Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Lowering Expectations

1/25 and 2/1: Lots of General/Update Pics, DL Entrance Walls, & a few Night Shots

I actually have a few pics I took from 1/25 that I never ended up sharing, so first I'll quickly show you some things I'm sure 99% of you have already seen anyway.

January 25, 2007

This brochure, handed out at the M&F parking structure, provides some much-needed explanation as to what this Million Dreams campaign is all about. I thought it does a pretty good job of it, certainly more than silly string or fiberglass swans and petals do. *sigh*

I didn't get one tonight however. Hmm.

Welcome to Downtown Wonderland.

I just really liked this shot, completely clear of guests.

Gephetto and Pinocchio out early close to Alice's attraction.

You are now entering the SuperSpeed Storage Tunnel of Tomorrow.

The TomorrowLanding sign finally got 'fixed.' Before, a ball was missing off the top left. Now, there are slightly smaller, transparent balls in the middle.

It looks a little funny, and it's even more apparent at night, because the middle balls don't light up as much as the others.

Random "I don't want to ride Rockin' again and I'm bored" shot.

And for those of you with short-term memory loss, random "I don't want to ride Rockin' again and I'm bored" shot.

This area, to the right of the HISTA sign, needs some TLC.

One thing I have to say here is that for whatever reason the crowds were especially rowdy on the following Friday, 1/26. Both ways on the tram, it had to come to a stop in the middle of the route and CM had to tell guests to knock it off. At least a dozen kids, more than a few 12 or older, were running up the sides of Space Mountain's center planters, and walking through the plants, and hanging off the sides, in full view of everyone in the outside queue - clearly the parent's atrocious lack of control. The Big Thunder train I was in had to stop while pulling out of the station because someone was reaching out from the gates. And on Pirates, the guy in front of me had his whole hand in the water for extended lengths of time, including just after the second drop. Real smart, yeah.

Ok, let's get back to today...

February 1, 2007

I took this shot because this lamppost, close to the tram route, is missing its Mickey adornment - and just then a million DreamBirds(R) took flight.

The center-left turnstiles to DL are now hidden behind walls.

Um, what is that, and what is it doing on the roof?

A peek even further finds that the petals up above are wrapped up while whatever is going on, goes on.

And in the meantime, the railing is getting prepped for a fresh coat of paint.

See? Sanded-ness. Ooh, aah.

I like the right side of this shot more than the left, don't you?

Because we can't walk through walls.

I like the top part of this shot more than the bottom, don't you?

Isn't this the cutest shot ever? I love taking my sister to Disneyland on weekday evenings.

The flag lowering ceremony.

In the planter where the Christmas tree was, some new bulbs are budding.

A look down Main Street.

New flower baskets, overflowing with pansies, hang from the lampposts.

Vibrant color!

New banners to match the Dream color scheme.

A peek through the crack shows... dismantled scaffolding stuff. Fascinating!

I want to say that pole thing is used in R...DCT to hold up the pinwheels, but I don't think that's it.

Though I can't think what else it could be.

...Fishing rod?

Cast off thy gold, dear brethren, and feast upon this cream.

Dumbo is back open for business...has this handicap chain always been there?

It's as good as ever.

I wanted to see the colored dots on the pointy thingys coming up from that stripedy box.

And for you Laker fans out there, the Storybook Land flowers. So pretty! I had to take some steps back and it still doesn't fit in the frame entirely!

Here too, railings are being repainted.

See, they do care. Last week I saw the railings at the DTD tram station were getting TLC as well.

Yay, the west side of the Matterhorn is running again!

My deepest sympathies for you, Marlin. The entire length of the sub wall is scratched, chipped, and patched in places. Evidently many many people want those walls to come down.

Farley the Fiddler taught us how to lasso. He's such an awesome guy. Farley happens to be a member of my church, and he lives nearby.

Ok, how can you not love this shot? It gives me chills. Use it as your desktop if you want to get eaten.

It's impossible to tell, but there's absolutely no one in there. Spooky.

I like this shot because I got the full moon in too. This area was a total graveyard; in fact, Toontown totally creeped me out! It's dark, completely no one is around, and all of these buildings and books and furniture with eyes, laughing, and stuff. Minnie's house alone will give me nightmares, let alone Roger Rabbit. *shudder*

Dumbo came to our rescue just in time, and brought us back into a much more comforting land.

And on that note, it's time to bring this double trip report to a close.

Thanks for looking, good night!
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 02-01-2007 at 10:55 PM.

• Feeling LOVED

Re: 1/25 and 2/1: Lots of General/Update Pics, DL Entrance Walls, & a few Night Shots

this picture is sooooo cute!!!
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Re: 1/25 and 2/1: Lots of General/Update Pics, DL Entrance Walls, & a few Night Shots

The flower bowls look much better than the "salad" bowls they had for the 50th and looks better than the mini flags that parts of the WDW parks got.

Great update!!!!!!!!
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• We wants the Redhead

Looks like you guys had a blast. Love the pictures...
    Janet
    John 3:16

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

great photo and thak you post them
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• e komo mai

Cool photos.
    I'm glad they fixed the Tomorrowlanding lights.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post

[LEFT]

I took this shot because this lamppost, close to the tram route, is missing its Mickey adornment - and just then a million DreamBirds[SIZE=1](R)[SIZE=2] took flight.

that's just creepy!!!

other than that, great pics and thanks for sharing with us!
    kingdom hearts <3er

• California Golden Bear

I never noticed this before, but look how visable the FL Theatre is from Main Street. From this shot it looks nearly as tall as SBC. Maybe this is just the angle from which this picture was taken, or has something changed? Did there used to be more trees that blocked the view of FLT from MS or was I always to caught up in the magic that I never noticed it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    I

"Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

• Banned User

Has there always been that much maintenence done while the park is open? Leaving up brown railings to let paint dry seems like bad show. Don't they do this stuff when the park is closed or is that era pretty much over?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Nice update. Those DreamBirds are furiously swarming because Disney took all the DreamClouds from the DreamSky and put them in all the ads for Dreamsyland and Walt Dreamy World. And they put some of the DreamClouds in the DreamParks, too.

And boy, that's a lot of Dreamin'!

I think at this point, I'd rather just be awake!
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 02-02-2007 at 01:40 AM.

• Senior Minion

Looks like something out of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds!

Love the pictures of the plants and the colors. Thanks for the update.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I set that haunted mansion pic as my background! its awesome. great pics!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Great trip report and wonderful pictures, especially of the flowers.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for the great shots!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Great pictures!!! Wonder what they are doing to the turnstiles? Regular tune up and painting? That piece of equipment on the roof looks familiar, but I can't think of what it might be. When I was a kid my dad had a battery charger that looked like that. Um...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast