Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Too Much Money For What We Are Getting

Who else thinks that we, the Disneyland public, are paying too much for a park that has many non-operational things. I believe the way most of us pay $53 and i bet soon to be $55, we should get our moneys worth by being in a fully operational park.

Examples:

Big Thunder Ranch used to be a dining area and a show area, now it is just an area that hosts the smallest petting zoo I've seen and more than half of the area is closed off.

Fort Wilderness on Tom Sawyer Island just sits there unused day in and day out and is closed to the public for no reason.

The Skyway House sits in a gloomy area with no ligting and stands still without being turned into something useful like a shop or food spot.

The Jolly Trolley stops are still there and should'nt be there since the jolly trolleys are no longer operational.

The PeopleMover track is the biggest eyesore anyone can see and remains there useless knowing that it is the heart of Tomorrowland and should be greenlighted already for a new attraction since it can be seen in every location in Tomorrowland.

The upper half of Starcade is not being used at all for the moment and is unknown if it will reopen just leaving another big empty hole in Tomorrowland.

The Observation platform is nothing but another eyesore in this land and there is no reason to keep it up there any longer.

The Submarine Lagoon can somewhat get the night off since it is actually being worked on, but I still think they could have have began this 6 or 7 years ago and not just let it grow into a bigger problem each year.

I guess Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-thru can get the night off as well since it is a possible terrorist attack spot.

I know Disneyland is trying to work on some of these problems, but if they are going to do it, they need to do it now because the public is paying too much of their money to have a fun filled day at Disneyland and see that much of the area is just not working.

Can anyone else think of problems such as these that are elsewhere in the park?

Doesn't anyone else think we are paying toooo much for Disneyland to be giving us all this waste?

How does everyone else feel about this?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Minion

Considering that ticket sales generally do not make a dent at DL revenue, I agree that the single day ticket price is getting out of hand.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

the whole industry is expensive. but disney still does it best and i'm willing to pay.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Videographer

I would have to respectfully disagree. Those items you mention, while lamentable, are just part of the life of the Park.

Walt designed the Park to be ever changing. This means things come and go. I think Ft Wilderness and the Sleeping Beauty Walk through closed are a shame. But other pieces are just evolution.

And who knows - other positive changes might start happening now that someone with something more then a merchandising background is running the Park.

RU

• Minion

Prices are going to go up regardless and its reflected on the increases of all theme parks in So.Cal. But I am an AP holder so I can justify going into the park and doing only a couple of things a day and then go back another time. The average family of 4 can't afford to go to DL and enjoy one day even if the saved up money for a year. I just feel for some people that visit from another state and pay the posted ticket price at the booth and stay an entire day only to go on 3 rides, wait in line for 30 minutes to get food and then have to camp out for 3 hours to see the last parade and Remember.

My husband and I are trying to figure out how to save money to bring the kids to WDW in the next couple of years and have come to the conclusion that going to Europe is probably cheaper!

i think the prices are reasonable, to go to a red sox game two tickets will cost for more even for bleacher seats!! i question whether or not your a fan, i haven't been to DL and you seem to be an advocate for not going!! what a downer!!
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Yeah, im a fan, just about one of the biggest Disneyland fans in the world, I just think that Disneyland should be up to maintenance in order to fix all of these things because I am a loyal fan and I do pay good money to see Disneyland when I can, and I always hate being disappointed to see how many things are not being put to use in the park since I am such a big fan.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Minion

I am a big fan of DL as many others who disprove how the park handles itself with respect to various things. Like I said, I think its just a shame for the average american family (even many of those that live out here in So.Cal) that can't afford to go to DL and experience the magic. I think that some of us that have been to WDW or DL many times are extremely lucky and blinded because we can afford it and don't realize the many financial sacrifices other families make just to go to the park in one day. My husband and I (both former DL CMs) brought the kids on May 5th and it was so crowded we had to leave but we both just thought it was a shame for those that actually paid for the day (we are APs) that were unable to really do anything that day.

BTW- two cheap tickets (you even get a seat with a cup holder) at an Anaheim Angels game is $24 plus you even get fireworks!!!!! Well for every home run hit by the Halos!!!! Go Angels!!!!

i guess i'm biased, wdw is in tip top working order from my perspective, and since i've never been to DL i always thought they were compareable in every aspect. also fenway is the smallest stadiumin baseball, and with them winning the world series, they can charge almost anything and get a sell out

• My cuties!

We spent just under $2300 for our trip to DL two weeks ago; IMO it was money well spent. That included airfare for 3 adults and 2 kids ("supposedly" it was kids fly free), 4 nights at Residence Inn, 4 day park hopper tickets for the adults (the twins aren't yet 3 so they were truly free here), souvenirs and a few meals. We planned a year ago to do this trip and saved up for it. My husband is one who thinks DL is way too expensive but I drug him there anyway!

• Minion

My oldest turns three in three weeks and now we have to cough up $209 for a Deluxe AP...ugh. I got quoted $4000 for two adults to WDW in the off season at Port Orleans or Carribean Beach....that doesnt include food or merchandise. I am scared to find out how much for a three year old plus an airline ticket for a 20 month old. Oh, that's for 5 days.

WDW and DL aren't comparable. You can't ever compare DL to WDWs MK because you just can't. I've heard some Disney management say that each Magic Kingdom was supposed to give each guest a glimpse of what Disneyland is like so that they'd actually visit the real one. Yes, some of the ride vehicles were designed a little better than the original counterpart in Anaheim but at my last visit to WDW, the Magic Kingdom seemed a little dated (that was back in 2002). But I have to add this...why isn't It's a Small World anything like the one out here? The outside that is...

wow i am suprised you think its dated, do you think its more dated then DL?

• Minion

Yes, my husband and I think the Magic Kingdom is dated compared to DL even prior to the changes made for the 50th. We were there back in 2002 and opted to spend most of our time at EPCOT as that place is just awesome. He went on most rides (I couldn't as I was pregnant) but MK just didn't have the feeling that DL gives you. The first time I went to WDW was with other DL CMs and when we walked into MK for the first time...we all said ..."oh, is this it?". Yes the castle is better but each park is supposed to have a different castle for each princess. I guess its all a matter of opinion...an MGM CM told us that their Fantasmic! is much better but after seeing it, we wholeheartedly disagreed and also found out she had never seen Disneyland's version.

• Junior Mint

I agree about the ticket prices being a little too high for what you get. Don't get me wrong, I just returned from the first disneyland vacation that i paid for by myself, and it was a real sacrifice, as I am a poor college student living on my own. The experience I had was awesome, but it could have been better for what I paid, though I had a good time. I guess thats just the business though. I'll remember the fun, rather than the things I didn't like.

well if that is true i can't wait until later on in the year to go to DL, because I absoultly love WDW with all its four parks! especially WWTBAM i made it t the hot seat, yay!!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast