Southern California ID required?

We live in Northern California, but we have relatives in Southern California so I've been looking at the SoCal ticket deals.

If our relatives buy tickets for us (like the 2fer or the 2-day hopper), do they ask for an ID at the gate?

If our relatives come with us, would they want to see just one ID for the group or IDs for everyone?

• Banned User

Re: Southern California ID required?

Yes. You must have your ID and show them where you are from or show them your zip code.

• We wants the Redhead

I read in another thread that the person holding the tickets needs to have a Southern CA ID. That said, my SIL's SIL gets southern CA AP's and orders them online. She enters her Grandfathers address and never has a problem. She has had So CA AP's the last 3 years.
    Janet
    John 3:16

Hmmm, these answers contradict what I've read elsewhere. I've read that if you order the tickets online and send them to a SoCal address, they don't check ID at the gate. Have they changed procedures at the gate?

• Banned User

Once you have the tickets, you DO NOT need an ID to show at the turnstiles. You need an ID to buy them. (from my Personal experiences)

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The RULES clearly state that you NEED a SoCal ID to USE the current "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" ticket (aka the 2fer) or the discounted 2 day ParkHopper. And yes, most CM's do not check at the turnstiles. But they do have the right to check... do you want to risk it???
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• A Pirate's life for me!

Some time back we had two relatives with us that didn't have AP's (we do). DL was running a promo for SoCal residents. A friend of ours (SoCal resident) purchased two passes that were on special for our relatives.

They were used each day and were never asked by an entry gate CM for ID.

As far as being asked for ID, there have been times that we have entered the Park with just our AP's and some cash in my pocket. If a CM was to ask for ID (other than my AP), I wouldn't be able to produce any. What would they do? Not let me in the Park? Sure, I would agree that they have the right to refuse entry to anyone, but would they?

They heve never even asked for ID when we have purchased a block-out ticket. During one of our Thanksgiving trips, I purchased a blockout ticket for my son (mine is a PAP) and we entered in the morning. Later in the day, he wasn't feeling too well, so one of my other kids went back in with me. We just showed the CM their AP and the blockout ticket and we walked right in. I would have bought another one, but since they let him in, I figured that they weren't too worried about it...

Good luck!
    Last edited by PirateMickey; 02-03-2007 at 07:14 PM.

• my two sunshines

When I went to the meet all I did was go to the window and say one ticket for Disneyland - I got the 2fer - and my license says Maryland - CM didn't ask for my license - maybe it depends on which window you go to OR when I handed her my credit card, I still have my California bank and she saw that and assumed. Either way I didn't have to prove if I lived in So. Cal or not.

• Banned User

I cannot say what happens, but, my daughter lived in L.A. for 4 months. We bought her a So. Cal. AP and they NEVER checked I.D. for her when she went to get her photo taken for it. Didn't even ASK for it!!!