all sorts of people inside having a great time while they can't get in. Drat those rich travel people!