Talking Face Character Audition Question

Ok, so i know that they hold face character auditions, been to two with no luck yet, but how do they audition the face characters in the parades? Like the alices and ariels in the parade of dreams. Is that done at the parade auditions or do they take people from the face character auditions and put them in the parades? Just curious, thanks!

• :)

Re: Face Character Audition Question

The Face Characters are used "univerally" within the park...If you're a face character than you're also in the parade, fantasmic, etc, wherever you're needed

The only character who is different is Tink, the tink in the parade is not the one who flys durring the fireworks...I hope this answeared your question

Oooh ok, gotcha. Thanks for the info

• A Suitcase & A Dream

If you are cast as a certain character is doesn't mean that you will do greets and be in the parade on the same day. Here are two pictures of Alice on the same day and it's obvious it's two different people. The pics are from http://www.disneycastmagic.com/

• I am number 4 of 999

I could get lost in that website for DAYS! Oh, how I love costumed characters!

• Happiest Girl On Earth

I was unaware that they crossed over or were "universal." I know that they will wig people at parade auditions if they see a princess/character - and obviously, the face auditions involve a short dance as well even if for in-park. However, I have a few friends who are face characters, but only one has received the opportunity to be in the parade once because the character she plays had gone MIA for the parade.

They are separate auditions, though, if that's the question. Sometimes they also cross-audition... Someone I know auditioned for Block Party and ended up as the Blue Fairy in POD!

And if you really want the job, don't give up! My friend who plays Snow White auditioned two or three times before they picked her out... They are always looking for something different!

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

actually they dont ALWAYS get approval to cross over between character side (in-park princesses) and parade side. i know some people who are "friends" of the princesses. one girl is belle in POD and FAN but at the face auditions for character side she gets cut every time. same thing with this girl i know who does mulan in FAN.

similarly, a lot of the in-park princesses would LOVE to be in POD or FAN, but never get approved because they have the look, but not the dance ability that some of the other girls do. theres actually only a few that are approved to do both.

plus can you imagine how long of a day that would be? since performers are "gridded" in shows (they have a set schedule of how many times they will do each show every week) a character shift before/after a should would be way too long and disney doesnt want to tire them out/pay them the OT.

yeah, that was my question. i wanted to know at what audition they get the characters for the parades. thanks, i guess i'll just keep on trying lol