Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 436
  1. #91

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,507

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Am I missing it or did you leave off Fantasmic!, anyway awsome thread, masterful work Coheteboy
    Thanks!

    I purposely left off any show or parade that was based on a variety of animated works such as Spectro Magic, Electrical Parade, Light Magic, Fantasmic!, etc etc. The reason for this is because it is nearly impossible to track every parade or show since 1955 and list each and everyone one of the animated references.

    The list would just go on forever and ever so in an effort to keep things manageable, I'm sticking to shows and parades that focus on a singular entity. And even with that I'm missing a lot of them!

    Any help would be great!


    Edit: Also another reason I'm excluding many of the shows and parades (and fireworks) is because some of these programs only use a snippet of a song. The current Disneyland parade uses a song from Brother Bear, but they don't even get a Brother Bear float! So by that logic, it kinda doesn't inspire an attraction or show. If Brother Bear didn't exist, another song would be used in its place. And in Fantasmic, if Peter Pan didn't exist, Pocahontas would take its place (like in Florida's version).

    Hope that made a nick of sense. Any show element or song or whatever that can be replaced by another film... I'm just going to leave off of this list for simplicity's sake.
    Last edited by Coheteboy; 06-12-2007 at 12:25 PM.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  2. #92

    • Boogers are salty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Thanks!

    I purposely left off any show or parade that was based on a variety of animated works such as Spectro Magic, Electrical Parade, Light Magic, Fantasmic!, etc etc. The reason for this is because it is nearly impossible to track every parade or show since 1955 and list each and everyone one of the animated references.

    The list would just go on forever and ever so in an effort to keep things manageable, I'm sticking to shows and parades that focus on a singular entity. And even with that I'm missing a lot of them!

    Any help would be great!


    Edit: Also another reason I'm excluding many of the shows and parades (and fireworks) is because some of these programs only use a snippet of a song. The current Disneyland parade uses a song from Brother Bear, but they don't even get a Brother Bear float! So by that logic, it kinda doesn't inspire an attraction or show. If Brother Bear didn't exist, another song would be used in its place. And in Fantasmic, if Peter Pan didn't exist, Pocahontas would take its place (like in Florida's version).

    Hope that made a nick of sense. Any show element or song or whatever that can be replaced by another film... I'm just going to leave off of this list for simplicity's sake.
    Makes sense, but since this is such a big undertaking already i see your point but think anything worth doing is worth doing right, you should try at least getting all the current atractions in if that makes sense, plus for some of the old have you tried looking through Yesterland. Awsome thread, just some suggestions. Oh and I think music is definetly a big part of anyshow, imagine watching a parade with no music, its not the same.

  3. #93

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,507

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Makes sense, but since this is such a big undertaking already i see your point but think anything worth doing is worth doing right, you should try at least getting all the current atractions in if that makes sense, plus for some of the old have you tried looking through Yesterland. Awsome thread, just some suggestions. Oh and I think music is definetly a big part of anyshow, imagine watching a parade with no music, its not the same.

    I know what you're saying, and I've been down that road of thought, it's just something that would throw everything off balance unless I had a listing of every show and every parade in EVERY disney park. Maybe I should consult with Dave Smith?

    BUT.... I agree with you. I definitely would love if I had all the information to do this right. So if I had some help or a hint or a lead... I'm not going to jump on that wagon until I know I have everything else down.



    In WDW's Fantasmic... can someone tell me each and every character in the 'bubbles' scene? Does that even count? These are the gray areas that I'm trying to figure out.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  4. #94

    • Boogers are salty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    well for doing the current attractions each park lists them on their web sites, thats a start

  5. #95

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,507

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    well for doing the current attractions each park lists them on their web sites, thats a start

    I'm up to date on those thanks. It's the OLD and forgotten stuff that I'm trying to finish from Disneyland and the other parks.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  6. #96

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,507

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    Just added some items from Tokyo Disney Sea for The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  7. #97

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,507

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    Thanks to Yesterland's entry on Animazement, I was able to update Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame and Hercules.
    http://www.yesterland.com/animazement.html


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  8. #98

    • Another part of me
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bay Point
    Posts
    189

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    What a great post! Very informative.

  9. #99

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    1188 miles from Disneyland. (Seattle, Washington)
    Posts
    184

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    Don't forget the Neverland pool in the hotel!


    myspace.com/xrybox


    Next trip to Disneyland - August 17, 2007

  10. #100

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,507

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    Quote Originally Posted by xRybo View Post
    Don't forget the Neverland pool in the hotel!

    OMG, how could I forget!!! Thanks!


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  11. #101

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    1188 miles from Disneyland. (Seattle, Washington)
    Posts
    184

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    No problem, thank YOU for the awesome list, I've always wanted to look at something like this...


    myspace.com/xrybox


    Next trip to Disneyland - August 17, 2007

  12. #102

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,572

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    If I had the money, I would publish you in book form, Coheteboy. Your lists are both informative and fun.

    I have something new to add under the Peter Pan influenced category.

    Hook's Point - the seafood restaurant that is located on the Disneyland Hotel grounds. It is located at the former location of the Shipyard Inn which is directly behind the south end of the Sierra tower next to the Lost Bar and Tinkerbell's Treasures. Oh my, that's two more candidates - which makes a total od three.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  13. #103

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    1188 miles from Disneyland. (Seattle, Washington)
    Posts
    184

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    Here I am again! Um, the hot tub at the pool at Disneyland Hotel is Little Mermaid themed, . Man, you'd think I spend more time at the pool than the park... I swear, I don't. Anyway, well done, love the list, and it is totally worthy to be put in book form!


    myspace.com/xrybox


    Next trip to Disneyland - August 17, 2007

  14. #104

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,507

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    Do you have a picture of the hot tub?

    and guess what? I just spent the last hour and a half editing everything, finding all the restaurants from all the hotels around the world, including everything that was just themed to Mickey & Friends. I was finished and when I hit save, micechat crashed and I lost it all.

    Disney.com is NOT a fun site to browse so I don't know if I'll ever finish it again.

    So mad right now. And tired.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  15. #105

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,572

    Re: Disney Rides and the Animated Films that Inspired them

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Do you have a picture of the hot tub?

    and guess what? I just spent the last hour and a half editing everything, finding all the restaurants from all the hotels around the world, including everything that was just themed to Mickey & Friends. I was finished and when I hit save, micechat crashed and I lost it all.

    Disney.com is NOT a fun site to browse so I don't know if I'll ever finish it again.

    So mad right now. And tired.
    Sorry, buddy. Get some rest. I've done things like this before. I find that I always do a far better job than I would have otherwise, had I not errored. It's frustrating and aggravating when you lose your work, though - no matter how you slice it.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-29-2007 at 08:18 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hidden jokes in Disney Animated films
    By Guy Hutchinson in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 09:26 PM
  2. Star Wars Theme park concept (old idea) inspired by recent similiar post
    By brad chowen in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 02:01 PM
  3. Favorite NON-Disney Animated Films
    By Mousekiteer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 03:26 PM
  4. Your favorite non-animated Disney films
    By Ortizmo2000 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 05:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •