Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Travel back through time.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/v/n_Qa4U3HXFI[/YOUTUBE]
    This video is too nostalgic to pass up. This is from 1964.

It has no sound at all.
    But very cool to see the old Entry gates and quite a few other interesting sights.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 01-28-2007 at 12:11 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• World Traveler

Re: Travel back through time.

That's an awesome video. Maybe Walt was in his apartment that day!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Wow, that was probably one of the most complete and comprehensive videos I have ever seen. Very very nice, thanks for sharing that.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for this great link, Tictoc! My first trip to Disneyland was a couple of years after this, so it really brings back a lot of memories for me. People can grouse about the skyway and how it looked, but until you were ON it, you wouldn't understand how much we old timers miss it. Also cool to see the old gates, the old rockets on the other side of Tomorrowland, the older Autopia cars, a young Tom Sawyer's Island, etc.

At least the subs are coming back. I won't hold my breath on the Skyway or Peoplemover.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Wow. That really brought back memories! So much has changed, yet som much in a sense has stayed the same...

this film is SO cool. a time capsule bringing back so many wonderful memories!

i noticed the Wurlitzer store on Main Street, where you could buy a popular new organ or piano.

how 'bout all that exciting Frontierland footage? Rainbow Ridge was full of life with so much activity, the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland and Pack Mules. Even the Mike Fink Keel Boats were a very sentimental sight. did you notice, as the Mark Twain passed, the roof of the Mansion could be seen over the tree tops of Tom Sawyer's Island, but there was NO New Orleans Square yet. today, we have Critter Country, where once an active and vibrant Indian Village came to life for Guests.

and the little round shaped "buckets" on the skyway, Monorail "yellow", battleship grey subs, Fantasyland Autopia, Skull Rock and the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship, Mad Tea Party - then located directly behind King Aurthur's Carousel.

those that can remember Fantasy In The Sky will agree that the firework shells used to travel much higher into the night sky and many were extremely larger "blossoms" than today's air launched versions.

what a thrill this home movie is to watch. and i didn't really need the sound... i could imagine all of it as if i was there.

a million thank you's for posting this!

fond memories of the past, indeed.
    Last edited by MinionLumbo; 01-28-2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling

• Disney for life!~

Wow.What a great video.Makes me wish I had a time machine so I can go back in time!

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

On my computer, it has sound. A high piercing sound. I had to turn the youtube volume all the way down. Bad to listen to. Great to watch.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• Hooterville, USA

TL looked so good back then with all of the motion. Bring it back!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• I'm Flying High

I love it! I saved it to my favorites. I never got a chance to see the old DL even before 1994 so its awesome!
    The daydream princess

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Yes. I loved the shot of TL with the subs, monorail and skyway all going by at once. I loved those rides that let you travel around the park. Skyway, peoplemover, train, monorail. Now, basically, you have only the train. And half a monorail.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

What an awesome short film. I began going to DL in 2000 and I long for the days that many of those old long gone attractions were around.

If they opened a third park in Aneheim, maybe a large part of it could be a tribute to the beloved long gone attractions. They could have a peoplemover surround the entire park with a sky way, old mine train, Adventure through inner space, a revised flying saucers attraction and others.

Thank you so much for sharing!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MinionLumbo View Post
    this film is SO cool. a time capsule bringing back so many wonderful memories!

i noticed the Wurlitzer store on Main Street, where you could buy a popular new organ or piano.

how 'bout all that exciting Frontierland footage? Rainbow Ridge was full of life with so much activity, the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland and Pack Mules. Even the Mike Fink Keel Boats were a very sentimental sight. did you notice, as the Mark Twain passed, the roof of the Mansion could be seen over the tree tops of Tom Sawyer's Island, but there was NO New Orleans Square yet. today, we have Critter Country, where once an active and vibrant Indian Village came to life for Guests.

a million thank you's for posting this!

fond memories of the past, indeed.
    I love Frontierland back then and sooo wish there were more or like it was back then! Though my first trip to Disneyland was in 1975. I'm glad I experienced the Motorboats, Fantasyland Theatre, America Sings, Just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Thanks for this great link, Tictoc! My first trip to Disneyland was a couple of years after this, so it really brings back a lot of memories for me. People can grouse about the skyway and how it looked, but until you were ON it, you wouldn't understand how much we old timers miss it. Also cool to see the old gates, the old rockets on the other side of Tomorrowland, the older Autopia cars, a young Tom Sawyer's Island, etc.

At least the subs are coming back. I won't hold my breath on the Skyway or Peoplemover.
    The Skyway was always such a treat, a break but fantastic view of the park while gliding through the icy Matterhorn Mountain hearing the Yeti's scream at the bobsled riders. I loved that.

Quote Originally Posted by *SallyStitches* View Post
    Wow.What a great video.Makes me wish I had a time machine so I can go back in time!
    Mee too. Makes you wish the Flux capacitor and Mr Fusion was the real thing.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    That's an awesome video. Maybe Walt was in his apartment that day!
    Would that be a a momentus occasion to run into Walt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Disney Fa View Post
    What an awesome short film. I began going to DL in 2000 and I long for the days that many of those old long gone attractions were around.

If they opened a third park in Aneheim, maybe a large part of it could be a tribute to the beloved long gone attractions. They could have a peoplemover surround the entire park with a sky way, old mine train, Adventure through inner space, a revised flying saucers attraction and others.

Thank you so much for sharing!
    Third park is on its way. Just announced here http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...87#post1339587
    Also read Al Lutz's update this coming Tuesday on MiceAge.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I miss the World of Motion too!! It just isn't the same. Tomorrowland was so much more alive back then. But with time somethings will return. The Submarine Lagoon is just the beginning.

• Banned User

I found this on You Tube as well. The Skyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uaLlkg4Dhk

Also, the Peoplemover!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oggal7RY2ks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast