View Poll Results: Which "Land" In Disneyland Needs The Most Work/TLC Pumped Into It?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Main Street U.S.A.

0 0%
  • Adventureland

1 1.72%
  • New Orleans Square

0 0%
  • Critter Country

4 6.90%
  • Frontierland

7 12.07%
  • Fantasyland

1 1.72%
  • Tomorrowland

37 63.79%
  • Toontown

8 13.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Question Which Land At Disneyland Needs The Most Work/TLC?

With all these talks going around about new e-ticket attractions, and lands that need work it got me to thinking something. Which land in Disneyland needs the most work/TLC put into it?

...Joe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Which Land At Disneyland Needs The Most Work/TLC?

You already know the answer to this.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i have a feeling tomorrowland is going to win this hands down
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Of course it's Tomorrowland, no contest. It's gone from my co-favorite to my least favorite land in the park.

Though I will say that Frontierland can definitely use some work, and maybe Fantasyland could too. They could totally remodel Toontown and it wouldn't bother me, but maybe that's because the only child I have to deal with is ny inner one.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Senior Minion

Although Tomorrowland is in a hap hazard state right now, I would love to see more done with Frontierland. Less retail shops and more entertainment.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Knight that says Nee!!

From my family perspective I have to go with Adventure Land. It has only a few attractions (good ones, but few) and it could use a bit of a "make over" as far as looks go. It is also the most cramped of the lands in the park and makes passage into it difficult on crowded days.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Tomorrowland and Bear Country
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Defying gravity

I think Toontown needs more actual working attractions added. Half of Donald's Boat is closed, as is Chip and Dale's Treehouse. Gadget's Go Coaster has horrible ride capacity. The Jolly Trolly doesn't work anymore. And then there's Roger Rabbit....I'm just not a fan.

• Special Agent

Wow I can't believe Tomorrowland is winning this. Tomorrowland is home to three of the most popular Disney franchise rides ever: Space Mountain, Star Tours, and Buzz Lightyear - and will soon be home to the Finding Nemo ride.

Frontierland on the other hand is on the verge of being completely irrelevant. Where once it was the biggest land in the whole park - it is now home to only two real attractions: The Mark Twain and Big Thunder Mountain.

TSI turning into pirate island is another threat to the security of Frontierland because it shows that there's absolutely no clear direction to take this theme. Nothing has been done with the Frontierland theme for nearly 20 years now. As a concept it is dead. I can easily see Frontierland as a concept being entirely replaced by a more overarching "Adventureland" type idea - and getting away from the old west entirely. Especially if all that space in the back woods gets eaten up by an E ticket attraction not necessarily themed to the Frontier.

And yet despite the fact that Frontierland is on the verge of disappearing from the map - most people think Tomorrowland is in trouble? How? Why? Because instead of 14 attractions there's only 12?

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I would have to say Critter Country. It only has two rides and it can probably be expanded more into the wooded area where the train goes of the park. You may even be able to add a new attraction in there if the tried hard enough!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    From my family perspective I have to go with Adventure Land. It has only a few attractions (good ones, but few) and it could use a bit of a "make over" as far as looks go. It is also the most cramped of the lands in the park and makes passage into it difficult on crowded days.
    The reason Adventureland is so crowded is because of the lack of attractions on the West side of the park............

Think about it: Disneyland has 4 major spokes leading off from the tip of Main St. Spoke number 1 has Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribean, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain....of course the early portions of the spoke are going to be swamped with people.

No other spoke on the wheel has this many E tickets.....not even two spokes on the wheel.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• the rum is always gone

is there any reason why Tomorrowland should not recieve the most TLC. It is the only land where half of the rides either are not operational or are very outdated or not thrilling.

I'd say a second would be toontown. But personally, I think toontown is a lost cause.

• Hiding in the shadows

For me, tomorrowland needs TLC to return to its glory, not E-Ticket rides, but the excitement it once had, almost a glow about it. I miss many of my favorite rides there from when I was young, I would stay in Tomorrowland all day. Skyway, Innerspace, People Mover, America Sings, etc all being gone, just makes me sad.

Honestly even if they did make necessary changes (HISTA for example), I dont know that I could ever see it the same again. But it just feels like it needs so much right now.

• Disney Rocks!

I would like to see them clean up Fantasyland and fix all the missing pieces on the rides and clean up the paint jobs. It always makes me so sad to see those rides going into disrepair. And because of my girls, Fantasyland is always the first place that we go to when we get in the park.
    Here you leave today and enter a world of Yesterday, Tommorow and Fantasy

• e komo mai

By far, Tomorrowland. It's half Jules Verne, half TL 1977. It needs to be finessed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast