Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

The Matterhorn is in the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Trailer!!!

Check it out:

http://mp.aol.com/video.index.adp?pm...708.h344.p7.R1

It shows up towards the end. Notice the cable car lines going through it?

Cool! I'm really looking forward to this movie! It looks awesome!

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    That's funny. It looks like the real Matterhorn (not the one at Disneyland), but it still has the Skyway cables running through it! I tried to get a screen shot of it, but I'm not that smart... Maybe someone else can do it.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Official Mice Chat person

Wow, that was random.... I wonder why it was there? That's the Ride version, not the real one. Very strange.

• Banned User

perhaps something from the original book not in the original "musical" which this movie is based on the book and not musical... we are going to find out the origins of the oompa loompas and how he saved them...

• враг народа

Blog Entries
    I think that is the real matterhorn. I do not think that is the Skyway, but the Wonka-vator. Those cables are way too high up to be the Skyway.

This is strange, almost seems there's some weird parallels 2 DL in it cause the first trailer seemed like Small WOrld

• Senior Minion

I was a bit hesitant about this movie, But now after seeing this trailer, I won't miss it.
    Also It does look like the Matterhorn, It just looks a little more jagged and snowy. I wonder if they used this for the model for the movie.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)
    i agree that the cables are too high... and they dont go through the mountain... the seem to go over it
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Official MC Thread Killer

That's definately not the Disneyland Matterhorn.... the movie looks AMAZING though!
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Padawan

Somewhere in the Outer Rim territories...
    Funny. I almost missed even seeing the Matterhorn it went by so fast. I wish I could say it looks like a good movie, but I can't stand Tim Burton. I've only liked one movie he ever did (Beetlejuice), and it bugs me that he's messing with a classic in children's literature. I've read Roald Dahl, and his books may be twisted, but they aren't that dark and creepy looking!

Still...if the story takes place in England, how did the Matterhorn get there in the first place?
    "...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." --Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Minion

[QUOTE=Carlarella I wish I could say it looks like a good movie, but I can't stand Tim Burton. I've only liked one movie he ever did (Beetlejuice), and it bugs me that he's messing with a classic in children's literature. I've read Roald Dahl, and his books may be twisted, but they aren't that dark and creepy looking!

[/QUOTE]

Have you seen "James & the Giant Peach"? That is a Roald Dahl book and Tim Burton did a wonderful job with it.

As far as Roald Dahl goes - he was pretty dark. Remember Trunchbowl from Matilda? A charcter from a children's story doesn't get much darker than that!

Charlie and The Chocolate Factory was my favorite book as a kid. As much as I loved the 1st movie - they did change quite a bit from the book. Which is weird becuase the screen play is by Roald Dahl.

• My cuties!

I love Roald Dahl! What I don't love is how Johnny Depp looks in this movie -- I didn't think it was possible to make him look bad!

• Playtester

I can't wait to see the movie. It looks like it will be a lot closer to the book, so maybe down the road someone will actually do the 2nd book. I have watch the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a gazillion times, it will be so cool to have a darker version.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• something else...

I saw this the other day and saw the matterhorn with the gondola above it and thought it was the neatest thing. I'm not too afraid of the moving being too dark. The cinematograpgy seems bright and colorful (but edward scissorhands had that too...). I really can't wait to see this movie.
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast