Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Comin' at ya!

Anyone else wish WE were getting the monsters inc?

In my opinion, I almost wish Disneyland were getting the monsters inc version of the toy story mania. I know that would mean two monsters inc rides in the park...But it actually looks somewhat interesting. What do you think? I have a bad feeling about the whole ride.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• I love loop jokes.

Re: Anyone else wish WE were getting the monsters inc?

I just can't see it in Disneyland. I think it fits much better at DCA

• Comin' at ya!

I just don't really find the toy story mania appealing..But the monsters inc one looks at least interesting.

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

I found the Monster's Inc ride at DCA to be a pretty big let down... I'm one of the few that actually enjoys the Winnie the Pooh ride a lot more (I don't get why it's slandered so much). I think I prefer the Toy Story theming at the boardwalk, myself... *especially* if they keep the midway angle there, too. Themewise, I think it's very clever, and that's why I was initially sold on the idea. Toys (prizes)+Midway Games+Boardwalk = perfect fit! Keep it titled "Midway Mania," you clowns! Or at least "Toy Story's Midway Mania"...

ps - I don't mean that *you* guys are clowns, I meant the marketing suits.
    Last edited by HotelNeptune; 01-30-2007 at 01:09 PM.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

The Monsters one is just a hide and seek game with flash lights. Atleast TSM can be changed out and something new each time you go. Plus I would always rather have Toy Story then Monsters Inc., the Toys have a much longer life then the Monsters.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Comin' at ya!

Really? I had thought it was going to be similar to the toy story one.

• Comin' at ya!

But I love the rides like whinnie the pooh more as well. But At the time I'd thought i'd rather have a monterrs ince version of the mania than the toy story... I stand corrected

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Thumbs up Re: Anyone else wish WE were getting the monsters inc?

Quote Originally Posted by HotelNeptune View Post
    I found the Monster's Inc ride at DCA to be a pretty big let down... I'm one of the few that actually enjoys the Winnie the Pooh ride a lot more (I don't get why it's slandered so much). I think I prefer the Toy Story theming at the boardwalk, myself... *especially* if they keep the midway angle there, too. Themewise, I think it's very clever, and that's why I was initially sold on the idea. Toys (prizes)+Midway Games+Boardwalk = perfect fit! Keep it titled "Midway Mania," you clowns! Or at least "Toy Story's Midway Mania"...

ps - I don't mean that *you* guys are clowns, I meant the marketing suits.
    I couldn't have said it better. The Monsters Inc. ride was definately not done up to Disney par. I mean, heck, they could have done something more with the DOORS! Something like a big thrill ride where one goes whipping all over the place in the door warehouse!

And as for Pooh I don't think it's the best dark ride, but it's definately not the worst. I find Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Pinocchio to be far worse.

And yes, keep the Midway Mania name part of the attraction. Who gives a rat's you know what if there's multiple names for the same attraction? It's called place fitting and attracting the audience you want. And considering it's being built in Paradise Pier, um...DUH!

Anyway, great post!

...Joe...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    I couldn't have said it better. The Monsters Inc. ride was definately not done up to Disney par. I mean, heck, they could have done something more with the DOORS! Something like a big thrill ride where one goes whipping all over the place in the door warehouse!

And as for Pooh I don't think it's the best dark ride, but it's definately not the worst. I find Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Pinocchio to be far worse.

And yes, keep the Midway Mania name part of the attraction. Who gives a rat's you know what if there's multiple names for the same attraction? It's called place fitting and attracting the audience you want. And considering it's being built in Paradise Pier, um...DUH!

Anyway, great post!

...Joe...
    Sorry, but I prefer Mr. Toad's hell much more than the hell that is The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

Despite being mostly painted flats, all-in-all, I find the Fantasyland darkrides loads more interesting and entertaining than Winnie the Pooh.

In Pooh - the rooms are far too open, with not enough set pieces to fill them up, and the blatantly exposed showlighting is irritating and detracts from the immersion the ride should be creating.

In Pinnocchio, you travel right into a giant cage that Stromboli is capturing you in. And in Mr. Toad you actually get hit, and killed by an oncoming train! Enough said.

Also, no to Monsters Inc. If it were to replace our current Monsters Inc attraction, then sure. It still wouldn't be correctly themed, but it would be better than what we got. But to have Monsters in Tomorrowland, or anywhere in Disneyland proper is stupid. I think its really poor planning on Tokyo Disneyland's part, since Monsters have no place in Tomorrowland.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I have to 2nd what Gracey said about Toad's ride and any of the fantasyland dark rides in comparison to Pooh or Monsters Inc. Monsters Inc is high above pooh though, but it still has a long way to go to be a really FUN ride.

If I had to choose between a Monsters Inc flashlight ride over Toy Story Mania, I'd go with the flashlight ride. And if that's the case, then they should build a Monstropolis area to house both rides.

Just not too jazzed about "midway" games.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Pilot EdForceOne

.. it never fails.. the 'dead' ride is always more popular and better after its gone.. counter to when it was actually open

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    .. it never fails.. the 'dead' ride is always more popular and better after its gone.. counter to when it was actually open
    I have no doubt that when WTP is replaced one day, possibly with a ride based on Pirates - actual pirates, the ones who swing aboard your ship and copy all of your CDs, it could be called Winnie the Harming the Profits of the Industy - people will be crying out "Oh Pooh,why have you forsaken us?"

A sentence that will never be heard again in the history of humankind in any other context.

Swinging back to the on-topic of this topic, and a topic that is very topical at the moment as opposed to tropical which would be more about the Enchanted Tiki Room, I'm all for any ride - based on whatever you feel like, including one based around The Golden Girls with the World's Largest Animatronic of Bea Arthur - as long as it has its own internal consistency and fits in with the surroundings. I'd be just as happy to see five Monsters Inc rides (there are, after all, about half a dozen Bug's Life attractions in the park) if they all had their appropriate place and time. For what it's worth, the Toy Story midway theme sounds like the bee's knees (and I don't mean very tiny and full of love).
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

Just so you know the Monsters Inc. ride has all of Midway Manias features PLUS over 70 sophisticated Audio Animatronic figures inside the attraction. Mania only has 1 AA.

Question...'

So DCA's version is just going to be us shooting stuff? Or do we get the cool See-Through flashlights too? I know the concept art doesn't suggest them but maybe just through one show scene could incorporate them. The reason I ask is because it's obvious that the "Guns" don't really shoot something so what they emit could be changed.

• The one, the only...

I have to say that using a flashlight is not that spectacular! I do it all the time. But shooting a gun is a unique experience. I have to say that flashing toys with a flashlight does not sound as fun as firing guns at monsters.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast