Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Devils Advocate for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

I am in no way trying to put down Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage but i want to know why everyone thinks this new ride is gonna be the E-Ticket (3 hour wait) thats going to enthrall audiences for decades like the other E-Tickets?

So you're sitting in a boat looking at audio animatronics and then you see an underwater volcano and the sub shakes and then your back at the loading dock. To me this just seems like a fantasyland dark ride with some effects. Just because its in water does this make it an E-Ticket. I mean how will this ever compare to the other great E-Tickets reserved for thrill, such as Splash, Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones.....I hope the E-Ticket term isn't getting tossed around lightly.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: Devils Advocate for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfreak46 View Post
    To me this just seems like a fantasyland dark ride with some effects.
    Holy crap! We all know how much of a failure those attractions were!
    -Monorail Man

Yes they are great rides but i wouldnt put them in the e-ticket class.

and i probably would not stand in a 3 hour line for them....again i havent been on the new subs so i'm not attacking it i am just as excited as any to see the subs return.

• Special Agent

Do more with less.

Finding Nemo won't be anywhere near as good as Indy or Thunder Mountain or even some of the DCA E tickets.

But it will probably be the most popular ride to open at Disneyland in 10 years. And in that it will be a huge success.

• Fastest Man Alive

I am in no way trying to put down Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage but i want to know why everyone thinks this new ride is gonna be the E-Ticket (3 hour wait) thats going to enthrall audiences for decades like the other E-Tickets?

So you're sitting in a boat looking at audio animatronics and then you see an underwater volcano and the sub shakes and then your back at the loading dock. To me this just seems like a fantasyland dark ride with some effects. Just because its in water does this make it an E-Ticket. I mean how will this ever compare to the other great E-Tickets reserved for thrill, such as Splash, Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones.....I hope the E-Ticket term isn't getting tossed around lightly.
    I wonder about this too. But we should also be wary of attaching an E-Ticket designation to an attraction simply because it is thrill ride. One should also not forget Haunted Mansion and POTC. The scale and theming of the subs are going to be what designates it as an E-Ticket.

The wait times the annual-passport phenomenon causes at new attractions are dangerous for Disney because guests will be standing in line for a very long time and their expectations will be shaped by that investment of time and discomfort.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Do more with less.

Finding Nemo won't be anywhere near as good as Indy or Thunder Mountain or even some of the DCA E tickets.

But it will probably be the most popular ride to open at Disneyland in 10 years. And in that it will be a huge success.
    I agree. The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage might not be as good as it's being hyped up to be, or as good as other E-Tickets around the Resort.... but...

To the OP - the Subs have always been regarded as an E-Ticket attraction, and ultimately they still are. It's the biggest attraction to be Imagineered and built (or in this case - re-Imagineered and re-built) at Disneyland since Indiana Jones Adventure.

Also, the Submarine Voyage is a huge fan favorite and for that reason alone, it will see immense lines this Summer and will probably retain it's classic and E-Ticket status.

Also, the new projection technology, completely new storyline, new special effects are supposed to make it quite the impressive experience.

• Banned User

I sure as hell am not waiting in line for 3 hours to ride it. I'll probably go on a weekday in the Fall after it opens. Summer is blocked out anyway and it might be delayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    The wait times the annual-passport phenomenon causes at new attractions are dangerous for Disney because guests will be standing in line for a very long time and their expectations will be shaped by that investment of time and discomfort.
    I'm pretty sure the low-capcity of the subs coupled with fastpass will do more to affect the wait time than annual passholders.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I'm pretty sure the low-capcity of the subs coupled with fastpass will do more to affect the wait time than annual passholders.
    From what I understood (and from the way that the queue is layed out now), there will be no Fastpass.
    -Monorail Man

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

Also, the Submarine Voyage is a huge fan favorite and for that reason alone, it will see immense lines this Summer and will probably retain it's classic and E-Ticket status.

Also, the new projection technology, completely new storyline, new special effects are supposed to make it quite the impressive experience.
    I agree it has a huge fan base. It could have become like Florida with the cement filling in the Lagoon. One of the major events on Save Disney.com was to save this attraction. I remember sending emails and I believe there was a petition as well. So it's great that it will be back. And it will be unique from Florida's version.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 02-05-2007 at 02:57 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Knight that says Nee!!

You have described the old sub ride. Based on what I have read about this ride it will have the latest in animatronic technology, hologram technology, and projection features. You make it seem like they repainted the old ride, filled it back up with water and put Nemo's name on it. From what I have read on this site as well as others, it is far more than that.

I am not saying it is an "E-ticket" ride, and really I haven't heard others refer to it as such. Perhaps you are confusing excitement and anticipation for the return of a "suped up" version of a DL park classic with "E-Ticket" mania. You are indeed right, it will be like a dark ride, but "under" water, but that is how the sub ride ALWAYS was. It will, however, be more than a few audio animatronic figures and a volcano.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I don't see how the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage would not be cosnidered an E-Ticket. The E-Ticket designation is for the most immersive and unique attractions at the park. Titanfreak46, did you ever ride the Submarine Voyage?

i want to know why everyone thinks this new ride is gonna be the E-Ticket (3 hour wait) thats going to enthrall audiences for decades like the other E-Tickets?
    How many children have been in a submarine ? Don't you think most kids would be intrigued by riding a realistic submarine? They would recognize the fish characters outside of the vessel !

Disneyland, IMHO, is about the kids first and the adults second. The submarine voyage attraction is going to be a huge hit with the children, as it should be.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Nothing to do with the revamped version, but...

I rode the old subs shortly before they were closed and left to rot. The only memories I have of them were looking at the wall of a swimming pool with a few "cardboard cutouts" in front. The only other memory I have is the short lived "hey we're underwater" realisation. I don't remember the show building at all. Normally I have a vivid memory of most rides from the mid 90s, but it didn't leave a big impression on me.

Small World DID! lol
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast