• e komo mai

Talking Mickey and Friends Parking Structure: Ever Do This? (Disney Geek Level of Thread = 5)

You leave Disneyland in the middle of the day to do some shopping, napping or errands. You vacate your parking stall at the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure and drive off.

You come back a couple of hours later to find that there are no CMs on the floor that the parking cones led you to. You're on your own.

You're thinking that your best bet is to park as close to the escalators as possible. So you drive towards aisle A. You go down that path and pass spot after spot thinking that you'll find one closer to the escalators. But you just realized that you overshot the last vacant stall and now you have to make the entire lap of the structure on your floor to find a new space. (You can't back up because there are cars coming... You can't cut down another aisle because all the slots will be facing the wrong way...)

You have to do it all over again.

Anyone else done this? If you haven't, you just may in the future.

I did on Sunday. (Twice.) lol!

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Re: Mickey and Friends Parking Structure: Ever Do This? (Disney Geek Level of Thread

Many have done it - FEW HAVE ADMITTED IT!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

• Feeling LOVED

Re: Mickey and Friends Parking Structure: Ever Do This? (Disney Geek Level of Thread

all the time
    HEARTS CLUB !!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I've learned to play it conservatively and not press my luck!

So, yes. I have done this before. The one I am most guilty of is jumping out of my car and not paying attention to where in particular I parked my car. Had a little trouble locating my car on Saturday afternoon when I went to move it to the hotel. Right level, wrong row. Totally sober, just to clarify.
    A signature should go here.

• Minion

I do this all the time and am very glad to see I am not the only one. Lately I've just been driving up the next row going wrong way. (Yeah, I'm that idiot who parked going the wrong way.) Tried the conservative method but it kills me to see all of those empty spots I could have had.

•   

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

I have to admit that I also will go the wrong way to get a good space. I either turn around or just back into the space. By the time I leave, enough cars are gone that it's no problem getting out. I also have some other tricks. I have problems with my feet and knees and I want to spend the time on my feet in the park, not getting to the tram.

Fluffy Club Member

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I've done it too. Not too much, I park now towards the center close to the exit or I go the wrong way just cause no one's there when I leave.

• e komo mai

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only Disney Geek with that trouble.

(And by the way, I've driven the wrong way, too. I just didn't want to admit it.)

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    I've learned to play it conservatively and not press my luck!

So, yes. I have done this before. The one I am most guilty of is jumping out of my car and not paying attention to where in particular I parked my car. Had a little trouble locating my car on Saturday afternoon when I went to move it to the hotel. Right level, wrong row. Totally sober, just to clarify.
    OMG. Last year I parked in Timon lot. I always mark where I park but this time I didn't. When I went back I went to where I thought my car would be and it wasn't there! I searched for at least 20 - 30 minutes and needless to say I thought for sure it was stolen! I began to really panic and then there it was -- near where I thought it was but in the opposite direction to where I was looking.

I think I do it every time. It kills me... But I always play it off like I did it on purpose.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

i have NEVER parked in the parking structure... but maybe i should , seems like there are some adventures to be had

My Maleficent tattoo

What ticks me off, is the scum of the earth...the JUST HAS TO HAVE the closest parking spot, so they take a handicapped spot. The I, who have a legitimate handicapped parking permit, has to go 95 miles out of my way just to park! Or they steal one, or get one from a dead or non-driving relative. It's NOT FAIR. When I could walk, I never parked in handicap section...and there was plenty of empty spaces. Now that I can hardly stand, all the spaces are booked years in advance.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Bring Your Own Redemption

I love how the structure is designed, with that nice, huge exit ramp down in which all levels meet at the middle. It's just a lot more organized and well lighted! Not your typical parking structure...