Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• All you need is LOVE

Anyone else in a Whelchair who goes to the park??

Just wondering if anyone else is in a wheelchair that goes to the park??? Thanks

• Hooterville, USA

Last winter I was experiencing severe back problems and decided to use a wheelchair at DL. I couldn't believe how rude people were to me. I feel sorry for anyone who is wheelchair bound. I don't know what I expected, but it certainly wasn't what I got.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    My mom uses an ECV whenever she goes (not too often though - only once or twice a year, since she doesn't live here). She's got severe arthritis, so it really helps her to enjoy the park again.

• Sock Puppet

One time I got in one of those electronic wheel chairs and drove it around near the main entrance making strange sounds and gestures, it was really funny, does that count?! There were some middle eastern guests that were very confused by my actions. I have pictures!

• Banned User

This topic seems familiar... Oh that's right!

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.p...ght=wheelchair

Wait a minute! This topic was started by the same person who... I guess it's been almost three months since the previous discussion ended. Things might have changed.

• That's Hawt

^Well That's Kind of Rude ...
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Videographer

Quote Originally Posted by Socapex

Wait a minute! This topic was started by the same person who... I guess it's been almost three months since the previous discussion ended. Things might have changed.
    OK, so she inquired 3 months ago - so what. People come and go from this board quite often and there is nothing wrong with bringing this back up. It's not like Crazy Legs brings this up weekly or monthly.

RU

• Minion

As a stage tech myself, you give real socapex a bad name with that post. (:P)

• Playtester

If Bryan had his way, he would steal the neighbors chair and go racing around with you at the park. He is always chasing her down and trying to climb into her lap and drive her around.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Last winter I was experiencing severe back problems and decided to use a wheelchair at DL. I couldn't believe how rude people were to me. I feel sorry for anyone who is wheelchair bound. I don't know what I expected, but it certainly wasn't what I got.
    My dad had MS and was often Wheelchair Bound when we went anywhere. I would like to Point out though, He would NEVER Wanted anyone to 'Feel Sorry' for him. I know you didnt mean it exactly the way it came out, But he felt, as do I, that those with differences should be respected for them, not felt sorry for them. He passed away in '87 of cancer of all things after suffering from MS for 25 years. I Miss him...
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Extremely Junior Member

My wife has to use a wheelchair whenever we go, since her eyes can close and stay shut, without warning. It can be a little hard to guide someone through those crowds. We have been on very crowded days, and the only thing I have had to have more of is patience.

There has been plenty of discussion on this board about people just stopping right in front of you for no apparent reason and I'm not trying to get it going again. But, it's very nervewracking to stop a quickly moving wheel chair before running someone down who's just stopped in front of you.

But, overall it wasn't too bad. And most people were tolerant. No bad behavior was shown to us because of the wheelchair.

We don't live in SoCal so we only go 1 or 2 times per year. I bet it must be "interesting" to have to deal with it on a regular basis.
    That's Mr. Modo to You!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    My dad had MS and was often Wheelchair Bound when we went anywhere. I would like to Point out though, He would NEVER Wanted anyone to 'Feel Sorry' for him. I know you didnt mean it exactly the way it came out, But he felt, as do I, that those with differences should be respected for them, not felt sorry for them. He passed away in '87 of cancer of all things after suffering from MS for 25 years. I Miss him...
    I don't feel sorry that people use wheelchairs, but the rudeness that I was shown by people in the park. I didn't expect special help, just courtesy that we are able to extend to each other.

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks everyone.I dont know why People are rude to me I am just asking a question and also seeing so if there is someone else in a wheelchair we can meet them and be friendly to them and or help them in going to the park..I was so scared to meet everyone. I want to help someone else If I can. Everyone who I have meet has been a great help I thnank you all for that.

Thanks for all the posts back.You guys are the best......

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Socapex

What's your problem? This isn't a place to "hate" on others. Please keep it in the spirit of happiness, not verbal attacks.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasi
    But, it's very nervewracking to stop a quickly moving wheel chair before running someone down who's just stopped in front of you.
    There's an easy solution for that - borrow one of the cow-catchers from a DLRR locomotive. :devil:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast