Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I saw Herbie!!

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

I saw Herbie!!

If you've been to the resort recently, you may have noticed Herbie the Love Bug sitting by the ticket booths between the two park entrances. This was a bit of a surprise to me today as I got to the park.

What was more of a surprise, though, was when I was driving there. It was 10:26 am, I was on Harbor blvd, about to turn right onto Ball to get to the resort, when Herbie drove past me on the opposing side of traffic! I must admit I did a double take after taking some time to register what I was seeing. That, coupled with the briefness of our passing meant I couldn't take a picture with my digital camera, sadly.
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• Puppy Cuddles

Wait a minute, Herbie was sitting by the ticket booths? When? How did I possibly miss this? I'm a huge Love Bug fan and I missed this. I need more information. I was at the park on Saturday, but I didn't come in the main entrance. Does anyone know how long he will be there?

P.S. I love that they drive him home. That is fantabulous.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Videographer

Here he is...

He is over on the Simba side, not the Mickey & Friend's side.

RU

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    If they drive 'him' in and out of ther Park every day, where is he kept at night?
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Herbie is covered up at night. The herbie you saw on harbor was a CMs car. He has a pretty good replica (exterior only), and it doesn't have the sponsorship stickers.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Feel the breeze!

I believe Herbie is there until June 27th or so.

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    Herbie is covered up at night. The herbie you saw on harbor was a CMs car. He has a pretty good replica (exterior only), and it doesn't have the sponsorship stickers.
    Yah I have seen this CM drive this car around the area of the resort before. I guess people are just going to notice him a lot more after this movie is released.

• Banned User

I saw Herbie twice already. The CM standing by it said that it was fully drivable to me and I got plenty of ideas on stealing it and racing it.. but alas.. I am not in the mood to go to jail ha ha! It's a nice car though.

My friend saw some filming for the movie at the Nascar race last September at California Speedway. Herbie was there!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Drop by the Petersen Museum sometime and see (one of the) original Herbie(s)
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• CM for 4 years!

hahahaha... I was in the Cast Member lot a couple weeks ago, and I parked two spots away from Herbie!! I took a couple pictures with my camera phone, and when I got home, I told me eight year old sister. She didn't believe me, and said "NO WAY" like eight year olds do... when I showed her, she was like "Oh my Gosh, that's SOOOO COOL"... now I really want to take her to Mann's Chinese to see the "premiere"!!

• Minion

Yay. They should have a trick Herbie for the park like they used to.

• Senior Minion

Wow, That is great I have all the movies and love the Herbie Series. I had a 73 SuperBeetle bu have always wanted a 62 oval back window model. I have to get some pics while Im there
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

Cool, now just get that silly bimbo off of that poster and it would be even better!

• Puppy Cuddles

Tic Toc, Herbie is a 63. Of course now that I've gone up north for the summer, they bring out Herbie. Just my luck. Wish there was a way to get back down before the 27th. Grrr!
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    Tic Toc, Herbie is a 63. Of course now that I've gone up north for the summer, they bring out Herbie. Just my luck. Wish there was a way to get back down before the 27th. Grrr!
    Thanks Realize that it is.
    That is just particular year I like personally.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast