Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The pride is back.

The Going-Out-With-A-Bang-38th-Birthday-OptiFast-Starts-Tomorrow-Dessert Thread

Going this Friday for my 38th birthday (which is actually Wednesday). The next day, My Beloved starts OptiFast, so she'll be on a liquid diet for five months.

So it's a double reason to get the best, most decadent dessert imaginable at the resort. Since we're doing Brennan's for lunch and just counter service for dinner, we can go anywhere for this - although getting PS might be an issue this late in the game.

A few things to keep in mind:
    1. We've had the creme broulee at BB, and don't want it again (it was great - just not mind-blowing enough for a birthday/last dessert for 5 months event).
    2. We both lurve chocolate.
    3. My Beloved is quite fond of raspberries, but they're not mandatory.
    4. Since we've agreed that this takes the place of my b-day cake this year, money is no object.

Any suggestions?

• The pride is back.

Re: The Going-Out-With-A-Bang-38th-Birthday-OptiFast-Starts-Tomorrow-Dessert Thread

So...nobody like dessert, huh?

• Senior Minion

Re: The Going-Out-With-A-Bang-38th-Birthday-OptiFast-Starts-Tomorrow-Dessert Thread

The creme Boulee was great! Also love the Vignettes(sp) with the Raspberry sauce good as well from Cafe Orleans.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    The creme Boulee was great! Also love the Vignettes(sp) with the Raspberry sauce good as well from Cafe Orleans.
    We did the creme broulee, but beignets with raspberry sauce...have to let My Beloved know 'bout those (we lived in NO for several years - beignets of any kind are on the massive list of things we miss).

Any other sugar fiends out there?

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider View Post
    Any suggestions?
    The chocolate fondant at The Vineyard Room . It is totally decadent and totally delicious. It loooks kind of like a Hostess cupcake at first glance but is a thousand times more delicious! And it comes with dark cherries on the side! MMMMMMMMM

Happy Birthday by the way! Have a great time celebrating!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

The Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat in the Blue Bayou.
    GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• The Grumpiest Bell of All

Thumbs up Re: The Going-Out-With-A-Bang-38th-Birthday-OptiFast-Starts-Tomorrow-Dessert Thread

[quote=Princess Buttercup;1350164]The chocolate fondant at The Vineyard Room . It is totally decadent and totally delicious. It loooks kind of like a Hostess cupcake at first glance but is a thousand times more delicious! And it comes with dark cherries on the side! MMMMMMMMM

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS.....I'm a big girl myself.....used to be about 350 lbs bigger...but i digress!!! LOL

the Chocolate Fondant at The Vineyard Room...is BY FAR the most delicious chocolate thing I have ever eaten.

Let me also say I dont like dessert, I dont so much dig the chocolate....but I ate the whole thing and half of my dates!!! lol

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• A New Kind Of Villain

Best dessert in either park is hands down the Steam N' Chocolate over at Bur-r-r-r-bank Ice Cream in DCA... I don't know how many times I can say it. I always subsitute the vanilla ice cream for cookie dough ice cream...

^_^\\//
    Last edited by Sadako; 01-30-2007 at 07:04 PM.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I love the Tiramisu from the Trattoria

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    The chocolate fondant at The Vineyard Room . It is totally decadent and totally delicious. It loooks kind of like a Hostess cupcake at first glance but is a thousand times more delicious! And it comes with dark cherries on the side! MMMMMMMMM

I SO agree with you, it's one of the best desserts I've had EVER. I almost (may still) wrote a letter to the chef to say so, it is SO GOOD.

Seriously, DarkRider, give it serious consideration for your visit!!!!

John

• n/a

A liquid diet... yeah. If they good lord intended us to have a liquid diet, he wouldn't have invented teeth.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Directly directed

The Fantasmic Dessert buffet. Is that dark yet?

• The pride is back.

Thanks for the suggestions, everybody (and the pic!) - the fondant seems to be winning...

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post

Happy Birthday by the way! Have a great time celebrating!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, everybody (and the pic!) - the fondant seems to be winning...
    Maybe a visual will push it over the top! Keep in mind tha the center is gooey and warm.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• rockin butter sponge!

I say eat nothing but dessert all day! I am a big fan of the chocolate/caramel covered marshmallows at Marcelines Confectionary. grab one of those on the way out of the park for a nice treat on the way home.

I've considered Optifast as well, but they would have to wire my jaw shut to keep me honest! Good luck and warm wishes to your beloved on this brave occasion!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast