• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Department 56 Disneyland Statues

I went on Ebay to find some dept 56 houses of Disneyland.... i was looking for deals (obviosuly) of some of the rides or perhaps the Hub.

To my surprise, all I found was the Firehall and a few Random Christmas ones.

Does Deptartment 56 not make Disneyland attractions?

Disney Road

Re: Department 56 Disneyland Statues

I used to collect (well, my mother left me her collection) Department 56 Dickens Village. I didn't even know they made Disney statues until I was given the Disneyland train station for Christmas. I love it! If there are any ride statues, I'd love them!

• Shablagoo!

Are you thinking of the Olszewski miniatures? They are not a department 56 product.

• Dark Side Baddie

Our family collected these in 1996 and they disappeared just as quickly. Very strange. More information can be found HERE.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Leroy Brown View Post
    Our family collected these in 1996 and they disappeared just as quickly. Very strange. More information can be found HERE.
    Interesting. I've never seen those before. Not something I would buy, especially at the higher prices they are at now.

That link says that Department 56 has no licensing agreement with Disney now, but that must be outdated because they apparently do. As per my post above, my husband got me the Main Street Railroad Station at Disneyland this December.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by nemopoppins View Post
    That link says that Department 56 has no licensing agreement with Disney now, but that must be outdated because they apparently do. As per my post above, my husband got me the Main Street Railroad Station at Disneyland this December.
    I'm curious to see it. post a pic please.

• Roar!

Quote Originally Posted by nemopoppins View Post
    like melonballer said, are you sure he didn't get you an Olszewski piece. does it look like this

sorry. thats the biggest pic i could find

I found the website that shows the park pieces, the new Pirates one looks neat but they aren't Dept. 56

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservic...yland4730.html

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Leroy Brown View Post
    They also have the Mickey's Christmas carol pieces, theres 2 or 3 as well as a winnie the pooh village. But they're very rare and they don't seem to last. My advice is to keep checking e-bay. I collect the holiday houses too, both disney and Dept 56 and they are hard to come by. Theres more toward christmas, but be aware that they are pricey. Just be patient. I waited over a year before I saw one I wanted come up and I got it. So they're around, just not frequently.

My piece really is Department 56! And I'm really curious to see if it has a Disneyland stamp on it. I didn't even look. But... I packed it away with all my Christmas stuff already and you wouldn't believe how much Christmas stuff I have and how impossible it would be to get now. So, I'm sorry I can't get you a picture. I'll go through the Christmas pictures I already took in case there's one in there. And no, matterhornmaniac, that's not the one I have.

Oh, I mentioned that I packed it away with my Christmas stuff, but I never mentioned that it is the train station at Christmas. It lights up in the windows and the light flicker and change colors. It is very beautiful and very detailed. And again, it IS Department 56.

• Disney Gram

In November the Department 56 Store at Pier 39 in San Francisco had some of the disney pieces.
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

So, this leaves the possibility that mine has a Disneyland stamp! And it corroborates my story. I'll be making a new thread about come December when I get mine out.