Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Scribby
    I want something more ambitious. Use the Peoplemover track in conjunction with the unused second floor of the Starcade and its adjoining outside patio, the entire Innoventions building, and possibly the outdoor area that used to be the Motor Boats. I like many of the previous posters' ideas, but think that the attraction's scope shouldn't be limited just to the Peoplemover track. Use these extra areas for expanded show or ride elements, thus creating the truly original and ambitious e-ticket ride that Tomorrowland desperately needs. Either a slow Peoplemover-like ride or faster Test Track type ride could fit these specs. I know none of this is cost-effective, but I guess I'm a bit of a dreamer.
    Correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe the 2nd floor of the Starcade is too be used after Space Mountain rehab in some way.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Quote Originally Posted by DLI Evan
    I think that there should be a new PeopleMover or TTA because it would make Tomorrowland feel alive again, and it was a fun attraction. On another message boards site, someone pointed out that the point of the new Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters attraction where the PeopleMover track crosses over was not sealed up and left open.
    It wasn't sealed up, but the track was completely removed and the entire area converted into a backstage hallway. Either rerouting the track or ripping out a brand new backstage area to restore the track through the Buzz building would be rather costly, and in the case of the latter, mind-bogglingly stupid (though not unprecedented).
    Ethically reprehensible, yet fiscally sound.

• the subs were cool maan

So pretty much it aint gunna open soon

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Dick
    It wasn't sealed up, but the track was completely removed and the entire area converted into a backstage hallway. Either rerouting the track or ripping out a brand new backstage area to restore the track through the Buzz building would be rather costly, and in the case of the latter, mind-bogglingly stupid (though not unprecedented).

Not preserving the old Peoplemover "right of way" thru the Buzz show building is what I would call "mind-bogglingly stupid". Removing the track probably would not hurt anything since the track may need to change anyway, but the space itself shoud have been preserved.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    Not preserving the old Peoplemover "right of way" thru the Buzz show building is what I would call "mind-bogglingly stupid". Removing the track probably would not hurt anything since the track may need to change anyway, but the space itself shoud have been preserved.
    Agreed... Another consideration: maybe it needs to have a hatch that closes you in, so nobody spits or throws anything or tries to jump out. Isn't that why the skybuckets skyway ski lift ride went away? I like a smooth, fast egg shaped peoplemover like in the photograph posted. Kind of like the pneumatic ride in the POLAR EXPRESS maybe?

• With my wife....

I say either use the track or remove it. If they can't seem to find a way to either resurrect the peoplemover or retrofit it to accomodate a new ride, then take the bloody thing out! Then, at least those of us who have fond memories of riding it won't have to get all bummed when we look at that desolate track!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    I say either use the track or remove it. If they can't seem to find a way to either resurrect the peoplemover or retrofit it to accomodate a new ride, then take the bloody thing out! Then, at least those of us who have fond memories of riding it won't have to get all bummed when we look at that desolate track!
    Agreed!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    They cant remove it now, its been there for too long. All of Tomorrowland would look even worse. That track has potential. Plus what would they do with the "observatron"? It would look weird just sitting there by itself. Wait, it already looks weird. Well I think they out to retro-fit the track and bring back the rocket rods so they can work with Banked Curves, which is what killed the last attempt. Then kill the whole "buzz lightyears anal adventures" thing after the 50th and restore a better queue WITH an improved Circle-Vision

• With my wife....

Oh man, not the Observatron. One more piece of junk I'd like to see them simply remove. Does it even do anything anymore? Granted, I don't spend a lot of time in Tomorrowland these days, but I've not seen it active in a loooong time. It was pretty lame when it worked. Now, it just makes me shudder!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Alright, so this idea is (slightly) from the Tomorrowland E-Ticket Idea:MIssion to Halo, but its different

This ride will take place on the peoplemover track, and riders would ride warthogs thru all of the show buildings as usuall, but in the TRON tunnel, there could be a HALO tunnel of some sort.

I dont really think this idea is as good as the E-Ticket: Mission to Halo, but atleast its something on those tracks other then dust

• /sigh

I think the problem is that the track is so worn and decrepid that they couldn't put a ride back on it for safety issues, even if they wanted to. I'm sure they would have to put some major construction (and major buckaroos) into it do anything unfortunately. Not something they have on their "to-do" list I bet.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Or maybe, you get in the warthog to escape the foreunner city (tomorrowland) and to drive thru the (blowing up) pillar of autumn and have an expanded area where you do that, get off the warthog as it goes back to the station, and you get on the flight simulater, take off halo, blows up, light speed back to earth. This way it would have a "story" to it, something many Disney rides dont have anymore. And you would still see Tomorrowland

THis of course, would happen if/when tomorrowland gets its "revitalization". Hopefully they could make it somewhat like how it was before. Tomorrowland could be the forerunner city, and you had to escape from it. I'm not sure how you could explain the star tours area, but it could probably be done

• OM NOM NOM

Wow... Halo Ideas. Yeah, that's weird. I don't know about you, but unless I am shredding flood and covenant alike with my Shotgun + Sword combo, I'll pass.

About the structural cracks: bad stuff, they are. When a freeway overpass was completed near my house, they found it to have several structural cracks, and it stayed closed for a rebuild. THAT WAS SIX YEARS AGO!!! Obviously the chance of Peoplemovers coming back within this decade are slim to nil. Oh well. I miss that thing, even if it did cause me to lose my mickey ears when I was five. But I must stay focused: up with the Peoplemovers!!
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

that TTA ride could be a good idea now we just have to think were will the entrance since buzz lightyear astro blasters queue is at the former rocket rods queue maybe the can have the queue for it where the Starjets was and the could use the elevator or was that stairs not to sure

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast