Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reading for all you Lasster doubters

Watched Frank and Ollie on DVD and found out there familes have a site up, and found this great story posted there.

http://www.frankandollie.com/OlliesTrain.html

• DisneylandDan

Re: Reading for all you Lasster doubters

I wonder if hes going to put this train at his new house hes building??? Hes building a new house near where my family lives. Its huge to say the least. I dont know how many acres though.

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

OMG, that is such a touching story! I love it! I wish more of the Disney honchos would do this sort of thing!

Thank you so much for further solidifying my belief in The Big L.

...Joe...

• Shablagoo!

I remember reading about that when it happened. I thought that it was one of the coolest things I had ever read.

• Senior Minion

I hope that Mr Lasseter takes good care of it. I love that site. I have all of the Frank and Ollie books. I love that site though.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Frankly if it came down to being at the Pirates Premiere or this, I would choose a ride on that train that morning for just about anything.

• Minion

That is so sweet. Lasseter isn't my favorite, but now I don't doubt that he is a great man.
    The daydream princess

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for that great link. Kudos to Maltin for writing that story and more kudos to Lasseter for being an extremely cool guy. That kind of thoughtfulness has not been seen lately by TDA. To go through the time and expense of putting that surprise together for Ollie is outstanding. I know Lasseter made some tough calls lately that were not that popular, but I believe he has a great passion for the art of animation and a great passion for Disneyland. I, for one, am glad he has an active voice in both areas now.

• Closed Account

This was the first--and to date the only--time that "foreign power" has appeared on the Disneyland Railroad. Let us not forget that Disney's former president, Matt Ouimet (also a railfan, I've heard), allowed this to happen.

As some of you may recall, Ouimet was walking back to the TDA building after this event and stopped unexpectedly at the roundhouse. He strode up to the lead, shook his hand, and uttered a single sentence: "I want to see the Lilly Belle."

Remember--this was a dark and dreary time for the passenger car. Dry rot had destroyed much of the original woodwork, and there was talk--strong talk--that Disney was never going to rebuild the car.

Less than a year later, the Lilly Belle was proudly re-dedicated, a sparkling jewel on the DRR once again.

I miss Matt...

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    ...As some of you may recall, Ouimet was walking back to the TDA building after this event and stopped unexpectedly at the roundhouse. He strode up to the lead, shook his hand, and uttered a single sentence: "I want to see the Lilly Belle."

Remember--this was a dark and dreary time for the passenger car. Dry rot had destroyed much of the original woodwork, and there was talk--strong talk--that Disney was never going to rebuild the car.

Less than a year later, the Lilly Belle was proudly re-dedicated, a sparkling jewel on the DRR once again.

I miss Matt...
    Me too! I hope John Lasseter does with Disneyland what we are all hoping he does for it. He's our greatest hope at this point.

Great article, great site, great men.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Cretan

Simply awesome. What a great display of respect and thanks to someone who has contributed so much to Disney and to so many lives. Congratulations on a wonderful gesture.
    Stop being greedy.

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker"

The only thing that worries me about John is him being stretched to thin, but with Stanton and Bird at Pixar, and Musker and Clements back at WDFA I think his days of directing are over, and hopefully like Walt his focus will shift more and more to WDI. And with Rasulo's star falling quick it couldnt be at a better time.

I have feeling the subs will change alot of the naysayers around, and once DCA starts to be fixed the rest will come around, As to the whole Pixar thing I suggest every one read this post on the 2719 Hyperion Blog. http://2719hyperion.blogspot.com/200...-that-has.html
    Last edited by Sharpel007; 02-01-2007 at 06:19 PM.

• We wants the Redhead

What a heart warming story. Brought tears to my eyes....
    Janet
    John 3:16

•   

Lasseter understands. I think that's the main point. He understands the Disney way. Sort of in a more modern way of bringing back the old. I still question him a little but he's getting gaining ground on my good list.
    That's a great story.

I too miss Matt though.........
    He also understood.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I too miss Matt though.........
    He also understood.
    Yeah... he did.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast