View Poll Results: Do you like the following idea for a Halloween layover to Space Mountain?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure do! Bring It On!

12 30.00%
  • Sure don't! Leave my Space Mountain alone!

14 35.00%
  • Mixed. I like parts of the idea, but it needs more work.

11 27.50%
  • Indifferent - don't care. I just want to ride that dang Mountain!

3 7.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Spooky Space Mountain/Haunted Space Mountain Idea...

Well, I've come up with another layover idea for Space Mountain. (I can already hear the groans. LOL) But, I figured I'd throw them out here for the world to see.

The following idea is a layover for Space Mountain during the Halloween season. The name of the ride would be changed to either Spooky Space Mountain or Haunted Space Mountain.

What I see is for this Halloween layover are a multitude of changes. First, during the ascent the laser lights would be changed to the image of a multitude of skeleton skulls circling around. (This would help keep the illusion that your rocket is actually tilting.) As for the asteroid, this would be changed into a gigantic jack-o-lantern spinning out of control that's ready to slam into the side of your rocket. Along the track would be scary looking eyes. These eyes would be bright enough to notice, but not so bright as to reveal the track. Then, at the final moment when your rocket is about to re-enter the station, a plethora (sp?) of ghosts would fly all around your rocket with a scary howling noise.

Now, as for the music...a very scary, very eerie type of song would be chosen as the soundtrack. Something similar to Michael Jackson's, "Thriller," but not that particular song.

Also, for the actual fascade (sp?) of the mountain ghosts and bats would be shown flying up the sides. Another possibility for the fascade (sp?) is to show the classic Disney cartoon of The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow - The Adventures Of Ichabod Crane upon the Mountain's walls.

This idea needs some tweaking and work, yes, but I just wanted to see what people thought.

(Yeah, I know this is WAY before Halloween, but hey, why not share an idea when it comes to me?)

...Joe...

•   

Re: Spooky Space Mountain/Haunted Space Mountain Idea...

I love anything to do with Halloween if it's done right so it could work if they put a lot of thought into it.
    Remember fog and strobe lights are always a good part of Halloween.........

Thumbs up Re: Spooky Space Mountain/Haunted Space Mountain Idea...

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I love anything to do with Halloween if it's done right so it could work if they put a lot of thought into it.
    Remember fog and strobe lights are always a good part of Halloween.........
    That's right! The fog effect could work perfectly towards the beginning and at the end!

Thanks for the idea about the fog!

...Joe...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

How do ghosts make any sense in outer space?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Alien ghosts. These ghosts could be something that the Imagineers would create completely on their own. They'd have free range to go wild with this idea.

In my opinion there are many other creatures out in the universe, not just us. These ghosts would resemble some of these creatures we have yet to discover.

...Joe...

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

ps - I like the idea... I think just fog and lazers and creepy sounds, maybe some ghost projections would be cool enough... maybe the projections of the Fantasia ghost riders would be cool every now and again.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Alien ghosts. These ghosts could be something that the Imagineers would create completely on their own. They'd have free range to go wild with this idea.

In my opinion there are many other creatures out in the universe, not just us. These ghosts would resemble some of these creatures we have yet to discover.

...Joe...
    It sounds like something Universal, Knotts, or Six Flags would do during one of their Halloween events.

I simply don't think its a good idea for Space Mountain. Sorry.

It sounds like something Universal, Knotts, or Six Flags would do during one of their Halloween events.

I simply don't think its a good idea for Space Mountain. Sorry.
    I respect your opinion. However, the only thing I can say is that if this idea were to go into motion the Imagineers would have way more money to work with than Universal or Six Flags. It could made to look like a well thought out idea, instead of something that was just thrown together at the last minute.

Again, I respect your opinion.

...Joe...

• Grumpy old man

I like it. Not as much as the Holiday Space Mountain that came up awhile back, but I still like it

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad View Post
    I like it. Not as much as the Holiday Space Mountain that came up awhile back, but I still like it
    Thanks! I'm surprised anybody remembers that! LOL

Btw, where the heck did you come up with your screename for MiceChat? It's quite, um, original!

...Joe...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I respect your opinion. However, the only thing I can say is that if this idea were to go into motion the Imagineers would have way more money to work with than Universal or Six Flags. It could made to look like a well thought out idea, instead of something that was just thrown together at the last minute.

Again, I respect your opinion.

...Joe...

Have you been on Rockin' Space Mountain?

Not only does that overlay look half-baked, but it's obvious that the creative vision was lacking just as bad as the budget for it.

• Grumpy old man

Thanks! I'm surprised anybody remembers that! LOL

Btw, where the heck did you come up with your screename for MiceChat? It's quite, um, original!

...Joe...
    I'll remember it, since it was one of the best ideas ever!!

Brain Toad is a shortening of my old screen name, Brain Squirmin' Like a Toad, taken from a lyric of The Doors song, Riders on the Storm

Have you been on Rockin' Space Mountain?

Not only does that overlay look half-baked, but it's obvious that the creative vision was lacking just as bad as the budget for it.
    Yes, but these are ideas, just that.

And the last time I checked the whole point of Disney was to create ideas that were beyond imagination. This is simply what I'm doing. Trying my best to live up to what I believe Walt would be proud be in...creating something new and fun for the entire family.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad View Post
    I'll remember it, since it was one of the best ideas ever!!

Brain Toad is a shortening of my old screen name, Brain Squirmin' Like a Toad, taken from a lyric of The Doors song, Riders on the Storm
    Quite unique! I love it! I've actually been thinking about changing my name on here to something more Disney. We shall see.

...Joe...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Yes, but these are ideas, just that.

And the last time I checked the whole point of Disney was to create ideas that were beyond imagination. This is simply what I'm doing. Trying my best to live up to what I believe Walt would be proud be in...creating something new and fun for the entire family.
    You said that Disney had the money and creativity to produce something better than Knott's or Universal. I was pointing out that their current overlay of Space Mountain proves that wrong.

Anyway, I still don't see how Halloween makes any sense in an outerspace setting. There may be other lifeforms in space, as you've suggested, but Halloween is a holiday celebrated on Earth, not Saturn.

I commend your armchair Imagineering, however, the idea just seems like it was concieved without any regard to the existing attraction and themes.

You said that Disney had the money and creativity to produce something better than Knott's or Universal. I was pointing out that their current overlay of Space Mountain proves that wrong.

Anyway, I still don't see how Halloween makes any sense in an outerspace setting. There may be other lifeforms in space, as you've suggested, but Halloween is a holiday celebrated on Earth, not Saturn.

I commend your armchair Imagineering, however, the idea just seems like it was concieved without any regard to the existing attraction and themes.
    Actually, they do have the money. They just CHOOSE not to put more money into their attractions than they could. However, with this being MY idea more money would be pumped into this than with Rockin' Space Mountain.

And as for the technicality about Halloween not making sense in space, um...since when does talking fish, man-sized mice, and a shoot 'em out space adventure with a being by the name of Zorg make sense?

When you get right down to it if it's made to look like it makes sense, it will. If it's done half-a**ed, it won't.

...Joe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast