Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ideas for a New Disneyland

May I suggest another land?

How about Shadowlands or Haunted Hollow

With that I would pull Haunted Mansion and Sleepy Hollow from your Frontierland and make them their own area with Tower of Terror and a Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride. I think it's always good to keep some Magic Kingdoms different in ways and this a land of darkness or creepiness is that one thing that MKs have been missing.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hench View Post
    May I suggest another land?

How about Shadowlands or Haunted Hollow

With that I would pull Haunted Mansion and Sleepy Hollow from your Frontierland and make them their own area with Tower of Terror and a Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride. I think it's always good to keep some Magic Kingdoms different in ways and this a land of darkness or creepiness is that one thing that MKs have been missing.
    Well, Disneyland is a family park, and to have a Shadowlands would scare kiddies away. However, a Nightmare Before Christmas ride would fit in Fantasyland. I also forgot Dumbo the Flying Elephant as a returning attraction in Fantasyland.

• Koubu Pilot

What would be great for Fantasyland's backyard is to build the Unicorn's Labyrinth that was never built at Disney's Animal Kingdom. A big hedge maze with fantasy elements near a Castle (especially the Beast's Castle, which was enchanted anyway) totally fits.

Blog Entries

Here are some theming ideas I had in mind.

1-MAIN STREET USA

Give the area a little more of a turn of the century New Orleans flavor with a hybrid of past Main Streets.

2-ADVENTURELAND

It should have more of an Asian flavor, such as forest-like trees.

3- FRONTIERLAND

Make it more authentic. For instance, have some of the lanscape for show refelect the desert of Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico. Have the walkways have a little dirt and sand, and make it look more like a town in the 1880's.

4- FANTASYLAND

There should be a little more of a colorful, Wonderland-like atmoshpere, where the locations should reflect the attractions. For instance, the Mary Poppins attraction should be across from Peter Pan. There should be a miniature London Bridge connecting the two, and the Big Ben coming from the Peter Pan attraction.

5-TOMARROWLAND

This should really be a vision of the future. The way Walt would have enivision. Have this look like a city in far Space.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Well, Disneyland is a family park, and to have a Shadowlands would scare kiddies away. However, a Nightmare Before Christmas ride would fit in Fantasyland. I also forgot Dumbo the Flying Elephant as a returning attraction in Fantasyland.

And in that statement you have proven that you have no idea what you are talking about. For the kiddies? That is why Fantasyland exists. And it is agreed that Disneyland is a family park, but if attractions like Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion exist there should be a better themed land to spotlight them. I mean the idea is already out there and if Imagineers felt like those attractions are family friendly, then a land to highlight those attractions should be family friendly as well. There are some attractions that some kids can ride and some that they can't. That is why the Nightmare Before Christmas ride was added to the purposed area. And do you really think that headless horseman is friendly for the kids?

Blog Entries

Good point, Hench...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'd like to see more original ideas on the whole...mostly for Fantasyland.

Walt wanted WDW to have a completely different set of attractions than Disneyland...it's a shame that plan wasn't followed through.

And if there's going to be a Beauty and the Beast Castle, is there going to be an attraction attacted to it?

A lot of Disney parks don't have New Orleans Square...but to me, that's the land that feels the most "Disneyland" to me

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

This doesn't sound like a NEW disneyland at all!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Blog Entries

Okay... After looking at the direction I'm taking this new park, I think this "new" Disneyland is a hybrid of some of the older Disneyland parks, as well as being joined by new attractions.

No offense, it just seems like a sum up of Magic Kingdoms with "some" new attractions. But nothing really ground breaking new. In fact, you pretty much have the exact layout of Florida's magic kingdom sans a Liberty Square. Basically, I think you need to have something that no other Magic Kingdom offers other than attractions. You need a hook, a catch, something that says This is different than other Magic Kingdoms, but still has that same old feeling.

Blog Entries

No offense, it just seems like a sum up of Magic Kingdoms with "some" new attractions. But nothing really ground breaking new. In fact, you pretty much have the exact layout of Florida's magic kingdom sans a Liberty Square. Basically, I think you need to have something that no other Magic Kingdom offers other than attractions. You need a hook, a catch, something that says This is different than other Magic Kingdoms, but still has that same old feeling.
    Give me some inspiration...I'm not sure I know what you mean..

Blog Entries

I just had an idea. First, what could make this different from the other Disneylands/ Magic Kingdoms is the fact that it could have what Walt originally envisioned.

I just had an idea. First, what could make this different from the other Disneylands/ Magic Kingdoms is the fact that it could have what Walt originally envisioned.
    And that would be?

A small park located in the Burbank Studios?

EDIT: And what I meant was that your idea for a new Disneyland just seems like a bunch of rehashs with some new attractions with no real explanation of what they are. To us there just names. Your Magic Kingdom has the barebones of a Disneyland but no meat.

Blog Entries

And that would be?

A small park located in the Burbank Studios?
    Let me be specific:

Tomarrowland could have more of a real "Tomarrow" feel (like a Galaxy that is more like 1000's of years ahead of us.. you know, more modern."

Secondly, I've realized that someone mentioned that Walt wanted the second Magic Kingdom to have a complete set of new attractions. That could also be a new change.

Let me be specific:

Tomarrowland could have more of a real "Tomarrow" feel (like a Galaxy that is more like 1000's of years ahead of us.. you know, more modern."

Secondly, I've realized that someone mentioned that Walt wanted the second Magic Kingdom to have a complete set of new attractions. That could also be a new change.
    What I'd want to see is a complete new set of lands really. Instead of TomorrowLand you can have Discovery Bay. Instead of Fantasyland, how about Narnia? FrontierLand can be replaced by my purposed Shadowlands/Wastelands idea. Tom Sawyers Island could instead be MEANT to be a Pirate Island with Pirate Mountain nearby. AdventureLand could be an EarthLand with attractions based on some of Nature's most awesome spectactles like a Journey to the center of the earth or a Volcano ride. Mainstreet instead of being based on the 1920's would become a sprawling 1950's streetcorner. Still Disneyland without being the exact copy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast