Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Turtle Talk with Crush

I know it is in horrible taste, but last time my ex-girlfriend wanted to ask Crush why Mr. Ray would murder Steve Irwin. I had to restrain her for the entire show, and needless to say, we aren't dating anylonger.

I have seen it a couple of times, And guy who does Crushes voice is very good but he does goes overboard with the word Dude, My 9 year old love dit but she didn't want to ask a question. and she would not let me.... a total bummer
    AND TO THINK IT ALL STARTED WITH A MOUSE

• Starwisher

When we were there over the summer, my 6 year old got picked (Gnarly Nick). Crush came out with a bikini top on, said he found it on the beach and asked Nick what it was. Nick said it was a neck tie. So Crush said he'd wear it to the office sometime. I thought the CM with the microphone was going to die laughing. And my 17 year old (Surfin' Scott) asked Crush what he keeps in his shell, and Crush first said that it was a pretty personal question, then when he tried to pull into his shell to look, he "bubbled".
    It so totally rocked!
    Don't make me come in there!

Quote Originally Posted by thepopularwitch View Post
    The funniest thing I have ever heard at Turtle Talk was one time when Crush brough out the bikini and asked the kids what it was. The little boy answered "It's a bra" and my friends and I couldn't stop laughing. Crush then proceded to ask what it was for, and the little boy replied that it was for girls.
    omg when was this? because i was totally there at that show. maybe you were there when we asked the mermaid question?

unless of course, kids frequently respond to the bikini question saying it's a bra...?
    Disneyland Photos:
    01.02.2006 (facebook album)
    02.25.2006 - Totally random trip
    Spring break 2006 - WALT DISNEY WORLD (also has some random spring break pics in)
    08.01.2006 -Club 33 trip!
    My first MC trip report!
    More to come, of course! =D

Deluxe Annual Pass purchased - 12.09.2006

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by thepopularwitch View Post
    The funniest thing I have ever heard at Turtle Talk was one time when Crush brough out the bikini and asked the kids what it was. The little boy answered "It's a bra" and my friends and I couldn't stop laughing. Crush then proceded to ask what it was for, and the little boy replied that it was for girls.
    Crush: Ok dudes i have but one question for you, Does this make me look fat?

That segment is always interesting with how the children respond. and of course the reaction from everyone during the second part i included.

this show was an innovation for Epcot, and helped create The Seas With Nemo and Friends. I still don't see why it is still at Disneys California Adventure except the animation attraction had an extra room. Its going to make some interesting stuff when Finding Nemo's Submarine Voyage opens at Disneyland, and crush tells the kids to see Nemo and little blue over there

• Banned User

Have there been any trouble makers who ask obviously stupid or profane questions? I wonder how they deal with them.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Have there been any trouble makers who ask obviously stupid or profane questions? I wonder how they deal with them.
    Children who would ask questions not appropriate are rare, I bet they kill the microphone quick and change the subject by asking the parents something. I do know most questions are not stupid and even same questions get a response.

Crush: "Woa like De-ja-vu Dude"

• Shubisha

wonder what his response would be if asked him whether or not he ever got back at doink the clown

My family took a trip to Disneyland and California Adventure this January. We went to Turtle Talk twice and both times someone from my family got to talk to crush. My 24 year old brother asked a pretty hillarious questions. He asked Crush, "What's your favorite Chuck Norris joke?" Now, if you don't know what Chuck Norris jokes are this isn't that funny. But Crush gave a really confused look and said he didn't know what a Chuck Norris joke was and asked my brother what HIS favorite Chuck Norris joke was. Well, my brother was NOT expecting that, and was totally on the spot. He FROZE!! His face turned bright red and he could not think of a joke to tell. None of us could think of one either to help him out. Crush said "Well Chad, you're really movin' the show along here". It was so funny. Ok - maybe you had to be there.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by nish221 View Post
    It's actually two pieces of technology (or so the rumors have it)...

Spoiler

1. voice alteration technology that basically superimposes Crush's voice
    waves over what's being said by a CM.... A very nice use of digital signal processing
    technology.
    2. CGI puppetry. The CM has some device (think fancy Wii controller) that
    control Crush's movements and gestures.
    Probably has a joystick than can control position as well.
    Actually, there is no number 1.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Shubisha

And #2 is probably an advanced version of this more than a wii controller :P

I see this show every time I go to DCA. While it's true that the first half is typically the same, once Crush has the crowd asking questions, you never know what you're gonna get. I've yet to get bored of it, and I've seen it at least 5 times now. While I can't think of any specific questions that have been asked, I do know that I constantly find myself laughing at nearly every answer Crush gives.

My favorite bit that I saw him do (and have yet to see again) involved him going behind a rock and bringing out a Buzz Lightyear doll, asking if any of us knew what it was. The kids of course all screamed, "IT'S BUZZ!!" Crush told us that when Squirt found it, he pushed the button and the toy said (in best underwater gurgling voice you can do), "to infinity and beyond!" Then Crush said matter-of-factly, "now he doesn't say anything." Cracked me up.

I've yet to figure out how this is done. And frankly, I don't want to know. OK, I do. It's pretty amazing stuff. If you head over to youtube and type in Turtle Talk with Crush, you can find dozens and dozens of clips people have uploaded. Fun stuff!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234