Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• My arms are tired!

Re: A Perfect Disney Moment Crushed by Disneyland Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
    This a side note, of course, and nothing to do with this thread but:
    I look chubby in that pic. I'm distressed about it. But I needed to post it to prove that we got our pic taken.
    Too much pocky?

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

• My arms are tired!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion View Post
    Ahhh good times!

Great shots, all, but this one, my God, you all look so cute! Since GeneralYou just had another birthday, this is really timely, once again!

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    Oh please. How many people would actually remember this thread upon going into the park? How many people would then take time out of their day to glare at someone? (Not actually doing anything, mind you, just glaring. How horrifying.) How many people, upon seeing someone glaring at them, would think it was directed at them, and how many people would then let it affect them beyond a simple "Gee, what's their problem?" Besides, how is the guy going to know that a handful of people are avoiding him? Unless he reads this site, or someone he knows points him to it (granted, not entirely outside the realm of possibility), there's no way that he's going to see people skirting his line and think of it as anything more than them not being interested in the character. You're getting worked up over absolutely nothing.
    Then you just proved that this thread is absolutely useless... Its just to garner sympathy from other Forum members.

Oh hey! Lets start a thread about MCers we think are horrible forum posters! But lets just put in their first 4 letters of their name becuase NO ONE will find out or remember! =P

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by Y more J View Post
    Then you just proved that this thread is absolutely useless... Its just to garner sympathy from other Forum members.
    Jeremy, discussing experiences (both good & bad) at the DLR is why this forum exists in the first place. GC simply reported the story because he felt that other DL guests would be interested in knowing what happened & if you look at the number of replies to this thread you'll know he was correct. So you are incorrect that this thread is absolutely useless. GC could care less about getting any sympathy from the internet. Anyone above the age of 20 knows perfectly well that you do not go to the internet to find sympathy.

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion View Post
    Jeremy, discussing experiences (both good & bad) at the DLR is why this forum exists in the first place. GC simply reported the story because he felt that other DL guests would be interested in knowing what happened & if you look at the number of replies to this thread you'll know he was correct. So you are incorrect that this thread is absolutely useless. GC could care less about getting any sympathy from the internet. Anyone above the age of 20 knows perfectly well that you do not go to the internet to find sympathy.
    But all I'm requesting is that we should just have one thread to have bad CM experiences. I dont understand why we have more then several threads of CMs doing wrong things. The whole point of the thread is openly "attacking" a Nathaniel in Entertainment. How specific can you get? People are also asking for PHOTOS of him??? Just because a thread is popular does not mean it is morally correct to do so. Yes it is sad that there are more reply to these kinds of threads then there are to picture updates or park updates. It just goes to show that MC has something against CM's. Must be becuase the odds are 2500 to 1 that theres a CM bashing thread to come out rather then a CM praising thread. And i sure as hell am not defending CM's becuase I was a CM. NO, I am morally defending this because all humans have the right to protect their privacy. Forum threads like these are for "snickering" and "making fun" of people behind their bakcs that dont have access to these forums. All I'm up for on this forum is to just remove the name. No harm, no foul...

*And if your talking about 20 years and older which should mean Maturity, then you would know that it would be mature to not include the name correct?
    Last edited by Jeronius; 02-06-2007 at 08:53 AM.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• 88 mph

You know what? I give up. Its like a child fight.
    I just found a website call Stupidguesttricks.com that bash on APers, "Stupid" guests, and etc. I'm done here. Hopefully they have the maturity to not post guest names. I'm sick of drama. =(

-Adidas

• Gay Man

*And if your talking about 20 years and older which should mean Maturity, then you would know that it would be mature to not include the name correct?
    LOL!

• Gay Man

I just found a website call Stupidguesttricks.com that bash on APers, "Stupid" guests, and etc. I'm done here. Hopefully they have the maturity to not post guest names. I'm sick of drama. =(
    Yes! A board named "STUPID guest tricks" is bound to be more mature. \

(Oh, and they DO post names if they know them, but guests aren't "required by Disney" to wear name tags.

• Hedonist

There is privacy, but there is also responsibility. We all are stuck with the poor decissions of our past and it's up to us to change those poor recollections into learning experiences so we can face them without embarrasement.

That said, I think what makes this thread so interesting is the fact that this is so out of the ordinary of the usual Disney Experience. The CMs go above and beyond constantly to make the magic happen. When they don't, it's just the more unusual - something like being walked off Indy.

Personally, I trust that Disney did whatever it had to do in regards to Nathaniel, taking into consideration whatever other situations may have been at play that we were unaware of. I don't think he needs to be shunned, or ridiculed - but I do hope he learned to find a better way of dealing with the situation - and save his vitriol for stupidguesttricks.com where he could freely chat about us jerks (by name if he cared to) and maybe even link to a picture ot two with a snarky caption.

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid View Post
    Yes! A board named "STUPID guest tricks" is bound to be more mature. \

(Oh, and they DO post names if they know them, but guests aren't "required by Disney" to wear name tags.
    What if you found a description of yourself in there though? And you knew that it was you? (Hypothetically of course.) Would you feel right reading it?

-Adidas

• Hedonist

Dang it - I'm to slow - well have fun

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by General You View Post
    Dang it - I'm to slow - well have fun
    I'm not a CM. Why would I have fun. =)

-Adidas

• Hedonist

What if you found a description of yourself in there though? And you knew that it was you? (Hypothetically of course.) Would you feel right reading it?
    That scenario is inevitable for anyone who posts on the internet, or has a group of friends. You need a thick skin to have a public life. I'm fine with that and that I sonetimes do stupid things or annoy people, can't really say you're living if you don't.

(Hi NA)

• Hedonist

I'm not a CM. Why would I have fun. =)
    I don't know, most people prefer it that to the alternative, but if you prefer suffering, then I salute your ascetic aesthetic and wish you well there as well.

• Gay Man

I find it amusing when I'm described there. But, it's different for me. I pay to go to the park, as opposed to being paid to do their job, wearing a name tag no less.

If you hate the CM bashing here you will quickly grow tired of the AP bashing on SGT. It basically is faux-commedians looking for things to post about that guests did. It gets old quickly, but every once in a while there's a good story.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast