Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Thanks. I just used the figure listed without verifying it. Even so, despite the fact that (adjusted for inflation) Disneyland admission is double what it was 33 years ago, I still think its a fair deal. Compared to admission to other parks and considering the superiority of Disneyland, $53 ain't bad. Once you're in the park, you don't have to spend another dime for a full day of amazing experiences... and when the day is done, you probably will not have done everything you could have. Another factor, even though it is of little concern to park guests, is that the increase in admission dropped a ton of money to Disney's bottom line. The future of the enterprise is dependent on the health of its profit margin. Even though a lot of this extra money disappeared into Mr. Eisner's pocket, much was just spent re-habbing the park itself and will continue to be spent on new attractions. You get what you pay for... at least it seems you do now that Mr. Ouimet is on the job.

It also isn't the same park at is was in 72... I think you would agree with me that 22.50 would be too good a value... particularly with the added attractions of Indy, Splash, Tours, and Big Thunder...
    Check out my other blog:

• Sock Puppet

Umm based on the lead post, I think economics needs to be taught in more schools and be a required course.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    As a business, I think Disney should charge what the market will accept. I'm sure that they could get away with $60 for a day at Disneyland. However, they need to consider lowering the price at DCA.
    Can you imagine how crowded an undervalued Disneyland would be? What would happen if they only charged $20 for a one day ticket?
    I couldn't agree more. Disney should charge whatever the market will bear until attendance begins to suffer. Why let people thru the gates at a reduced price, just so they can wear out your attractions faster, use up your toilet paper, paper towels, condiments, napkins, etc. faster, and for less profit. I know that it is unfortunate that ALL people cannot afford to go to Disneyland, but not all people can go to Paris, or Hawaii, or Cancun, or London either! Just because it's a theme park doesn't mean that it has to be priced so low that EVERYBODY can go.
    Besides, I get a little tired of hearing about the poor people who can't afford Disneyland's high prices. Disneyland is a place to go if you have discretionary income. If they are that financially strapped, maybe they should reconsider their priorities.
    And no...I don't think that DCA is worth the same price per day as Disneyland!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Santa Barbara, CA

I thinkis is worth it provided everything is mainrtained and wroks. I wanna see the restaurnats open and the shops going, then the rides happening with fresh paint. Paint and over due enhancements to 40 year old rides are not marketing.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    As far as disneyland being too expensive for families- I disagree- much of the costs of Disney Vacations come from Hotels and Airfare- you can't really blame the parks for those costs.
    There are many websites out there dedicated to doing disney cheaply (mousesavers, etc.). I think the multi-day parkhoppers are very reasonably priced and they offer many discounts if you purchase through Disneyland.com (your average family is probably going to buy the multiday passes, not just one day)
    There are so many travel resources available through the Internet nowadays, there is no reason to complain that it is too expensive for families.
    I also agree that Disneyland would be too crowded if they lowered ticket prices- Six Flags anyone? I prefer to leave those simply looking for cheap thrills in Valencia and I will enjoy the Magic Kingdom with those that appreciate it.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Official Mice Chat person

I don't think it is to expensive, especially if you use the park hoppers. Park hoppers are really a great deal! Take the 3 day park hopper ticket for example. It's $129. That means you are paying $64.5 dallers for each park for 3 days total. Which equals out to about $21 bucks per park, per day. A day at six flags is about that same price. And that's MUCH better than paying 53 bucks for 1 singal day. (and one park)

Just my thoughts.

p.s. My family went about 2 weeks ago, we got a few discounts with the 3 day park hoppers and it ended up being about $14 per park, per day.

• Minion

Oh, and the So Cal AP... That is a little too good a deal if you ask me...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    I don't think it is to expensive, especially if you use the park hoppers. Park hoppers are really a great deal! Take the 3 day park hopper ticket for example. It's $129. That means you are paying $64.5 dallers for each park for 3 days total. Which equals out to about $21 bucks per park, per day. A day at six flags is about that same price. And that's MUCH better than paying 53 bucks for 1 singal day. (and one park)

Just my thoughts.

p.s. My family went about 2 weeks ago, we got a few discounts with the 3 day park hoppers and it ended up being about $14 per park, per day.
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion

I don't know. I guess I've been spoiled by having my AP and getting more than my money's worth but look at the other parks around and how they compare. It costs $50 to go to Great America for a day. Is it worth the extra three for Disneyland? Heck yes. Not only are the themes, rides, everything superior in D-land, you feel immensely safer. What would happen if ticket prices went down? We'd end up with even more cranky, rude teenagers who jump lines and start crap.

• My cuties!

What would happen if ticket prices went down? We'd end up with even more cranky, rude teenagers who jump lines and start crap
    Good point!

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I also agree that Disneyland would be too crowded if they lowered ticket prices- Six Flags anyone? I prefer to leave those simply looking for cheap thrills in Valencia and I will enjoy the Magic Kingdom with those that appreciate it.
    Well said. SF barely has any theming, just thrills that you have to wait in long lines for.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

May I remind everyone of the 2'fer pass? It wasn't that long ago.

As far as rude teenagers cutting in line...you'll still get that no matter what as they are APs!!!!! I'm not saying that all APs are all that way but I know a handful of CMs that continually tell me that APs think they know how to run a park when many haven't even worked at one. And many still to this day are quite rude.

And lastly about the "cheap thrills" that everyone keeps commenting about (ie. MM ) C'mon deep down inside everyone wants to feel the rush of danger and excitement that these mega coaster give us. I dont' think its cheap thrills as many of the coasters built by Vekoma, Intamin, or whomever are quite innovative and state of the art. These creators make what we seem impossible a reality for what they do. There's a market for them and always will be and in order for DL to remain at the top of its game...they need the competition. Although we dont' see it as competition...believe me they do.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I agree that there is a market for thrill rides- I love roller coasters and I am not trying to downplay their importance. However- I will never go back to MM and will think twice before going to ANY Six Flags park- if they are going to spend that kind of money on thrill rides, then the park should be maintained accordingly. My last visit was in 2001 and I was disgusted by the entire experence- from parking in a gravel lot, to being herded into ride queues like cattle, to the restrooms looking like crack houses or forgotten rest stop bathrooms.

Its not the thrills I have a problem with- its the cheap. Appearance matters and any guest can tell the difference. When I worked in day custodial at Disneyland, you would not have believed how many guests thanked me for the clean appearance of the park- literally, on a daily basis, I would have guests stop me and tell me how clean the park was and how much more they were able to relax and enjoy the park because it was so well maintained.

Relaxing is that last thing I was able to do at Six Flags- more like looking over my shoulder for gunfire.

As attendance is not a problem at Disneyland, plenty of people can see the difference and are obviously willing to pay for it.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    As a business, I think Disney should charge what the market will accept. I'm sure that they could get away with $60 for a day at Disneyland. However, they need to consider lowering the price at DCA.
    Why not kill a few birds with one stone and have Disneyland "annex" DCA as 3 new lands, turn the Esplanade into some more elbow room wile inside the park and more attractions? This would justify the price, give everyone more things to do, make us feel less like cattle, and keep people from whining anbout DCA.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Newseditor44
    May I remind everyone of the 2'fer pass? It wasn't that long ago.

As far as rude teenagers cutting in line...you'll still get that no matter what as they are APs!!!!! I'm not saying that all APs are all that way but I know a handful of CMs that continually tell me that APs think they know how to run a park when many haven't even worked at one. And many still to this day are quite rude.

And lastly about the "cheap thrills" that everyone keeps commenting about (ie. MM ) C'mon deep down inside everyone wants to feel the rush of danger and excitement that these mega coaster give us. I dont' think its cheap thrills as many of the coasters built by Vekoma, Intamin, or whomever are quite innovative and state of the art. These creators make what we seem impossible a reality for what they do. There's a market for them and always will be and in order for DL to remain at the top of its game...they need the competition. Although we dont' see it as competition...believe me they do.
    There were rude teenagers long before they invented the AP. Leave us APers alone!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    There were rude teenagers long before they invented the AP. Leave us APers alone!
    HAHAHA...that's funny. But seriously, I'm not going to leave AP holders alone as they are not exempt from anything. That includes myself as I am an AP holder and for your information a former CM (administration to be exact!!!) and married to a former Guest Relations CM. As far as I'm its open season for anyone and everyone. :P

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast