Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Banned User

TTA is the most logical choice

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    I think the idea is great, but I'd want to ditch the whole Tom Morrow thing... it reminds me too much of hideous Innoventions. I mean, if we want to grate on peoples' nerves, why not have the attraction narrated by Uncle Eisner?
    Why not get the Professor Duck- from all those animated films to narate your way through Tommorrowland. He could expand upon other less known facts about Tommorrowland, for example most of the plants along Autopia are edible in some form or fashion. It was choosen to provide new ideas on planting amoung urban areas for the benifit of future development.

You could add other features all through-out Tommorrowland, such as solar panels (like the DCA entrance) or wind-powered generators and the Professor Duck could explain the benifits of new technology that is pushing us forward.

...just a thought

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_D
    I love this idea JSpider. It would prove to be a fairly cost effective addition as there really isn't too much to the scenes you have proposed- it's basically a return or update to the old ppl mover. The carriages would have to be enclosed or caged though - to stop idiots from jumping out & hurting themselves!

Personally, I would love to see a high speed ride with banked turns etc encompassing the whole of Tomorrowland. It could be like R/Rods but with more reliable technology & a bigger budget (ala Test Track, Journey to the centre of the earth)

The beam way has to be practically rebuilt anyway so picture as you enter TL, you are greeted by two higher up curved steel bridges with the cars zipping along them.. Hmm.. sounds like how RR's was originally meant to look?!?!

Perhaps a tie in with Treasure Planet could suit? Whilst Pixar is being added everywhere, it has been a long time since a Disney Classic Animated Film has been modelled as a ride.

Tron Theme sounds cool too
    Thats because Disney Classic Animated films (except Lilo and Stich and Emperor's Groove) have failed to capitalize in the major markets as well as Pixar has. Disney Classics need to re-evaluate the projects they have choosen, despite the fact that I did really enjoy Treasure Planet.

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

What if the TLT stage was moved atop of HISTA. The second level of the Starcade used for SM queue. There is more than double the space for a dance floor and stage up there, the escalators in the starcade could be used for SM, and the walking ramps could be used for Redds customers to eat up by the stage. I've heard mention of lasers for the fireworks from Tomorrowland. Those could tie into a good new band up there not to mention the big spot lights.

By moving the stage up top there you're not drowning out SM with another attraction in front of it. There are how many 3D shows in DCA? Tomorrowland doesn't need one. Furthermore, below the stage at TLT is basement, dressing rooms, elevator controls and stuch for the stage. Remodel that to a queue for PM 2.0

Granted the second floor of the Starcade could be used as a loading station for the PM, however in doing the long path down from the entrance of Tomorrowland to the PM (existing) station wouldn't be necessary. The Tomorrowland hub in essance would be gone and a huge open space would be left. An empty space that very little could fill it due to space constraints for a queue. I personally don't want an unabstructed view of Innoventions.

Theoretically, if you moved the PM Station to the starcade, you could build a gantry and bridge from Innoventions over to the existing platform and place the rockets again atop of the platform. Place the queue in front of Innoventions.

Convert HISTA into an exclusive restaurant like Buyou but space themed..or a NOS'esk space port city with shops and something similar to what was the Lunching Pad before it became Disneyradio. Rid of the StarTours shop.

Whatever the case, the PM platform needs to stay with some sort of funtion. Even possibly reshaped. I wouldn't be opposed for walkways over head from the Starcade area to the PM Platform.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

• Minion

Okay, here's an important consideration... can anyone who's been on Buzz tell what became of the PM track that went through there?
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Okay, here's an important consideration... can anyone who's been on Buzz tell what became of the PM track that went through there?
    I'll tell you Friday if you can wait that long, I just got offered a ticket to Buzz with my friend who still works there. I'll try and snag my friend's digi cam and take pics of People Mover tracks, pillons, and what not and start or add to this thread over the weekend with visual evidence of the current state and condition of the beloved People Movers.

Maybe we can start a contest for all our photoshop savy friends out there to create visuals for what they would like to see with Tommorrowland and specifically the People Movers.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I'll tell you Friday if you can wait that long, I just got offered a ticket to Buzz with my friend who still works there. I'll try and snag my friend's digi cam and take pics of People Mover tracks, pillons, and what not and start or add to this thread over the weekend with visual evidence of the current state and condition of the beloved People Movers.

Maybe we can start a contest for all our photoshop savy friends out there to create visuals for what they would like to see with Tommorrowland and specifically the People Movers.

I might beat you to it, but I think you've got a good idea there. Doesn't even need to be Photoshopped, really. A decent drawing would work. But a picture is worth a thousand words, and some concepts are kind of convoluted if you don't have a visual reference.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• șoș Tom șoș

No pics-sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    I might beat you to it, but I think you've got a good idea there. Doesn't even need to be Photoshopped, really. A decent drawing would work. But a picture is worth a thousand words, and some concepts are kind of convoluted if you don't have a visual reference.
    In my rush to ditch work and run up to Anaheim I forgot my camera but my friend and I walked the length of the track and noted consederable more damage than we previously thought. I will be back soon enough but if someone who is going up there could pic up a few new shots of the track and damage and post it on this thread or another that would be swell.

After riding Astro Blasters yesterday, I am in favor of a more interactive dark ride type attraction on this track. Buzz is really awesome.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234