Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Al's Update...

Thumbs up Al's Update...

After reading Al's update today, I was so pleased to read about all the changes that (hopefully) will be happening at DCA in the next 4 years...just in time for DCA's 10th Anniversary!

It doesn't sound like that Park will be a continuation of Downtown Disney, like once thought/discussed. And for me, I'm grateful for that!! I think if the changes that Al mentions in his update actually do happen, then DCA will be worth a separate admission.

What do you think?
    Last edited by DisneyFunGuy; 01-30-2007 at 09:43 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Re: Al's Update...

I like the changes that are coming for DCA, really really looking forward to the Cars Racing Ride and by the time it opens myself and the husband will be living in California

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• The one, the only...

I like the changes too. The Cars ride looks to be a real thrill ride. Also the fountain spectacular looks great too.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

That timeline is so long though... but there's a lot to do!

• n/a

Well, let me put it like this...

::does the happy dance, into.... the robot, yes friends, the robot::
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Banned User

But even with all the improvements, I still don't get what DCA is supposed to be, other than a catch all park in California for attractions imported from WDW themeparks and new attractions that don't fit into Disneyland. What is DCA supposed to be turning in to? Is the theme still a park about California, in California? Will the name still remain the same? Despite anything they do, I still can't help but feel that DCA will always and forever be the weakest, poorest, most confused Disney Park every built, and nothing is ever going to save it from that. I hope I'm wrong, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    But even with all the improvements, I still don't get what DCA is supposed to be, other than a catch all park in California for attractions imported from WDW themeparks and new attractions that don't fit into Disneyland. What is DCA supposed to be turning in to? Is the theme still a park about California, in California? Will the name still remain the same? Despite anything they do, I still can't help but feel that DCA will always and forever be the weakest, poorest, most confused Disney Park every built, and nothing is ever going to save it from that. I hope I'm wrong, but.....
    Hopefully by the time all the changes are done, Disney will have changed the name from Disney's California Adventure to something else...something that will reflect what that Park should be.

• n/a

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    What is DCA supposed to be turning in to? Is the theme still a park about California, in California?
    Maybe Texas will get a CA Adventure?
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Banned User

I'm mostly happy with the removal of the "extreme" theming of GGR. I've always loved that ride and wished it had more of a Disney feel. With the addition of AAs I think it will rival Splash as an E-ticket experience. All that's needed is a more involved queue.

I've been pretty positive about all the changes as of late, in an attempt to shed my cynicism, but I can't stand this "Carsland" idea. It just sounds like crap, but maybe they'll prove me wrong.

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

I'm very enthusiastic about the updates to DCA (except I wished they would have kept "Midway Mania" as a title). Very happy to hear that the rapids ride will finally get some residents, it always seemed unfinished to me. The water show sounds great, and should finally add some kinetic energy to the harbor. I'm looking forward to seeing some progress... I think an audioanimatronic drunken otter perched up on a stool behind a glass of scotch would be an awesome addition to that bar on the pier, if I could make a suggestion.

Oh! I almost forgot! Blasting down chimneys in New Orleans Square via fixed cannons on the island?!? BRILLIANT!!! That sounds like... ahem... a blast.

• Comin' at ya!

I'll have to read it, I wasn't aware there was a new one.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Freshman Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    After reading Al's update today, I was so pleased to read about all the changes that (hopefully) will be happening at DCA in the next 4 years...just in time for DCA's 10th Anniversary!

It doesn't sound like that Park will be a continuation of Downtown Disney, like once thought/discussed. And for me, I'm grateful for that!! I think if the changes that Al mentions in his update actually do happen, then DCA will be worth a separate admission.

What do you think?
    So true, I am especially stoked for a water show that is Disney quality. I really feel that although DCA fell flat on it's face it has huge potential and looks like it will reach the point where it's not just Disneyland's red headed step child.

• Still lost in Neverland

When I talked to Al at the noon meet and mentioned I had my ticket for the Peter Pan panel and movie Thursday he said he would have some news about Peter Pan in the Tuesday report, but I didn't see any mention. Now I am wondering what it was he was talking about. I guess I will find out when I see him Thursday at the El Capitan.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

For the first time since reading about DCA way back in the late 1990s, I am actually excited about it! It's a shame that it will have taken 10 years to make the park what it should have been at opening day, but better late than never.

I too hope DCA gets a name change, and "DCA" and all of its negative connotations become a thing of Yesterland.

• Comin' at ya!

that cannon thing sounded pretty nifty. Especially the chimney that will break. Of cou'rse, some CM will have to go say to the kid "DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU JUST DID! You ruined that building!"
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast