Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

that sound when they swipe your ticket

ok, so today i was at disneyland and when i was about to get my card swipped to get in, the guy ahead of me had his pass swipped and it played the fantasmic song insted of that little bell/pixie noise . . .
    why?
    i want mine to have a cool sound too!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I've sorta noticed lately that sometimes it gives the "pixie-bell" sound and sometimes it gives a "bird whistle" sound. How come?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Merry 2014!

i don't know, but the fantasmic tune rocks!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    I've sorta noticed lately that sometimes it gives the "pixie-bell" sound and sometimes it gives a "bird whistle" sound. How come?
    yea i know, i was wondering about that too

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!
    i guess we're just not cool enough
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• Santa Barbara, CA

When i swiped my custom "jackner" AP, it played ding dong the witch is dead.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Every X number of guests gets a different sound. Think it's 100 for the pixie, and 1000 for the Fantasmic.

I love the boing sound they make when they are opened.
    -Monorail Man

The whistle sound means that your ticket was already used once that day. It is a signal to the Cast Member to check the guests hand for a hand-stamp.

• Shubisha

The whistle happens when it's a re-entry and they have to check for a hand stamp I believe.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPixie
    The whistle sound means that your ticket was already used once that day. It is a signal to the Cast Member to check the guests hand for a hand-stamp.
    Ok. That makes sense. But it also brings up another question. If I'm handing them an AP... why do I need a hand stamp?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."

• Shubisha

Ok. That makes sense. But it also brings up another question. If I'm handing them an AP... why do I need a hand stamp?

Heh anotherpixie beat me to that by a few seconds. But i'll get this response in on time!!

You don't need a hand stamp. For some reason CMs randomly check it, perhaps in fear that you're a twin sibling trying to sneak in now after the other did. But mostly it's not checked.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    Heh anotherpixie beat me to that by a few seconds. But i'll get this response in on time!!

You don't need a hand stamp. For some reason CMs randomly check it, perhaps in fear that you're a twin sibling trying to sneak in now after the other did. But mostly it's not checked.
    I have had CMs check for my handstamp even though I'm handing them an AP. I always just figured it was some sort of "rule thing." Believe me... it doesn't bother me a whit, as long as they let me into the park! I will, however, warn my evil twin not to try any funny business. :devil:

I always do get a handstamp, though, just because it's kinda fun.
    Last edited by Tom Chaney; 05-28-2005 at 11:10 PM. Reason: just 'cause

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Wait a second. I just confused myself. If I have a ticket or an AP, I technically shouldn't need a handstamp. If I have a handstamp, I shouldn't have to show a ticket or an AP. What am I missing?

Sorry... not trying to be a brat. Just curious.

• Minion

Wait a second. I just confused myself. If I have a ticket or an AP, I technically shouldn't need a handstamp. If I have a handstamp, I shouldn't have to show a ticket or an AP. What am I missing?

Sorry... not trying to be a brat. Just curious.
    The handstamp prevents people passing their ticket to someone else who does not have a ticket. Handstamps are also checked against tickets due to handstamp transfers or fake handstamps. APs dont' need a handstamp but sometimes I get one just in case, especially when its quite busy. As for the different sounds when a ticket or AP is swiped, it can very well be that each sound signifies something to the CM. Possible AP problem, the ticket has been used already, it could signify that the tickets are fake, stolen (in the case of group tickets sold outside), or bought with a stolen cc....many different factors involved. It being Disney, I am sure they have devised ways to alert front gate CMs from questioning guests.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Yeah. The notion of passing my AP through the fence to someone else didn't occur to me. (Am I naive or what!?) It makes sense now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast