Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Comin' at ya!

Brer Fox tried to steal my camcorder!

I forgot to mention this, but when I went to disneyland at the end of December, Brer Fox tried to steal my camera. I was walking down Critter Country and I felt this tug on my camcorder carrying case. I figured someone had just brushed by me, so I didn't notice (the way it was around my neck, it was sorta behind me/to my right side). But then I feel an even bigger tug so I turn around and Brer Fox has my camcorder case somewhat open (it was closed ALL the way). I guess my facial expression was a very p**ed off camper, because he gave a "it wasn't me" type gesture (hard to explain, but he put his hands in the air, kinda like he was caught). So then he ran away. So I held my camera closer the rest of the trip...

I know that's his character, but it really upset me/freaked me out. What if he'd opened it and taken it? Or what if he opened it and just let it alone, but it fell out? If my camera had fallen out, I don't know what I would have done. Maybe I overreacted/am overreacting, but I think he went a little TOO far as far as character.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Banned User

Re: Brer Fox tried to steal my camcorder!

That is SO weird, because like 10 years ago, we had the same experience with Brer Fox! I was taking a picture of my hubby and he had the camcorder and Brer Fox took it from him and I took the photo of Brer Fox taking video of me. TOO FREAKY! I wonder if it's the same person?

• Comin' at ya!

It's a conspiracy!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    It's a conspiracy!
    I could not agree more! AND...we both live in WA! He's after Washingtonians!!!!!!!!

• Comin' at ya!

I just thought it was a little TOO far as far as character. I mean, what was he going to do if I didn't catch him?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Brer Fox? You don't mean J. Worthington "Honest John" Foulfellow the Fox from Pinocchio. I have never seen Brer Fox in Critter Country.

I know that the Pirates at NOS try to take things as a joke. I once saw a pirate take this ladies digital camera that she had strapped around her hand and then she saw him and he was like.."oh it was falling...I was CATCHING it for you!" I thought it was funny.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

I just thought it was a little TOO far as far as character. I mean, what was he going to do if I didn't catch him?
    film the secret bathroom?

• Comin' at ya!

Possibly...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    film the secret bathroom?
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Okay, I don't think a character was actually going to steal your camera. He was probably just trying to make you and others laugh but obviously it didn't make you laugh at all and that's why he ran away. Also, B'rer Fox is known as a mischevious character and the CM playing him was playing him as such. And if he did happen to break your camera, you know they didn't do it on purpose. Would you have the same reaction if say an 8 year old was tugging on your camera case or is it only because it was a Disney character that you can't see their real face?

Claribella, you've never seen him in Critter Country? So you've never gone on Splash Mountain? I've seen him plenty of times in there! I'm kidding. But I have seen Both B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear in Critter Country. Either there, or surprisingly Tomorrowland.

• Boat shoes all day long

I have to be upfront and honest with you, as I have posted before, the characters at this fine institution have been known to go astray from the confines of their job descriptions.
    Although you speak of an incident where the characters acted in a negative way, I feel that my life was saved due to a comment from a masked character. In short, I should have been on the BTMR train that derailed. Because of a side comment made by a character about 15 minutes before getting into the vehicle, I decided not to ride; likewise the best decision of my life to date.

Take heed, they are an interesting lot, those dressed in the full costume. Whether to help or hinder, none of us know for sure. I suppose at any time it could be a 50/50 guess what their motives might be.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Directly directed

Woody took my camera out of my hands once and I followed him for 10 minutes watching him take pictures of random things, including me laughing. I thought it was hilarous. It never occured to me that something might happen to it and I thought it really added to my trip.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Claribella, you've never seen him in Critter Country? So you've never gone on Splash Mountain? I've seen him plenty of times in there! I'm kidding. But I have seen Both B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear in Critter Country. Either there, or surprisingly Tomorrowland.
    I have NEVER seen Brer Fox in the 3 1/2 years I've been going to Disneyland just about every week! Amazing! I have seen Brer Bear though...

• More Than Meets The Mouse

I know that's his character, but it really upset me/freaked me out. What if he'd opened it and taken it? Or what if he opened it and just let it alone, but it fell out? If my camera had fallen out, I don't know what I would have done. Maybe I overreacted/am overreacting, but I think he went a little TOO far as far as character.
    By the sounds of it, if he really wanted to steal it he could've since you brushed it off so easily the first time he tugged on it. I doubt that he would've opened it and just left it without you knowing, hence the heavier tugging you felt. I'm sure the tugging would've gotten harder until you did acknowledge him. As you said yourself, it's part of the character... so it's not really TOO far to play with you like that. Part of me wants to say it would've been funnier if he actually got the camera out and started following you and filming you with it... but then again, that may have been a bit far, heheh.

Relax... it's Disneyland.
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    I have NEVER seen Brer Fox in the 3 1/2 years I've been going to Disneyland just about every week! Amazing! I have seen Brer Bear though...
    How strange. I saw them together I believe during the summer months walking around there. But my favorite moment was B'rer Bear hiding out in the exit of HM waiting to scare about 2 or 3 teenaged girls. Too funny.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast