parade of dreams/block party bash auditions!

i just checked the disneyauditions.com website and saw this...

Block Party Bash / Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams
    Disney Entertainment Productions is seeking strong, energetic performers with dancing skills!

Date/Time
    February 11
    Males - 9:00 am
    Females- 12:00 pm

700 W. Ball Rd.
    Anaheim, CA
    • Park in the Team Disney parking structure off Ball Road and Cast Place, and meet at the Security Gate
    • Bring a picture ID to be admitted backstage
    Requirements
    • You must be at least 16 years of age
    • Audition may last a full day
    • Wear non-restrictive clothing; tennis/dance shoes are required
    • Current Disneyland® Resort Cast Members should bring a completed and approved transfer application

it's on FEB 11th and thats like a week and a half away! kind of soon, isnt it? you would think disney would try to get the word out sooner. anyways, just thought i would share that! and i think its kind of funny how POD has like 5 auditions in the last year and BPB has had one.

sooo who's going?! i'm thinking about it...

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: parade of dreams/block party bash auditions!

Quote Originally Posted by premier_rue View Post
    i just checked the disneyauditions.com website and saw this...

Block Party Bash / Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams
    Disney Entertainment Productions is seeking strong, energetic performers with dancing skills!

Date/Time
    February 11
    Males - 9:00 am
    Females- 12:00 pm

700 W. Ball Rd.
    Anaheim, CA
    • Park in the Team Disney parking structure off Ball Road and Cast Place, and meet at the Security Gate
    • Bring a picture ID to be admitted backstage
    Requirements
    • You must be at least 16 years of age
    • Audition may last a full day
    • Wear non-restrictive clothing; tennis/dance shoes are required
    • Current Disneyland® Resort Cast Members should bring a completed and approved transfer application

it's on FEB 11th and thats like a week and a half away! kind of soon, isnt it? you would think disney would try to get the word out sooner. anyways, just thought i would share that! and i think its kind of funny how POD has like 5 auditions in the last year and BPB has had one.

sooo who's going?! i'm thinking about it...
    Thanks for the info.! I'm definately going to tell my friend, Amiée, about this!

...Joe...

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I wonder if the princes are coming back from the superbowl holidays

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

haha I'm such a bad dancer...I should go....what kind of dancing will they make you do?

• Banned User

I went to last year's Block Party auditions and was sorely disappointed but then again I guess I'm not much of a dancer. I wanted to be in it so bad I got my hopes up too much.

Be prepared for INTENSE dance routines, I think you have to do several of them.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Block Party Bash was insane to watch. The energy level paired with the dancing, I'm surprised no one fell over! It was an amazing show!

Depending on who they have running the auditions, it can either be the most fun thing ever or very disappointing.
    Make sure you're HYDRATED and have gotten in shape.

• !

man. i wanna go, and i don't. i'm a quick learner and i can dance. but hm. lol.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by miniLYN View Post
    man. i wanna go, and i don't. i'm a quick learner and i can dance. but hm. lol.
    I say go, I met fun people when I went last year. The audition is like OMG in the intensity of dancing but then if you've seen the parade you can expect that. But it is really hard if you're not a pro at dancing and don't have any experience. My best friend is in it so I know how it goes.

• Shubisha

The first round of dancing auditions I went to really didn't seem that intense to me. I knew I was a bad dancer and I couldn't pull it off too well but the moves were straight forward after practicing for a while and it's pretty much a "you can do them or you can't". The guy who watched us and passed us or not is just watching you trying to picture if you're someone he'd want to see dancing down the street in a Disney parade at that point. The harder dancing and form judging isn't until the later rounds.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by premier_rue View Post
    It's probably a smaller audition just to fill in some empty spots. POD was just recast at the start of this month, so there's probably some openings, but not a whole lot. Block Party Bash was 7 days/week, then went down to 5 days, and now runs 3 days. So their casting needs have decreased, allowing them to fill in their holes with existing performers. But there are always some hard-to-fill spots. So go to the audition, but don't be disappointed if you don't get cast, as they're probably looking for people to fill a few specific spots. Keep trying at other auditions, as then they may be looking for a role that you can better fill.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I say go, I met fun people when I went last year. The audition is like OMG in the intensity of dancing but then if you've seen the parade you can expect that. But it is really hard if you're not a pro at dancing and don't have any experience. My best friend is in it so I know how it goes.
    EagleWings who's your friend and what unit are they in? i know a couple people in the show, too it would be funny if we knew the same people haha.

• Lost in Wonderland

Although the website says the audition is for both Block Party and Parade of Dreams, it will actually be for Block Party only. The fliers that have been posted show it as Block Party only. Apparently Parade of Dreams doesn't have any spots to fill (although the Princes are a different matter)