Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• CM for 4 years!

I was under there a couple weeks ago and said to my boyfriend, "Let's go in the Villains shop. If they have any cool Chernabog merch, I'll buy it for you, my treat." He was real excited, because he always has to buy me dinner and stuff, so the prospect of me buying him something was extraordinary. But I was just as disappointed as him when we got in to find out what it had become. It's sorta lame now. He wanted me to buy him a sword instead. I said no.

• Rainicorn.

It was really sad to see a lot of NOS go, but I'm glad they have some specific shops there. I really want pre-all merchandise-everywhere Disneyland back. I mean, there's the biggest Disney store in the world outside in DTD, and you can find the same stuff in DL! At least change it up a bit for people who pay. My 2 cents!

I loved the villains shop, bu I never saw the witch.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Who's your DaddyB?

i quite agree with all of you, and think we should storm city hall to complain!
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Minion

The Fantasyland Villains Shop was the best. The Nightmare Shop in Nawlins doesn't carry villain stuff anyway... and it wouldn't fit there if they did.

• Gift Giver Extraordinare

Unfortunately, the Villains Shop never moved the amount of merchandise that it was expected to. The heraldry shop is an outside vendor who pays rent, so now the space is actually making money for Disney.
    Walt's Magic Kingdom

AP since 1984

• Hooterville, USA

I agree that they have done away with specialty shops. Villains replaced my magic shop, but because they already had another magic shop, I was ok. Don't know why, but I love villains stuff too. Bring it back Matt.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• off in lala land

I very much miss the Villian's shop. It has a certain appeal to it that no other store has.
    ...it's been a long time.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey
    I very much miss the Villian's shop. It has a certain appeal to it that no other store has.
    I agree. It was one of my favorites. I'm not a huge shopper when it comes to Disneyland...the occasional hat or sweatshirt and what have you, but I always enjoyed the villains merchandise most of all.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Yes, yes, yes, bring back the villains!!! Homogenization sucks!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by no1here
    Unfortunately, the Villains Shop never moved the amount of merchandise that it was expected to. The heraldry shop is an outside vendor who pays rent, so now the space is actually making money for Disney.
    That was partly a PLACEMENT problem... It was essencially tucked in a relitively quite corner of the castle... So go back to the Marketing Department and rethink this please...

I know the heraldry is an outside vendor... I can get the same garbage almost at any theme park, ren faire, swap meet, tourist trap center... you can also order it on line...

I want the Villain shop back... All my friends I have talked to up here and told them that the Villain shop is now gone, are in a state of shock... (OK, they get over it)...

But you know, there is a serious marketing problem with many of the DL shops... and that Villains shop was one that made me happy...
    Check out my other blog:

• Sock Puppet

The last thing I want to do here is agree with someone, but Michelle is 100% correct. It is a lot more interesting and motivating to travel to the different lands to see their specific merchandise. Now that you can get Pirate stuff in the Emporium and what not, it is kind of weak status. Further, the Villain Show must return! We need that witch back to remind us that she can turn water into gasoline if we let her out. Gas prices are all over the board and she could be a huge asset.

**PS: the poster of this thread spelled Villain wrong.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    OK, here is my formal petition to bring back the Disney Villans Shop!!!
    I think the problem was that they had to recycle the merchandise too quickly. They'd get something new in, and the villians fans would rush in and buy it up. Then the demand curve would fall off like a rock.

If you're going to spend $100,000 designing a new product, running it up and down the chain of command for modification and approval, then bidding it out to manufacturers, then ordering, stocking etc.... And you only make $10 each, then you want to sell WAY more than 10,000 of them.

Stuff in the villians store sold to well to a small target audience, but not to well to the masses.

As for the heraldry shop.... I really hoped that would be a short lived move for castle refurb only....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    If you're going to spend $100,000 designing a new product, running it up and down the chain of command for modification and approval, then bidding it out to manufacturers, then ordering, stocking etc.... And you only make $10 each, then you want to sell WAY more than 10,000 of them.

Stuff in the villians store sold to well to a small target audience, but not to well to the masses.
    I agree with you there... that is why they are selling the same items everywhere, to get the economy of scale down low?

The problem is that product doesn't move...

They should have such a problem having a store that actually moves product...
    Check out my other blog:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12