• That Guy

March Trip to DLR with a Rookie- Yay or Nay?

Hi everyone!!! I hope 2007 is being great to everyone.

I wanted to take my new GF to my favorite place March 11 & 12. I wanted to check with you guys to get your take on the following:

Is this a good time of year to visit?

Any HUGE conferences, or other things to be aware of, attendance wise?

May I have your hotel recommendations? I have stayed at the Hyatt Garden Grove, and HoJos in the past.

Anything else to consider?

I really want to make this an awesome trip for my girl, who I am crazy about. From DLR we will head to San Diego for three days, where we will see the zoo, relax by the beach, and basically enjoy not being in the desert.

Thanks for all your tips, info, and suggestions.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: March Trip to DLR with a Rookie- Yay or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Hi everyone!!! I hope 2007 is being great to everyone.

I wanted to take my new GF to my favorite place March 11 & 12. I wanted to check with you guys to get your take on the following:

Is this a good time of year to visit?

Any HUGE conferences, or other things to be aware of, attendance wise?

May I have your hotel recommendations? I have stayed at the Hyatt Garden Grove, and HoJos in the past.

Anything else to consider?

I really want to make this an awesome trip for my girl, who I am crazy about. From DLR we will head to San Diego for three days, where we will see the zoo, relax by the beach, and basically enjoy not being in the desert.

Thanks for all your tips, info, and suggestions.
    If money is no object and you are really trying to impress this girl stay at a nice hotel in Newport or Huntington, near the beach. To me any hotel around the DLR is way too cheesy to impress a girl.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    If money is no object and you are really trying to impress this girl stay at a nice hotel in Newport or Huntington, near the beach. To me any hotel around the DLR is way too cheesy to impress a girl.

I don't really need to impress her, it is more that I just want it to be a nice place, as opposed to a $40 a night roach motel, where you have sheets with a thread count of 20 and scabies.

For the Newport or Huntington recommendations, do you mean to stay there instead of San Diego, or is that where you think we should stay, and then drive to DLR?

I also can use some SD hotel recommendations. Thanks!!!!

I liek to save money when I go but get the best for my buck.

I would suggest looking into the Ramada Inn Main Gate located to the east of the park entrance. Just across the street. It's like a 3 star hotel and is very clean and close. I loved it.

March would be a great time to go, just expect all those rides to be closed. Keep up do date with disneyland.com

oh, and it might rain.

I don't know where your coming from but if you need to fly use Jet Blue if available. it's so cheap and every seat is first class with a private tv and free food.

I would also suggest swinging by the Courtyard of Angels and getting a cute photo of the two of you for us micechatters.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    I don't really need to impress her, it is more that I just want it to be a nice place, as opposed to a $40 a night roach motel, where you have sheets with a thread count of 20 and scabies.

For the Newport or Huntington recommendations, do you mean to stay there instead of San Diego, or is that where you think we should stay, and then drive to DLR?

I also can use some SD hotel recommendations. Thanks!!!!
    San Diego is very nice and if you are staying near the beach there they do have very nice beaches so maybe in this instance I would say its ok to stay at a hotel near the DLR. Usually if people are only going to DL I reccommend staying at a hotel in one of these cities because it is usually cooler and they don't herd everyone around like a bunch of cattle.

However, I would stick to strictly one of the hotels on the property itself. There are some nice ones in the area but there are some seedy ones too.

• I'm Flying High

Carlsbad has really nice hotels!
    The daydream princess

• That Guy

I wish there were a more consistent way of getting good hotel rates. I have used Hotwire a lot in the past, and done mostly pretty well there, except for when I got stuck at the Hilton which was like a Miami Vice lover's dream.... Ughh.

So far, I don't know where to stay for DLR or San Diego. I hear the Bahia hotel is nice for SD, but I don't know.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Anaheim Sheraton is one of my fave non Disney hotels. Great shuttle service to and from the hotel to the east side of the parks.

March is a great time IMHO. You'll just have people utilizing the 2fer deal with. And possible rain as thats still rainy season.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Anaheim Sheraton is one of my fave non Disney hotels. Great shuttle service to and from the hotel to the east side of the parks.

March is a great time IMHO. You'll just have people utilizing the 2fer deal with. And possible rain as thats still rainy season.

Coming from AZ, rain is a novelty, so that would be sweet!!! I will look at that hotel. Do you use a certain travel web browser, or just call the hotel directly to get the best deal? We have AAA and I have an AP, for discount options.

• That Guy

Also, Google has failed me, and I cannot find a listing of current ride refurbs? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

• Animator in Training!

hey that's awesome I took my gf there over the summer and It was the most fun I have ever had there with her it really makes it a special trip when a signifcant other it with you...but anyway I don't think anything is going on of the top of my head the only thing I would be worried about it check and see what is going under refurb and what now...ya don't want to go to the park to find everything under tarps =/...I stayed at the
    Caracel Inn it's right across the street fron DL and it's really nice go check it out and have a awesome time!!!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."-Walt Disney

• xmanmom

Candy Cane Inn, Always! Check out Trip Advisor to read all about it and then use the same site to check out the ratings for hotels in San Diego as well.

I gave you a bunch of suggestions for things to do in your SD thread but I don't know if you ever saw them.

Mouse Planet usually has the listings of the current ride refurbishments in their weekly DLR postings.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i really enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Regency Orange County, their beds are by far the most comfortable we've ever slept in at a hotel.

we're also goign to be at DLR that weekend, celebrating our (dating) anniversary, my husband's birthday and my friend Lindz' 30th birthday (she hasn't been to DLR since she was 11!)

maybe we'll see you at the hub sunday!

oh, and off the top of my head, Splash Mtn, TSI, F!, Mr Toad will all be closed
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.