Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Guest Car Of The Day. How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    The OP is assuming that the spots aren't being given away in the first place. The reply simply asked if the OP can verify this by his continued stake out of the two parking spots. The OP then implies that the the person responding doesn't know what he is talking about.

Since the whole YOAMD thing is a sweepstakes, there really isn't a way to say how to get those parking spots. Its completely up to the luck of the draw.

That is rude.
    I reread the OP's first post and it doesn't seem like, at least to me, that they're assuming anything. They're just asking how it works. Do they give the parking spot away in the parking structure or inside the park because they haven't seen any cars parked in the times they've gone to Disneyland. It's a good and valid question IMO. Do they have "Dream Teams" in the parking structure in the morning or do they choose a family when they're already in the park itself after they have already parked their car in a different parking spot? It is a pretty dumb giveaway IMO if it's done the second way when families are already there. I don't think not that many people care that much about parking where their Disney Dream would be to get the first spot available in the parking structure. I'd rather have the fast passes or free passes to come again or some gift card to use in the stores. And how is the OP staking out the parking spots? Do you mean they're actually sitting there and watching those empty spots all day long? If that's true, then that's pretty damn pathetic. Again, it sounds like when they come to Disneyland they notice that these two spots are always empty when they walk by them when going to the escalator. They're simply making an observation and is wondering what's up with the Dream Parking Spots. So I guess me making me an observation over Disney changing their flowers in Main Street makes me obsessed about the flowers?

• Minion

Angry Re: Guest Car Of The Day. How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    The OP is assuming that the spots aren't being given away in the first place. The reply simply asked if the OP can verify this by his continued stake out of the two parking spots. The OP then implies that the the person responding doesn't know what he is talking about.

Since the whole YOAMD thing is a sweepstakes, there really isn't a way to say how to get those parking spots. Its completely up to the luck of the draw.

That is rude.

So I guess by wondering how something works and wanting to know some facts rather than some amateur guesses, opinions and assumptions I must be a very rude person.

First of all, I asked a question. A simple question. I didn't expect a smart *** remark for an answer. No, I'm not going to stake out that spot to see who parks there all day. I have a job and a life so I'll leave that bit of detective work to someone else. Secondly, no, I have not asked a parking CM because quite frankly alot of CM's don't know the answer either plus the only ones I ever see are the guys at the booths. I'm not going to sit there and waste their time or the time of the people waiting in line behind me with a question like that.

Bottom line is that apparentlt nobody knows the true answer. Some say you get awarded the space at the booth. Some say while in the park.

Oh and as for that remark about the guest might have already left the park, I seriously doubt it. I don't think the guest would leave that early, since I usually get there at different times of the day from as early as noon to as late as 7 in the evening. And even if they DID leave that early, do you really think they are going to pull out of the space, put the sign back AND also replace the traffic cone?

Personaly I don't care about parking in those spaces, as some of you might be "assuming" that I'm jealous. It doesn't matter where I park as long as I get a space. All I wanted to know is some answers and instead I get some hecklers.

• Parmageddon Jim

I've noticed lately that when a member of this board has a strong negative opinion about something at the Parks they're often lambasted as being "rude." Aren't there rules about personal attacks?

Re: parking spaces, I've seen those spaces and assumed that they were part of the Million Dreams promotion and were awarded at the parking booths. The best place to get the real answer would be at City Hall.

For what it's worth, I think the Million Dreams promotion is underwhelming, and many of the prizes awarded are, in fact, kind of stupid. A parking space close to the tram is nice and all, but, honestly, who "dreams" about that?

Time to go use that "community monitoring" system they're always going on about.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    Time to go use that "community monitoring" system they're always going on about.
    Now your talking!

Remember, we all share opinions and facts and speculations. This is a discussion board after all. Just calm down, relax, and don't feel the pressure to respond to every single post.

Plus, Reputation is your friend, so use it!
    -Monorail Man

• Parmageddon Jim

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    What if one was to just drive into the spot?
    One would likely get towed.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    I've noticed lately that when a member of this board has a strong negative opinion about something at the Parks they're often lambasted as being "rude." Aren't there rules about personal attacks?
    You know, I noticed that too. After I responded about the "rude" post, I quickly remembered about one thread that was litterboxed about how someone noticed in the car next to them there was a CM costume inside the car and everyone (practically everyone at least) took offense and said the OP was being too obsessive or something like that. Why, because they made an innocent observation and asked about it on MC? It's like a teetor totter on this board sometimes. One day you can ask the weirdest question or whatever and get praised, the next you can get blasted. A bunch of Jekyll and Hydes we are!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    Now, that's MY idea of a dream!
    Oh Disneyphile, isn't that everyone's dreams? Who wouldn't want to get towed? J/K

• Parmageddon Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Oh Disneyphile, isn't that everyone's dreams? Who wouldn't want to get towed?
    That's MISTER Towed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12