Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I'm reaching new Horizons

WesCot as the Third Theme Park?

Now knowing that a thrid theme park is comming in the future, I realized could try again bringing WesCot (A West Coast Epcot) as a reality.
    Would you like to see WseCot come and could it work? If so, tell me some ideas ans if not, explain why.

I would personally love to WesCot come and heres what I want:

Spaceship Earth
    Mission Space
    An updated Horizons
    An updated World of Motion (Since a test track clone is going to DCA)
    An updated Universe of Energy
    World showcase with same countries also with Brasil, Greace, and Russia
    Journey into Imagination
    An updated Adventure Thru inner Space
    A Entertaiment Pavilion in Future World with the Great movie Ride
    A Tron E-Ticket
    An the Incredebles Robo-Coaster

Thats it for now, what does everybody else think?
    Last edited by Robert3377; 01-31-2007 at 11:41 AM. Reason: picture not right

• I'm Flying High

Re: WesCot as the Thrid Theme Park?

I like the idea! Woot! 500 posts!
    The daydream princess

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I think that some form of either Westcot or Disney Sea would be the best bet. But I would not be against a unique new concept as well.

Perhaps just the World Showcase part of Epcot but with at least one ride in every country, and lots of detailed architecture and theme. Tell the stories and legends of the countries, showcase their histories. Disney's World Showcase - Bringing the world to you!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Hasn't this been a rumour before? I heard that they were also thinking wescot for DCA a while back...

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

***********************ME RANTING***********************

WestCOT would have gone over like a ton of bricks. I was at the press day for the "expansion" when WestCOT was the plan before Long Beach and long before DCA. I think if they built what they had planned it would have had the same effect as DCA has now...it is a ok park but not much to do and not the same as Disneyland. It would have been a beautiful park but low on attraction and high on food places and shops....kinda like DCA and DTD together. How many times could you have taken the River of Time attraction?

I would rather they spend the money to build up Disneyland and DCA then add another park that they have problem staffing and that would some how underwhelm us all. If you look at all the 2nd gates or 3rd gates (with the exception of DisneySea) they have not been a stand out E-Ticket parks. As a matter of fact, since the age of the internet no park has opened that has been a must visit till at least 5 years go by (again with the exception of DisneySea). In this day and age there is no reason to open another park when they still have a lot to fix/plus in the parks they have.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

This is really just a "What if" discussion. If both Disneyland and DCA were perfect, what would you like the new 3rd park in the strawberry fields to be? Ed Grier started this talk, we are just having a little fun running wild with it.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    This is really just a "What if" discussion. If both Disneyland and DCA were perfect, what would you like the new 3rd park in the strawberry fields to be? Ed Grier started this talk, we are just having a little fun running wild with it.

ANYTHING but a waterpark. We have Knott's Soak City in Beuna PArk, Wild Rivers in Irvine and Raging Waters in San Dimas.

But if I could have anything I wanted I'd want something as nice as they say DisneySea is.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    In this day and age there is no reason to open another park when they still have a lot to fix/plus in the parks they have.
    Absolutely! If DCA especially is in need of so much attention to bring it up to par already, *why* would they bother diverting their focus on another park all together? Spend the money, the time, and the creativity on the properties you *already* own, plus them out (DCA especially... plus Tomorrowland and Frontierland in DL... oh yeah, and Toon Town is pretty lacking, too), then once your existing draws are in good working order, meeting expectations and running smoothly, *then* you can begin designing something new. Master juggling the flaming torch and the butcher knife you're already struggling with before you add that running chain saw to the mix, too, ya clown. So sayith I.

Ps - *asterisks*

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'm all for a brand NEW concept. That is, I'd be perfectly OK with borrowed ideas from ALL parks if it were a perfect fit.

I just ask one thing: please give us a good wienie that will set this park separate from the rest!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm all for a brand NEW concept. That is, I'd be perfectly OK with borrowed ideas from ALL parks if it were a perfect fit.

I just ask one thing: please give us a good wienie that will set this park separate from the rest!
    I'm sooo tired of rehash. Imagine how much more of an incentive you'd have to travel to the different Disney parks because each one offered a TOTALLY unique experience.

Clones are no good in my book. Personally, I'd love to see a Villians themed park full of thrill rides. Man that would be awesome!

• Minion FOREVER!

Well, if we're dream'n....

How about going all out for a "Pixarland"?
    And move all the Pixar concepts out there....

• Banned User

It seems to me that Disney is going to have to fix the bad rep DCA has caused before a 3rd gate would be a success. People will roll their eyes and say “great, another 2nd rate Disney park in Anaheim.” DCA got some a bad word of mouth and press when it opened up that I think it will take time for people to forget about what happened and put faith back into the company before they can open a 3rd park. Didn’t Walt say something about doing it right the first time or it will cost many times more to fix it and get the people back? This is a perfect example.

Me

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

We might aswell just call DCA. DPA (Disney's Pixar Adventure).

Wescot would be pretty cool. I would just like to see something that hasn't been made into a park yet.

I think a World Showcase park could be a spin-off of the Epcot Center that could stand on its own.
    With Imagineers assigned the task of coming up with a unique e-ticket for each "nation" with a collection of Cs and Ds mixed into some of them, there could be a great variety of concepts.
    Granted, there are some concepts that could be reused, such as "The American Adventure," "River of Time," "Expidition Everest," "Sinbad," and the like, but the majority would have to be new to fit in.
    Couple that with Tony Baxter's idea of placing the hotel on the third floors of the World Showcase, and you have quite an interesting proposition.
    What say you?

If it is anything like Epcot, they heck no. Sorry, but Epcot bored me when I visited last. Granted, it was the period between Test Track's opening and when Test Track finally did open, but I found the place a bit too stale and "infotainment."

I would rather have an original park. Or Pixarland to move all the Pixar properties to a world where they fit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast