Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Do You Ever See Things At Disneyland That You Feel Shouldn't Be There? Ruin The Theme

When I was at DL in November, I saw a Pier One Imports box in Pieces of Eight!!!!!! It was sitting on a shelf. Not for sale, just a part of the decor.

Clicky my linky!!!

That's the one!!! I was horrified. ha! I have this at home, and, though it's cool that DL has one too...I want DL not to have items from the "outside world".

This ever happen to you??

Re: Do You Ever See Things At Disneyland That You Feel Shouldn't Be There? Ruin The T

I found a Victorian clock that is sitting on my mantle being used on Main Street, U.S.A.

• Banned User

Re: Do You Ever See Things At Disneyland That You Feel Shouldn't Be There? Ruin The T

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    I found a Victorian clock that is sitting on my mantle being used on Main Street, U.S.A.
    Is it antique? If so, that is WAY more cool than seeing a Pier One item!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Is it antique? If so, that is WAY more cool than seeing a Pier One item!
    No, it's a reproduction. It's nice, though.

Imagineering, and the people responsible for retail atmospherics, do cheat, sometimes. And, they hope people won't notice.

• Banned User

Its on Main Street as a tribute because it stands in front of the old clock store or semething that used to be there.

• Banned User

No, it's a reproduction. It's nice, though.

Imagineering, and the people responsible for retail atmospherics, do cheat, sometimes. And, they hope people won't notice.
    They have to be pretty darn sneaky to get a Pier One item past me! I love it nearly as much as DL!! haha!

• We wants the Redhead

For me it does take away when there is one item out of Character from the rest.
    Janet
    John 3:16

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

In the little pin store (I think it's called Masquerade D'Orleans) in New Orleans Square, there's a long row of "antique" bottles that decorate the inside windowsills just above the doorways. There are several identical pink bottles interspersed among the others; I have one of those which I won as a prize from one of my elementary school fairs about thirteen years ago. My mom was the one responsible for making those bottles available at that fair because she ordered them cheaply in bulk from The Oriental Trading Company catalog.

So knowing where those bottles came from, it does take away a little of the magic whenever I see several copies of my own pink bottle sitting there in that store.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
    There are several identical pink bottles interspersed among the others; I have one of those which I won as a prize from one of my elementary school fairs about thirteen years ago. My mom was the one responsible for making those bottles available at that fair because she ordered them cheaply in bulk from The Oriental Trading Company catalog.

So knowing where those bottles came from, it does take away a little of the magic whenever I see several copies of my own pink bottle sitting there in that store.
    Exactly what I'm talkin' about! ha!

It seems to be more of a problem in retail atmospherics. Disney often contracts that work out to local prop companies, although even Imagineering has been known to buy commonly-available items to use as set dressing. For example, Larry Nikolai, who was the art director for the Sinbad attraction at Tokyo Disney Sea, bought a few rugs at IKEA to set atop the camel outside the building. Doing so is just another way to cut corners and deliver the project under budget.

• Banned User

For example, Larry Nikolai, who was the art director for the Sinbad attraction at Tokyo Disney Sea, bought a few rugs at IKEA to set atop the camel outside the building..
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

• Directly directed

There used to be an atrium at Tarzan's Treehouse, it's since broken, I asked, and I for sure have the exact same thing on my coffee table.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

You guys are funny!
    I never remember anything, So I don't think I ever recognize something at DL as being the same as something I had at home!
    It might throw me off the track though, I do agree!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Ex-CM - Class of 89

Yeah, every time I look at the entrance to Tomorrowland and the current location of the Astro Orbitor! Ruins the theme of the Plaza.
    Long live the "Happiest Place on Earth" the ORIGINAL, Disneyland.
    Former Cast Member - Class of 89

I love Tower of Terror, but the little loading and unloading area between the elevator doors (between the final queue and the ride vehicle) looks so modern and plain compared to the rest of the themed attraction. That little area takes me out of the intended setting for a moment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast