Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Post Disneyland's next E Ticket ? ? ?

Once "Nemo's Submarine Voyage" opens this summer, and TSI gets it's Pirate makeover, what's next at the original Magic Kingdom? Does any body have any news of any plans for the future?

Where should Disney concentrate their efforts next?

• Needs the smell of summer

Re: Disneyland's next E Ticket ? ? ?

They've gotta do something with the Motorboat cruise area and the peoplemover.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i think something needs to be done with Tomorrowland, it still needs more love imho
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I agree, although this is not another Peoplemover thread.

I also think Tomorrowland needs some love. But something fun and new not just "how are we going to bring this old thing back" or "what can we do with a revolving theater."

• Ex-CM - Class of 89

Tomorrowland needs a lot of TLC. Get rid of Innoventions and put in a ride, Mission Space, or something similar. Also the Big Thunder Ranch (Festival of Fools) area is a good piece of land that needs to be developed into some sort of attraction
    Long live the "Happiest Place on Earth" the ORIGINAL, Disneyland.
    Former Cast Member - Class of 89

• Fastest Man Alive

It's really no secret. The future of Disneyland for the next x-amount of years is all about Tomorrowland.

• Banned User

I haven't heard of any plan for an original E-Ticket attraction at Disneyland. I don't even think there are rumors. If it were big it would have to replace Autopia and optionally the Motor Boat Lagoon and also have the Monorail and People Mover track integrated into it if they don't want to remove/change either of those.

Also you can't burrow underneath the berm and contain the ride in a big green show building as Harbor Blvd. blocks that idea. It would have be self-contained in its own structure.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

A NEW E-Ticket at Disneyland is a tricky situation and I'm really not quite sure how they can pull it off.

Basically, nothing can be put in without a major part of Disneyland as we know it getting a major overhaul.

I'm all for a brand new Adventure Thru Inner Space with an updated storyline and effects for Innoventions building.

If they redo Autopia to take up less space, there'll be more room for the Motor Boat Cruise area.

If they shut down Toontown and move it to DCA, that whole area can fit an E-Ticket.

Big Thunder Ranch can house an E-Ticket, and the lack of anything else in that area will be nice for the crowd control.

Other than those locations... I'm not sure what kind of E-Ticket Disneyland can add. I'm afraid the 2nd park and 3rd park will be getting the majority of the e-ticket attractions from here on out.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

What about those Pods that were on The Incredibles?

isn't that coming to the PM track?

• California Golden Bear

Razing Inoventions would provide enough room for an E-ticket the size of the Matterhorn or Space Mountain. Check out arial photos of DL and you'll see that both those mountains are indeed about the size of Inoventions. Surely WDI could create an E-ticket to fit that space.
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

Honestly, I think DL is tapped out of room for new E-tickets. But I can see Motor boat Cruise area, Big Thunder Ranch and some other areas for smaller attractions. I think most of the big ideas need to go to DCA and then onto a third gate from there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KrItTeR View Post
    What about those Pods that were on The Incredibles?

isn't that coming to the PM track?
    Just a rumor!

Not an E-Ticket!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

It looks like some people are all for tearing out innoventions and replacing it with yet another ride. While many people do not care for Innoventions, I would highly caution against just putting any ride in its place. If anything I would be for replacing it with Carousel of Progress, America Sings, or an entirely different show that would "fit". Seeing a show in this type of setting is really unique and should be experienced by those who are advocating tearing it all out.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    It looks like some people are all for tearing out innoventions and replacing it with yet another ride. While many people do not care for Innoventions, I would highly caution against just putting any ride in its place. If anything I would be for replacing it with Carousel of Progress, America Sings, or an entirely different show that would "fit". Seeing a show in this type of setting is really unique and should be experienced by those who are advocating tearing it all out.

You make a fair point, but what animatronic based show could go there do you think? And are today's audience willing to give show like that the attention it deserves?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

well they could put something nice over at the old festival of fools area, but that would mean taking out the petting zoo, which i do not mind.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast