• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Ghost Island - What If?

Ok. All this talk about haunted areas of the park and the pirates overtaking NOS and the park got me to thinking.

What if the Haunted Mansion movie with Eddie Muphy was just as popular, if not more so, than the Pirates of the Carribean movie? Do you think they would have an Eddie Murphy AA in the HM? Would they have HM movie characters roaming around NOS and the park? Would they transform or overlay TSI with a ghost/Haunted Mansion theme? If so, do you think this would be a good idea or not?

I really don't have a strong opinion. I don't think it would be a good idea, but I am not too thrilled about all the pirate stuff going on either.

• Comin' at ya!

Re: Ghost Island - What If?

I highly doubt it...but who knows. I just can't see it, because it wasn't a good movie so it's hard to visualize it.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Since the "Haunted Mansion" movie used the ride as its foundation, I don't think it's a fair comparison to the POTC movie, which didn't use the ride as its touchstone.
    That being said, I do appreciate the question, and it's an interesting one. How about the "Country Bears" Movie? Would they still be around, were it a popular motion picture?
    As far as the HM goes, I'd like to believe there would be enough common sense used to override the impulse to put an Eddie Murphy AA in...but...

Why not? What's so wrong with an Eddie Murphey AA replacing the Caretaker? That would be the logical thing to do in that case. Anywhere else would be just lame. If they were to change anything I would hope they just update the look of the ghosts to match the characters look from the movie. I don't want an EM but that's the most realistic if it were to happen.

The movie wasn't great but it was still pretty cool. They did a good job making a storyline using what's available. They sets were AMAZING and the make up was done by Rick Baker. THE BEST MONSTER EFFECTS ARTIST IN THE INDUSTRY. Take a look at the movie's special features and spend sometime looking at the makeups for the ghosts. It's really cool. I like the changes he made to the classic characters. You see almost every ghost on the ride throught the movie. It was really impressive. You wouldn't really appreciate the sets, gags, and characters unless you're a big fan of all the HM rides in all the Disney Parks. The beautiful Lousiana mansion created for the movie incorporates all the HM's throughout the world. Beautiful, and it was only built in a parkinglot. It included a surounding swamp, front gate, 2/3 of the mansion's exterior only leaving the roof out for the CGI shots.
    I just would have loved to see more of the party at the begining and him hanging himself. I had the chills when I saw it in theaters. I laughed and at one or two times it scared me. My wife and I even dressed up for the premier.

I would love to see the Hitchhiking Ghosts walking around the park or the island in the case of this thread.
    Last edited by jawnjarvis; 02-02-2007 at 01:27 PM.

• Future Cast Member

Mindless rambling ahead: Not trying to be negative here, but I don't think adding an Eddie Murphy AA in the HM would be a good idea... I love the movie, personally, but I think having the movie characters in there would ruin the ride for me and, possibly, others.

However, if they did, where would they put him? It's a bit tight in there, isn't it? (If I'm wrong, totally ignore this, please! I haven't been on it since 2004, and it was during the Holiday overlay.) Speaking of the Holiday overlay...what would they do with the Eddie AA during that? O_o
    {Pirate lass at heart}
    I helped "sink" MiceChat on May 19, 2007!
    "What is it with Mr. Disney and vultures?"
    "They're global!"
    "No, Dad, that's Mickey..."

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by jawnjarvis View Post
    Why not? What's so wrong with an Eddie Murphey AA replacing the Caretaker? That would be the logical thing to do in that case. Anywhere else would be just lame.
    Ack! Sorry, I posted before I saw this... ^^; Answered one of my questions, though!
    {Pirate lass at heart}
    I helped "sink" MiceChat on May 19, 2007!
    "What is it with Mr. Disney and vultures?"
    "They're global!"
    "No, Dad, that's Mickey..."

•   

Just imagine his laugh coming out of nowhere through the trees, the caves, etc.
    That's scary enough to where I wouldn't go on that island.........

"SIGN THIS"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH... what was that?

• Comin' at ya!

I think an AA of him would be pretty annoying...I mean it was more of a childrens comedy rather than pirates which as an action adventure movie with humor on the side...In my opinion at least.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude