Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

Amazing list! Excellent job!

• Why can't you tune a fish

There is a sword in the stone in WDW as well. Right next to the carousel.

They do a little show with merlin where a kid pulls the sword from the stone when an adult cannot, and then they become Honorary ruler of WDW for an hour, and can do whatever they want, but Merlin ends up taking so long, all their time is used up.

My youngest kid got to pull the sword from the stone once. You get a medal to keep.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    There is a sword in the stone in WDW as well. Right next to the carousel.

They do a little show with merlin where a kid pulls the sword from the stone when an adult cannot, and then they become Honorary ruler of WDW for an hour, and can do whatever they want, but Merlin ends up taking so long, all their time is used up.

My youngest kid got to pull the sword from the stone once. You get a medal to keep.

-dave

Thanks for that tidbit! I added it to the list.

I also just added "BACK TO NEVERLAND", the Robin Williams / Walter Kronkite animated attraction from Disney MGM Studios with an obvious inspiration from Disney's Peter Pan.

And I also failed to remember that it was shown in DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE in the early days so I updated the list in that respect as well.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me maintain this list as accurately as possible!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator

Just added GRAN FIESTA TOUR from EPCOT to THE THREE CABALLEROS to the gran(d) list on page 1.

Technically Saludos Amigos came first but the sign at EPCOT says "starring the three caballeros".

If anyone knows of any new animated references at the parks, chime in!

• MiceChat Moderator

Walked through the Disneyland Hotel this evening and never realized that the gift shop by Goofy's Kitchen had a name! The master list on page 1 has now been updated with this:

• ap holder

GREAT LIST. you forgot the sleeping beauty walk through that close down . but you did an amazing job.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Early attraction SOPs (story guides) for DRR cast members links (but doesn't really say "inspired by") the Disneyland Railroad to Disney's live-action film, "The Great Locomotive Chase."
    Interesting. Have never heard of that film. would live to see it, though!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Kudos Coheteboy for a thread that has it all! It's uniwue, informative and fun.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• California Golden Bear

awsome thread, but you forgot:
    SILLY SYMPHONIES & DISNEY SHORT SUBJECTS

STEAMBOAT WILLIE
    -Main Street Cinema (DL and MK/closed)
    -Mickey's House (not sure if you want to count that or not but one of the sets in the Mickey's Movie Barn meet and greet is SW.)

THREE LITTLE PIGS
    -Storybookland (DL and Paris?)
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

• California Golden Bear

also:

SO DEAR TO MY HEART:
    the original FrL train station, now located across the tracks at the NOS station is a recreation of the station from So Dear to My Heart. Walt wanted to use the actual station that was used in the movie but the original prop had been given to Ward Kimball, a railroad enthusiast himself, and so the station we see in the park was built using the same blueprints.
    source: Yee, Kevin and Jason Schutlz. 101 Things You Never Knew about Disneyland. Orlando, Fl: Zauberreich Press, 2005.
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”

• California Golden Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    FANTASIA
    -Welch's Grape Juice Stand (closed / Disneyland)
    -Disneyland Railroad's Primeval World (Disneyland)
    -Sorcerer's Workshop (DCA)
    -Disney's Fantasia Shop (Disneyland Hotel)
    What's the connection to Welch's Grape Juice?

also, let the record show Fantasia Gardens, (meet and greet area near the former MBC)

• California Golden Bear

THE LITTLE MERMAID
    -Ariels Grotto ( at least I think that's the name of the LM area near the hub where the House of the Future used to be) since you counted Snow White's Grotto, I think you have to count this area as well.

damn, I'm pretty good at this game. "But shouldn't you be in bed because you have a final tomorrow?" you ask, yes I should. goodnight

• MiceChat Moderator

Thanks for all the informative info, 1313HarborBlvd! I completely forgot about the 3 pigs' presence at Storybook Land.... but are they in Paris for sure too? I can't confirm.

What's MBC stand for?

The Welch's Juice Stand was there when Disneyland opened and was themed to Fantasia, though not by name.

Sleeping Beauty Castle is listed, but I added that the walkthrough is closed.

Thanks for the input! This list is far from finished, as there's several other parks and hotels to explore.

• MiceChat Moderator

FINDING NEMO
    -Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage ride (Disneyland 2007)
    -Turtle Talk with Crush (DCA)

-Nemo's Niche shop (closed / Magic Kingdom)
    -Finding Nemo Living Seas (epcot)
    -Turtle Talk with Crush (Epcot)
    -Finding Nemo musical (opening soon / animal kingdom)

-Crush Coaster (forthcoming / paris studios)

Updated the Finding Nemo category!

• Boogers are salty

Am I missing it or did you leave off Fantasmic!, anyway awsome thread, masterful work Coheteboy
    Last edited by 1disneynut2another; 06-12-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast