View Poll Results: Would you like wine to be served in the Blue Bayou?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 60.87%
  • No

45 39.13%
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Would you like the Blue Bayou to serve wine?

Would you like wine served in the Blue Bayou?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Would you like the Blue Bayou to serve wine?

Heres how this post went previously:

NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU? - 6/18/06

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ine+blue+bayou
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• A Ghost at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Would you like wine served in the Blue Bayou?
    Sure, they already serve it upstairs in Club 33. So booze is already in the park.... Of course its really necessary in DCA where things can be a bit painful and boring to look at. A little nip for medicinal purposes?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Heres how this post went previously:

NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU? - 6/18/06

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ine+blue+bayou
    Sorry, I wasn't here then! Thanks to whomever corrected the title of my post! I guess just vote in the poll and no one needs to comment since it's been dicussed already. Once again, my apologies!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDarian View Post
    Sure, they already serve it upstairs in Club 33. So booze is already in the park.... Of course its really necessary in DCA where things can be a bit painful and boring to look at. A little nip for medicinal purposes?
    In the other thread though, it was pointed out that Club 33 is a private club...so it's a different ballgame.

Sounds good to me! In a classy restaurant it'd be awesome. It's not like beer would be sold on the street corners of DL.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I'm sorry, but I just don't want to see any winos hanging around in New Orleans Square!

• Banned User

One of the reasons I like Disneyland Paris so much is that they serve wine in all the great restaurants that park has (and the better food and restaurants is another reason too). So what makes Disneyland in California different from Disneyland Paris? Would it hurt that much to serve wine (and only wine) in one restaurant in the entire park?

DISCLAIMER: I still love DL regardless, don't kill me, please!

put a limit on it, one bottle with dinner only....Ta Da no winno's in disneyland!

• I was deleted.

One of the reasons I like Disneyland Paris so much is that they serve wine in all the great restaurants that park has (and the better food and restaurants is another reason too). So what makes Disneyland in California different from Disneyland Paris? Would it hurt that much to serve wine (and only wine) in one restaurant in the entire park?

DISCLAIMER: I still love DL regardless, don't kill me, please!
    When Disneyland Paris originally opened as EuroDisney there was no alcohol sold either. They have since changed it when they tried to improve the park to meet more of the basic cultural "needs."

Disneyland is a family park and here in America where wine isn't served with most meals. That's why the rules were set into place and why other options are available.

I always loved hearing guests talk of the Blue Bayou as the only place in DL where you can get drinks while standing in line for Pirates, while on the attraction, or walking through NOS area. I just tend to roll my eyes and keep my mouth shut.

If you want to drink in Disneyland you have two options:
    1 - Leave and go to DTD or DCA
    2 - Go to Club 33.

Let's leave it that at.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    I'm sorry, but I just don't want to see any winos hanging around in New Orleans Square!

Yeah, a staggering Capt Jack is more than enough...

Where's the rum???

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'd like them to serve wine, but Walt was very specific about not serving alcohol in the park, at least to regular guests, hence why it's okay at Club 33.

I think limiting bottle-buying as suggested would be a good idea. I have heard however that certain things can't be changed in Disneyland because Walt wished it to be a certain way, so the company has to abide to it...who knows.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I think it's kinda silly that you can go across the Esplanade to DCA and have a nice glass (or bottle) of wine with a good meal and then walk back across the Esplanade into Disneyland. You still have the same "buzz" that you'd have if you would have been served in the BB.

Another thing that get's me riled up is when I hear the story about how "Walt didn't want alcohol served in Disneyland". Well, it was actually Dick Nunis who discouraged Walt from serving alcohol in the Blue Bayou. Walt was for it, but because Dick Nunis was President of Disneyland, and consequently the one who had to deal with the grief of handling guests who drank too much (This was from his experience with the drunks from Holidayland, an ill-conceived picnic venue next to Disneyland), Walt went along with Dick on the "No Alcohol" policy in the Park, but not in Club 33.
    Now that it's been shown that people are capable of drinking wine with their meals in DCA, and that they aren't ruining anyone else's time because of it, Disney should consider selling wine in the BB.
    It's a tradition that's based in unfounded beliefs, and it's time for a change!

Besides, It's always nice to have a little wine buzz when you get your bill from a high-priced restaurant... it helps anesthitise the pain when paying the bill.
    Last edited by Circarama; 01-29-2007 at 06:49 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• A Ghost at Disneyland

In the other thread though, it was pointed out that Club 33 is a private club...so it's a different ballgame.
    Perhaps it is a "different ballgame," though how being a "private club" has any relevance at all to the question of "should drinking be allowed in Disneyland" is an utter mystery to me. Members and non-members are both in the park after all.

Why are the Club 33 members allowed the boon of having wine with their meals when others cannot? Are the members of Club 33 more moral than the non-members? Are they ethically superior to non-members? Perhaps they have a greater propensity to drink only in moderation than the great unwashed hoards of regular Disney paying Guests, who, like the Club 33 members, are all inside of Disneyland.

But really, the only difference between members and non-members is that members of Club 33 have tons of money to burn on a membership in the Club. What do others think?

Should this mere economic discrimination really give members an exclusive license to drink alcohol within the confines of Disneyland, while people of less means are consigned to drink Anaheim tap water and soft drinks? Isn't that a bit elitist and classist? Its character that determines the quality of a person, not their bank account balances as I'm sure everyone on this board would agree.

Club 33 is within the borders of Disneyland and those who dine in the Club are just as prone to drink to excess as the non-member public. I know this from personal experience dining in the Club and enjoying an adult libation as well.

Doesn't it seem that society has outgrown the classist notions that were so prominant in this country's past? If drinking is so terribly against Disney values, then they should be applied fairly and equally to all guests, regardless of economic means. To go "wink wink, its a private club and the rules don't apply to us" is a terrible piece of hypocrisy.

When I look out the windows of Club 33 and see the thirsty crowds and I imagine them choking down their fried chicken without a nice dry Chardonay to cleanse their pallates I feel saddened. But then I take a bite of my lamb medallion and a sip of my Rex Hill Pinot Noir and I feel better, but still a bit guilty in my pleasure.

Has egalitarianism truly died in our culture?

Sorry for the long post.

• Loves Fajita!

I think it would be nice to have a glass in that setting, like Circarama said it would be easier to take the shock of the bill. Though I assume they would charge an insane amount for a glass.... so I would probably need two to cope with the bill!

However, I expect a much larger bill when we putting a couple of drinks on our tab - so maybe the cost of the actual meal would not seem like as big of a hit if it was dinner and wine... thats always a pricey evening Blue Bayou or not -

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast