Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Videographer

Mini trip report, 5/27, plus picture link

Well, spent my Friday at DLR as normal. Just a few comments:

1. Herbie is in the house. Herbie the Love Bug is sitting in the Esplanade with a little set. Disney is trying to get the movie hype running. I can remember watching Herbie in the Anaheim Stadium Drive In Movie Theater when growing up.

2. Noticed the new narration on the train when an elephant came over the speakers. I think the narration was well done.

3. Okay, I haven't been to Tom Sawyer's Island in 5+ years. So when did they close down Ft Wilderness? That really stinks.

4. Duck Duck Goose! I spent part of the afternoon at DCA and came back to DL around 3:30. There were many characters in front of the flower bed. A few I can recall TweedleDee, Alice, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Aurora, Belle, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Peter Pan, Alice, and I might be missing a couple. They organized a game of Duck, Duck, Goose with many kids. It was fun to watch.

5. The evening Parade time moved from 7:45 to 7:00. This is a bummer because the parade looks great at night. I wonder if this is a permanent change or if Friday was at a special time for some reason.

Park started out busy right at 9:00 but did not escalate - just very busy from the start but never got packed. I think last monday was busier. I had fun as always.

And of course lots of pictures are available for your viewing pleasure. I am working on a few wallpapers but those will come another time.

Pictures can be viewed in my 5/27 album at:
    http://www.visionsfantastic.com/vfgallery/album27

I hope you enjoy them.

RU

PS - Mosaic picture quest results coming soon!

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Excellent pics. I love all the close-ups you get!
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Greetings, Program!

Had to make the torchlit Adventureland sign my new wallpaper the second I saw it. NICE work!!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

great pics, thanks
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Noticed the new narration on the train when an elephant came over the speakers.
    I'm not exactly sure what this means.

BTW... your photographs are stunning.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Videographer

LOL - I guess that could be clearer. I wasn't really paying attention to the narration. The conductor was standing next to me and we were chatting. All of a sudden I hear an elephant come across the speakers as we pass by the JC area. It startled me because I don't recall hearing an elephant before.

Then I tuned in a little more and realized it was a new narration in spots.

RU

• Merry 2014!

wonderful pics!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• OM NOM NOM

Gorgeous pictures, RU42! I love the close-up shots and the insane level of detail you get in them. Keep up the good work!
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Defeats the Huns

Parade times was moved to an earlier 7:00pm because they wanted to TEST it out... see if they want to do it for the rest of the summer. I have no idea why. I agree that the parade definitely looks better when it's dark because it's so colorful when all the floats are lit!

• Rainicorn.

Awesome pictures, RU! You always have nice shots.

They added new narration to DLRR? Sweet. I always thought the DLRR should have some sort of quasi-aural-interactiveness (at least, more than it does ). I'm glad they're taking that step.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    Parade times was moved to an earlier 7:00pm because they wanted to TEST it out... see if they want to do it for the rest of the summer. I have no idea why. I agree that the parade definitely looks better when it's dark because it's so colorful when all the floats are lit!
    This move has to do with Remember...they want to be able to control crowds better, and the hope is that if they move the parade time up to 7 pm, this will discourage guests from staying in the hub for an extra 2 hours for the fireworks, which creates congestion. I think the next change we can expect will be a move for the Electrical parade from 8:45 to about 9:15 pm. Those two changes along with having Fantasmic! at 9 pm should really cut down on some Remember congestion.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Videographer

I was looking at the DL website and this Friday the Parade is back listed to 7:45. I hope it stays that way. Losing out on being able to see the Parade at night would be a big loss.

There are going to be huge crowds this summer no matter what they do. They need to plan around that fact by creating pathways. A simple rope system from the mouth of Frontierland to the mouth of Matterhorn way and the whole problem is fixed. Similar to the crossings they create on MSUSA near Coke Corner or the Path they keep on each side of MSUSA during parades.

Make a spot where people cannot sit and then people can transit all they want. All they need is a few poles on wheels and a couple CMs. Then something like 9:00 take down the ropes.

At least that is my suggestion. Too bad DL doesn't hire me.

And thanks everyone again for the compliments.

RU

• Senior Minion

That's a great shot of Primeval World; I've never done shots in there, but ought to try it one of these days. You got some good close ups of parade details, too!

• Videographer

PW is a tough tough place to shoot. Low lighting, constant movement, and no flash. I shot about 10 shots and only 2 were decent; the Triceratops being the better of the 2.

I would love for the train to stop in there so people can take in the scenes more. Doesn't have to be a long stop, just 15 seconds or so for each diarama. The hop between TL Station and MS Station is so short I couldn't see this holding things up.

RU

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by RU42
    I was looking at the DL website and this Friday the Parade is back listed to 7:45. I hope it stays that way. Losing out on being able to see the Parade at night would be a big loss.

There are going to be huge crowds this summer no matter what they do. They need to plan around that fact by creating pathways. A simple rope system from the mouth of Frontierland to the mouth of Matterhorn way and the whole problem is fixed. Similar to the crossings they create on MSUSA near Coke Corner or the Path they keep on each side of MSUSA during parades.

Make a spot where people cannot sit and then people can transit all they want. All they need is a few poles on wheels and a couple CMs. Then something like 9:00 take down the ropes.

At least that is my suggestion. Too bad DL doesn't hire me.

And thanks everyone again for the compliments.

RU
    That wouldn't decrease the volume of crowds in the hub for the duration that they are there, and that is the problem. Guests have been calling the police from the hub for fear of being trampled to death, and Anaheim has threatened to shut down the entire firework offering if major changes are not produced in the coming weeks. There is really no choice in this situation, and parade times must be shifted. The difference between 7 pm and 7:45 pm for the duration of the summer season is not important anyway--it is not dark outside at either time.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast