Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

$53 is no small amount but, despite the attractions that are currently down, it's a fair price for what you get. I don't think you'll get anything approaching Disneyland's unique brand of entertainment anywhere else for less.
    Which do you choose: a nice dinner for two or a day at Disneyland?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I would choose that nice dinner for two if it was at Club 33.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    $53 is no small amount but, despite the attractions that are currently down, it's a fair price for what you get. I don't think you'll get anything approaching Disneyland's unique brand of entertainment anywhere else for less.
    Which do you choose: a nice dinner for two or a day at Disneyland?
    I agree and disagree...

I think the park is expensive, but still there is no stopping the number of people willing to pay the full admission price... So supply and demand come into play...

When you compare the price per value with other near by parks, I think you will see that at $55 DL is a great value...

But what gets me is that in the 70's you could get in the park for $ 15 ... If I am looking at the numbers correct, this rate of growth is well above inflation... But what do I know...
    Check out my other blog:

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    I would choose that nice dinner for two if it was at Club 33.
    i've seen an avatar of club 33 and i guess i have to ask finally, what is club 33 :confused:
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• My cuties!

Club 33 is a private club in New Orleans Square. It is the only place in DL that has alcohol. I was fortunate to go once (my friend was a manager there and got us in). The food is fabulous but NOT cheap!

i think i may of seen that on the travel channel with my "crush" Samantha Brown. I love her
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• Minion

I always hated denying its existence even though everyone knew it did exist. I physically ate there there but when I did work there, one of the supervisors did bring some food and desserts down for the office staff one night. It was good!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    I agree and disagree...

I think the park is expensive, but still there is no stopping the number of people willing to pay the full admission price... So supply and demand come into play...

When you compare the price per value with other near by parks, I think you will see that at $55 DL is a great value...

But what gets me is that in the 70's you could get in the park for $ 15 ... If I am looking at the numbers correct, this rate of growth is well above inflation... But what do I know...
    Well... now that you mention it... according to The Inflation Calculator found at

Your $15 admission in 1970 would cost $75.57 today.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Fort Wilderness on Tom Sawyer Island just sits there unused day in and day out and is closed to the public for no reason.

Actually, it is to dangerous to let guests in. It has a termite issue and now the woods rotted and unsafe. The only people allowed in there is fantasmic cast!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Disneyland Cast Member

If you think Disneyland is expensive you should see the price of a one day park hopper at WDW. It's like $129 and some change. And the losses at Dl due to shopplifting and cleaning up after guest who damage stuff keeps boosting the price of admission. Last year the resorts losses due to stealing were around $3.5 Million. Number one stolen item in stores, the $6.00 name key chains. Still if you break the cost of a day at Disneyland to a per minute figure it is still cheaper than going to a movie or a ball game.

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Weren't they still on the Ticket Books in the 70's?....

Was it $15 PLUS Tickets?.....
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Merry 2014!

yes, they had ticket books in addition to the entry fee. i don't know how much they cost.

as a kid, my family could only afford to go every three years which was how long it took to save money. my mom once quoted a 5 day trip with three at dl cost around 1200 dollars. course there were 5 kids. we stayed at the stovall's space age inn (anyone remember that?) so some things never change. even for me to go once a year it takes me 10 mos or so to save $600. my sis and I will go for 4 days.

other parks don't come close to disney imho. last time at six flags mm was not very impressive. and knott's is really only good for haunt fest.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

As a biased DL fan, IMO the place is simply the best value you could get for $55. Is it just me or do people just whinge for the sake of it nowadays?!?! For me to even get there it costs over $1000 in airfares alone. Irrespective of what is charged at the gate, they must be doing something right - next to Americans, Aussies are the 3rd biggest visitors to the place. I hope the Execs are noticing this cause it's high time they build a Disneyland Down Under!

Our major Theme Parks are charging $60 at the gate & go up $2 EVERY SINGLE YEAR! The quality of entertainment (needless to say) is not even slightly comparable to DL.

Sure, the business of Theme Park's is big business nowadays but huge operations such as DL require big bucks to run & maintain them. When I am there, I know I will remember the visit as one of the happiest times of my life so I couldn't care less how much I spend & no - I am hardly loaded with cash either.

If you visit the place for a FULL day, compare it to seeing 4 or 5 major Broadway style Musical productions back to back. The standard of entertainment is just as high. The price of a trip to DL is a fraction of that cost.

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    The Submarine Lagoon can somewhat get the night off since it is actually being worked on, but I still think they could have have began this 6 or 7 years ago and not just let it grow into a bigger problem each year.
    You fail to remember that the previous management didn't give a s**t. Be thankful that it is being worked on at all.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Rainicorn.

I think all of the things you listed as drawbacks and downsides to paying so much will be addressed with Ouimet and with the 50th drawing more people than ever. The new management team will hopefully bring Disneyland to a whole new level. If you look at DL now, it's in better shape than it's ever been, partly because of the 50th and also because the new team realized that this place set the standard for theme parks.

I would rather pay $53 to go to DL than the price to go to Six Flags. I'll go to Six Flags for rides and the rush (and the heat, sadly. And hills! Eff those hills!) But Disneyland... I'd pay any day go to see that. Even though it's missing those things, it's still so much better theme-wise. So immersive.

My 2 cents.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast