View Poll Results: How should the Country Bears Return

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brand new show in Grizzly Creek at DCA?

70 58.82%
  • Added to Splash Mountain with the other critters?

6 5.04%
  • New CBJ Dark Ride in either Critter Country or Grizzly Creek

24 20.17%
  • Other

19 15.97%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

How should the Country Bears return?

I have read a few threads about the future of the Country Bears (if there is one) in the Resort and I think that there a few really good options for the AAs to return (or be rebuilt) I personally think that the Country Bears are timeless characters and didn't deserve to get canned in exchange for Pooh. They at least should relocated them.

• Lowering Expectations

Re: How should the Country Bears return?

I can't imagine seeing the Bears in any format other than the classic theatrical presentation. If the AA characters were separated in any way, the cohesiveness of each other's storylines would be lost. So, it's either all or nothin', in my opinion.

If the woodsy Golden State area really makes the transformation from extreme outdoor sports to national park, the Country Bears would fit perfectly.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I agree that it would be cool to see the Country Bears again in some shape or form again. I saw the concept for the go-kart dark ride that would have been cool prior to Pooh moving in, but now I don't think I'd go in that direction.

Maybe they SHOULD add it to the Grizzly Creek area. Too bad the GRR mountain wasn't hollow... they could have had plenty of room for a show building within.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Someone's excited!

The bears on Splash? Interesting! I agree with 2DieFR. It's either all or nothing.

Grizzly Creek would be perfect! Thay should add it in during this placemaking project! Disney are you reading this?
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

• Banned User

Hmmm...the Country Bears returning to the Disneyland Resort via the new Grizzly Creek area in DCA is a very interesting idea.

• Senior Minion

Love the idea of incorporating the CBJ bears with Splash Mountain. There are so many possibilites maybe towards the end with the raccoon with the Harmonica and the Porcupine.
    Maybe right across from the small waterfall after the flume, just dig up the side across from it. Only it won't be the Country Bear songs. Just have the bears playing Zip-a-de-do-da. Probably not the greatest idea to change the song they play, but it would be good to see them out somewhere in Critter Country.
    I like the Grizzly River rapids idea.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

I would LOVE to see them return, but, is really a reality??? If so, YAHOO!
    I'd love to see them in their old home....not likely.

I'm reluctant to see the Country Bear Playhouse characters in D.C.A. for several reasons. The only way that I can visualize the bears working in the new park is if Humphrey the Bear and J. Audubon Woodlore host the show.

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    The only way that I can visualize the bears working in the new park is if Humphrey the Bear and J. Audubon Woodlore host the show.
    I'm impressed that you know the name of the ranger, PI and you know, that idea just might work.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    Love the idea of incorporating the CBJ bears with Splash Mountain. There are so many possibilites maybe towards the end with the raccoon with the Harmonica and the Porcupine.
    Maybe right across from the small waterfall after the flume, just dig up the side across from it. Only it won't be the Country Bear songs. Just have the bears playing Zip-a-de-do-da. Probably not the greatest idea to change the song they play, but it would be good to see them out somewhere in Critter Country.
    I like the Grizzly River rapids idea.

Yeah, I just think that this would be the best possbibility for the AAs that already exist. At least if you put them on Splash, they have a permanent home and won't be dismantled again for spare parts. Because I don't ever see Splash being destroyed as opposed to any other attraction that would feature them. Theatre attractions can only last for so long. Kind of the same story with lower than E-ticket attractions. But we all know that no Mountain will ever be destroyed. Plus, like Tic Toc I can see the Bears fitting in very well in Splash. Most of them in the finale, maybe in one or two in "How do you do" and a few in the Laughing Place.

• Feed the Ducks!

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Hmmm...the Country Bears returning to the Disneyland Resort via the new Grizzly Creek area in DCA is a very interesting idea.
    cough...cough...in the pipeworks...cough...cough

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    I'm impressed that you know the name of the ranger, PI and you know, that idea just might work.
    I'm very much in favor of those two characters becoming the unofficial representatives of the park, itself. They're absolutely ideal. And, a Country Bear Playhouse reincarnation would raise their profile while connecting them more closely to D.C.A.

I still want a replacement for Pooh soon, and I still believe a climate-controlled attraction that guests don't have to wait to enter and that they can spend at least fifteen minutes experiencing is needed near Splash Mountain. But, I would be alright with the Country Bear Playhouse characters losing some of their folksiness in order to support Humphrey and Woodlore in D.C.A.

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    ...raise their profile while connecting them more closely to D.C.A.
    I never would have thought that was possible

...but I guess it could happen!

Having *the bears* return would be awesome, especially if they came over to GRR or had their own show house to entertain!

But having them be a part of Splash Mountain in any way would be a very bad idea. There's already enough critters in that attraction, and filling it more with *the bears* would be an over-kill. Those bears deserve their on spotlight, just like before! So let's hope Disney brings them back!

PLEASE!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

As long as it's not exactly the same as it was before and is better, I'm down with it.

It also needs to have a better connection with audience. I know that a lot of people love the show on this board, but a huge reason why the bears aren't here anymore is because not enough people came out to see the show.

In any case, I find it a travesty that a full AA show is dismantled and replaced by painted flats.

I think a new CBJ-type attraction in DCA would be a great idea, and I hope it happens. That's what the park truly needs...a pull of nostalgia and Audio Animatronics for the wow factor.

Leave Splash Mountain alone. There's only ONE bear in that acttraction and I think it's meant to be that way.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast