Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• /sigh

They should let people ride Segways accross the track. But, what about a rail, you ask? No railings...you better be really good.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• insufferable know-it-all

I liked the old peoplemovers.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

I love the WEDway People Mover. It was part of EPCOT (the future city not the theme park) and still technically a futuristic idea.

Some other people have commented about the white monorail pods in the Incredibles, and how those would be a great design for a new People Mover.

Browsing on the web, I discovered that a company has already developed a People Mover system with similar looking vehicles. take a look.

http://www.skywebexpress.com/images/...ds_5_weblg.jpg

http://www.skywebexpress.com/

Cris

Hey everyone. New to the boards and have enjoyed reading the posts so far. Cool idea Jspider. Here's an idea I had thought of awhile back:

Similar to Jspider's idea, I'd have a host, but this host would be someone similar the Timekeeper from WDW. He's brought back the old school totally retro looking peoplemover only they have been retrofitted with a time machine and the ability to spin 360 at programmed times. Each entrance to a building would simulate some kind of star field time travel, the car would spin (slowly) and would take you back in time (date shown in the vehicle) and showcase old attractions that are now gone. They would take you back and give you a glimpse of what folks enjoyed when they visted the park in different time periods for different buildings. One building could be journey through innerspace, one rocket to the moon, etc, etc.

In my eyes, it not only brings back something people enjoyed as far as the attraction itself, but preserves some Disney history as well.

What do you guys think?

For everyone who has been to Walt Disney World, take a look at there tomorrow land, which was a copy of Disneylands, and the whole place is in full motion. Why did they kill the land by removing all of the old functioning attractions, when its clear to see it is still working in Florida!! give us the WED Way and as suggested at some new effects, and were off and running.
    bring back the SUBS and add a few more fun attractions "PLEASE"

thanks again everyone

and yeah I meant dory not Dorthey or whatever (I'm bad with names )

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie
    For everyone who has been to Walt Disney World, take a look at there tomorrow land, which was a copy of Disneylands, and the whole place is in full motion. Why did they kill the land by removing all of the old functioning attractions, when its clear to see it is still working in Florida!! give us the WED Way and as suggested at some new effects, and were off and running.
    bring back the SUBS and add a few more fun attractions "PLEASE"
    the reason I believe WDW's Tomorrowland works better then ours is because their enhancement built upon the structures that had already been established, the remake there gave the buildings more detail and they gave their Peoplemover (or TTA) more showscenes. Thier remake also allowed them to leave select sections of the land alone and still have it all match thematicaly

our Tomorrowland on the other hand tried to be too radical in the scope of it's change and strayed too far away from the origional intent of the land the attractions and pretty much every other structure that made Tommorrowland what it was

my basic feelings are that if Disney is going to leave the whole literal tomorrow theme behind they need to got o a Scifi theme and not a retro theme (think Star Trek here)

Personally I would like to see Disney redo the track system and add in a Tron Light Cycle attraction to Tomorrowland. They are working on a new Tron movie so why not use that as a tie-in?

I love this idea JSpider. It would prove to be a fairly cost effective addition as there really isn't too much to the scenes you have proposed- it's basically a return or update to the old ppl mover. The carriages would have to be enclosed or caged though - to stop idiots from jumping out & hurting themselves!

Personally, I would love to see a high speed ride with banked turns etc encompassing the whole of Tomorrowland. It could be like R/Rods but with more reliable technology & a bigger budget (ala Test Track, Journey to the centre of the earth)

The beam way has to be practically rebuilt anyway so picture as you enter TL, you are greeted by two higher up curved steel bridges with the cars zipping along them.. Hmm.. sounds like how RR's was originally meant to look?!?!

Perhaps a tie in with Treasure Planet could suit? Whilst Pixar is being added everywhere, it has been a long time since a Disney Classic Animated Film has been modelled as a ride.

Tron Theme sounds cool too

I think they should put Walt's coffin up on the track and let him ride around solo everyday. And put a sign on it that says "Miss me now??"

^LMFAO!!
    NASTY!!! I think you may cop a fair sledging from board members for 'suggesting' that one

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Devil's Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    Some other people have commented about the white monorail pods in the Incredibles, and how those would be a great design for a new People Mover.

Browsing on the web, I discovered that a company has already developed a People Mover system with similar looking vehicles. take a look.

http://www.skywebexpress.com/images/...ds_5_weblg.jpg

http://www.skywebexpress.com/

Cris
    As wonderful and innovative as this is I have to wonder about a few safety issues. What happens during a blackout? These look like they can only go one way around the city. What contingency plan is there for earthquakes or the accidents that are bound to happen due to malfunctions in either the unit's timing or the track sections? It also reminds me a bit of the movie TOTAL RECALL.

For Tomorrowland, it looks like it could work but I'm not holding my breath.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• All? NO, ALL!

I think that there should be a new PeopleMover or TTA because it would make Tomorrowland feel alive again, and it was a fun attraction. On another message boards site, someone pointed out that the point of the new Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters attraction where the PeopleMover track crosses over was not sealed up and left open. I think that a new PeopleMover could even have hidden bonus targets on the side of the vehicle for space cruisers to fire at to rack up more points!

• I like Cheese...

I'd be happy if they would just bring back the people mover and put in some cool effects and themes in the tunnel area.

I mean honestly. The track is there and although it looks like it needs a bit of cleaning up, in the great scheme of things, how much could it cost, really?

Sell a few ODV carts on ebay or something

I want something more ambitious. Use the Peoplemover track in conjunction with the unused second floor of the Starcade and its adjoining outside patio, the entire Innoventions building, and possibly the outdoor area that used to be the Motor Boats. I like many of the previous posters' ideas, but think that the attraction's scope shouldn't be limited just to the Peoplemover track. Use these extra areas for expanded show or ride elements, thus creating the truly original and ambitious e-ticket ride that Tomorrowland desperately needs. Either a slow Peoplemover-like ride or faster Test Track type ride could fit these specs. I know none of this is cost-effective, but I guess I'm a bit of a dreamer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast