• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Disneyland Character Interaction Stories! Share Yours Today!

Micoofy Duck here again. I haven't been logging on in quite awhile because I've been in WDW mode. But with a new year already in full swing I expect to be taking a trip to Disneyland sometime during November/December and possibly a late summer 2007 trip as well.

I've noticed there's been alot of buzz around this area of MiceChat regarding new additions to the parks and I'd like to take some of your focus onto a new topic of discussion.

In my last Disneyland trip back in July 2006 I had some trouble meeting characters because I chose NOT to wait in lines, you know, the kind that comes with summer crowds and all. I also was a first time visitor to the Disneyland Resort and tried to do everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in a matter of four days.

By the way, four days isn't enough time to see and do everything. Now I know this very important fact. I did notice on my last morning of my four day stay at the Grand Californian Hotel that a family was checking in with the intention of staying 7 days at Disneyland. I was so jealous and wished I had planned a longer trip. Don't let ANYONE tell you that 7 days is too long for a Disneyland trip!

Anyways, in my next visit to the Disneyland Resort I plan on staying on property for an extended 6-7 day stay and WILL make time for character interactions.

My big request for all the chatters of MiceChat.com is to share their Disneyland Character interaction stories for everyone of interest. I'd hope that if I make time for Disneyland characters that my time with them will be well spent. WDW characters are an experience but I do hear that Disneyland tops WDW character interactions.

Now I'd like to find out from Disneyland visitors who go far more than I what a Disneyland character interaction is all about and what can come from meeting a Disney character inside Disneyland.

Photos are welcome! Hopefully many of story contributors can provide a visual aid for this post. ;o)

Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Disneymom

Re: Disneyland Character Interaction Stories! Share Yours Today!

Here are my stories. The first one is when my daughter was two we went for the first time with her and my older two. We went to the beach first and the next day went to DL. The first character we saw when we got there was Little Mermaid. Mandy, my daughter, gave her a piece of coral shell she found on the beach. Ariel looked thrilled. that made our trip.
    The next story, Last year my liitle one was 5. She got hearing aids in August. We went to DL in September. The first person we saw in front of the Mickey Flowers was Cinderella. We waited in line and when Cinderella saw Mandy she got down to her level and started signing to her. The really surprised us. Mandy was very shy about using sign language and was amazed the Cinderella knew it. I started crying and told Cinderella how she had onlt had the hearing aid for a few weeks and was shy about them. She told my daughter that she needed to learn so they could talk to one another. That trip was the most amazing one for me and a memory we wll never forget. I immediately went to City Hall an d told them about that CM and what she did for us and told them to tell her what a chance she has given my daughter. Mandy was eager to learn after that cause Cinderella knew it too. A time and place that will reamin in my heart forever. Magic does happen

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    Here are my stories. The first one is when my daughter was two we went for the first time with her and my older two. We went to the beach first and the next day went to DL. The first character we saw when we got there was Little Mermaid. Mandy, my daughter, gave her a piece of coral shell she found on the beach. Ariel looked thrilled. that made our trip.
    The next story, Last year my liitle one was 5. She got hearing aids in August. We went to DL in September. The first person we saw in front of the Mickey Flowers was Cinderella. We waited in line and when Cinderella saw Mandy she got down to her level and started signing to her. The really surprised us. Mandy was very shy about using sign language and was amazed the Cinderella knew it. I started crying and told Cinderella how she had onlt had the hearing aid for a few weeks and was shy about them. She told my daughter that she needed to learn so they could talk to one another. That trip was the most amazing one for me and a memory we wll never forget. I immediately went to City Hall an d told them about that CM and what she did for us and told them to tell her what a chance she has given my daughter. Mandy was eager to learn after that cause Cinderella knew it too. A time and place that will reamin in my heart forever. Magic does happen
    What a beautiful story! I love when characters have talents besides just looking like someone.... on January 15th I went to Disneyland and the park was dead. In the evening, my date and I (it was his birthday) were walking down Main Street and stopped by Coke Corner, where Mary Poppins and Bert were, and she was singing! It was absolutely beautiful.

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, I'd just LOVE to share stories about all the various interactions I've had with the many Disney hunks who roam the parks. Unfortunately, they're--shall we say--X-rated. The pictures taken have already burned a big hole in my scrapbook, too!

ORGOCH: Only in yer dreams, tramp! There ain't a single Dizzy hunk in the parks that'd give ya the time a day! Heck! They's all had ta git personal insecur'ty guards just ta protect 'em from the likes a yerself! Who ya think YER foolin'?! All them lies a yers it's what's burnin' a hole in these here Micechat boards!!!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Yesterday my 6 year old got to sing and dance with Alice, The Mad Hatter, Peter Pan and then both she and her 4 year old sister got their picture taken with Mary Poppins. We also saw Chip and Dale who were ADORABLE with my kids.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Here is a story. In May 2006 at Club Buzz, the characters came by to dance. The Mad Hatter was one of them, and he noticed me, and asked me if I could dance like him. He even showed me what was in his tea set.

When i went to the park about a week ago I saw the Queen of Hearts. A girl probably 15 years old walked up to her to get an autograph. She was wearing the minnie ears that have a crown. The Queen got inches away from her face and flicked her crown and pointed to her own..basically saying that she was the only Queen. It was really funny to watch and very in character!

C'mon everybody, here we go!