Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End premiere to be held at Disneyland - May

Quote Originally Posted by dchun2007 View Post
    What´s interesting is that my high school senior prom is at the Disneyland Hotel the same night of the Pirates 3 Premier!
    That's probably the real reason for the special hours on the schedule.
    Don't be alarmed if someone yells, "Who are you wearing?" as you enter the automatic doors past the stacks of luggage. Have a great time!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

Re: PIRATES 3 Premiere may 19 2007

Maybe for a Year of a Million Dreams prize a group of guests could be asked to stay for the movie? I doubt it.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: PIRATES 3 Premiere may 19 2007

The Night of A Million Publicists won't allow it.

Pirates III premiere: How will it work?

I have a question about the Pirates III movie premiere that is rumored to be going down on May 19, 2007.

For those that experienced this event at DL the first two times around: What are the "nuts and bolts" of being part of the red carpet star gazing. I understand DL will open at 6:30am and close at 5pm. When do the celebrities show up, where do you wait if you wanna see them?

I have read this report on another discussion board to get my preliminary information:
    http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070205xx

He is the excerpt:
    Pirates returns to Disneyland

It seems certain that the premiere of the third Pirates movie, Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At Worlds End, will be held at Disneyland on Saturday, May 19, 2007. According to a notice posted on the Disneyland Web site, Disneyland will open at 6:30 a.m. that day, and close early at 5:00 p.m. Disney's California Adventure will operate on an extended schedule, opening at 10:00 a.m. and closing at 11:00 p.m.

Based on the two prior events, the premiere is expected to impact several areas of the park. Much of Main Street will be blocked by the red carpet and related equipment. This will likely mean that that Parade of Dreams will not be presented, and that guided tours will either be modified or not offered at all that day. With the park closing so early, there will be no performance of the Remember, Dreams Come True fireworks. Adventureland, Critter Country, Frontierland and New Orleans Square will likely close around 3:00pm to allow staff to begin setting up for the pre-movie dinner.

The stage and screen for the premiere will be constructed on Tom Sawyer Island, which is already scheduled to be closed for refurbishment. Fantasmic! is also scheduled to go dark during the Tom Sawyer Island renovation. The Rivers of America waterfront area will be covered by the large risers needed to hold the audience, and the walkways through the area will be tight. The construction of the risers takes several weeks, so expect to see some activity during the week leading up to the event.

If you are planning to visit Disneyland solely to watch the red carpet arrivals, be prepared for a long, hot day. Many like-minded fans will arrive right at park opening to stake out the best spots along the carpet. If star gazing isn't your cup of tea, you can take advantage of the light crowds in Fantasyland, Toontown and Tomorrowland. These three lands actually remained open until around 8:00 p.m. during the last event, and several readers reported that the major rides had almost no wait.
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.

• For You!

Re: Pirates III premiere: How will it work?

Bring plenty of food, water and things to do. We got lucky last year and didn't wait at all and still got to stand at the rope. (or behind 1 row of a couple of 13 year old girls).

Biggest thing, don't have any major expectations - you may get autographs, you may not.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Minion

I guess there will be no premiere in the harbor this year???

We went last year and the red carpet was very long. We got there at about 1100am and there was a lot of people. Main street is where most of the press will be, right along the emporium side. To get a good view I suggest get somewhere near the train station. To see the main actors from the movie it is best to be at the beginning of the red carpet and then you could see them early. I know last year Sparrow (Depp) was very last and it was about 8:30pm that you saw him making his way down main street. Also if you get there early they will throw out prizes (soundtracks and shirts) to the crowd. The only AP allowed in on that day is PAP. ALL CM's are blocked on that day. So the only way in is if you buy a ticket or you have a PAP. GOOD LUCK.

By the way they do close the gates early but no one will be asked to leave until the premiere starts. Last year it started Late so I remember leaving DL at about 9:10pm. After the premiere you might be able to see the fireworks which didn't go off until well after midnight. The DLR was fined by the city due to the fireworks going off after midnight. SO they might make changes this year.
    Jason

• Infinitized!

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End premiere to be held at Disneyland - May

Ah rats. Looks like I'm going to be back here in BC on the 19th so I guess all I'll see is a bunch of bleachers getting set up on the banks of the river.

• Disneyfanatic, CM

Last time we got there at 6am and got to meet Johnny Depp. This year...I'm graduating from college on MAY 19!!!! Hooray! Too bad they had to be the same day, but both are exciting and at least I got to do it once. Besides, they'll probably block out the CMs and I couldnt' get in anyway. (Last year I had a P-AP). Wow, life changes sooo much between POTC movies. :P

Disney-lover, Dick Van Dyke Fan, Cast Member, Belle Wannabee,

• my two sunshines

We were going to make the trip to DL for this BUT my daughter is graduating high school - she said she can skip the walk, no big deal cause she wants to go to the premiere but I told her no - she'll walk and we'll watch the webcasts - graduating high school is one time - a movie premiere happens all the time - granted it's not Pirates but we've survived this long without going to one, we'll survive again

Tho the premiere for Harry Potter is in July - we might go to that one, wherever it may be - east coast or west coast - can't make the London one <sigh> life is so limited LOL

• Lilo :D

OOOh man I'm soo excited for this! I'm planning on going...somehow, since I'm hearing that AP's don't work, and only the PAP would be good. I'm going to get an AP soon, but most likely only one of the cheaper ones. Maybe I'll just pay to the extra $money$ for that blackout day.

I've always wanted to go to the PotC premiere, since I didn't know about the first premiere and the 2nd one I was in Vegas.

Smile Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End premiere to be held at Disneyland - May

who's the private party are they touring the pirate island?Apil 22,2007 I think I heard that bit of info!Like closing for film crews with Johnny ridding pirates!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 02-28-2007 at 12:46 PM.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Redsix View Post
    By the way they do close the gates early but no one will be asked to leave until the premiere starts. Last year it started Late so I remember leaving DL at about 9:10pm. After the premiere you might be able to see the fireworks which didn't go off until well after midnight. The DLR was fined by the city due to the fireworks going off after midnight. SO they might make changes this year.
    I have a couple friends who live across the street from the resort and if I was wakened after midnight by the DL fireworks, I would have been P*****!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    who's the private party are they touring the pirate island?Apil 22,2007 I think I heard that bit of info!Like closing for film crews with Johnny ridding pirates!
    The April 22nd thing is for Travel Agents. Has nothing to do with the movie or the premiere...

• Do you believe in magic?

So does anyone know when the stars actually start arriving? Like around what time? Is it in the morning or some time during the afternoon?
    Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse!

• Banned User

I won't be going, I'll be in the midwest filming my movie.. aww.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast