Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Someone's excited!

Arrow Tomorrowland suspicions

Okay we all know that Tomorrowland does need some help and it might be getting that help as you are reading this. Listen. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is coming in June. That would be step 1 for getting Tomorrowland back. Then remember back when one of us saw people up on the People Mover track and when we saw lights on in the station. Maybe they are looking at it for a new People Mover kind of ride, Incredibles or not. And then maybe they'll do some more stuff like maybe getting the Skyway back! So what do you think? Maybe they are working on getting the Tomorrowland of Yesterland back!
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Tomorrowland suspicions

I think I was the only one who picked up on this when I saw that pic! The guy up there looked pretty grumpy! Maybe he was thinking about what they can tear down next?

• the rum is always gone

hopefully they are planning on revitalizing tomorrowland. It really needs help. The problem is DCA though. Because DCA is failing, all the money is going there to improve that park...thus Disneyland specifically Tomorrowland) will not get as much money as it would have if DCA did not exist.

As for the skyway, I seriously doubt it will come back. I'll admit, it would be nice, but the reality of it is not likely. Simply because of the liability and safety of the guests on the ride. I would rather see money for the skyway go into new rides for tomorrowland. But hopefully things will look brighter for tomorrowland in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by mini_imagineer View Post
    Okay we all know that Tomorrowland does need some help and it might be getting that help as you are reading this. Listen. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is coming in June. That would be step 1 for getting Tomorrowland back. Then remember back when one of us saw people up on the People Mover track and when we saw lights on in the station. Maybe they are looking at it for a new People Mover kind of ride, Incredibles or not. And then maybe they'll do some more stuff like maybe getting the Skyway back! So what do you think? Maybe they are working on getting the Tomorrowland of Yesterland back!

Finding Nemo is step three. Buzz was step one and Space Refurb and new paintjob to most of the area was step 2. And that last comment was very contradictory. Quite honestly, I want the TomorrowLand of Tomorrow and not the Tomorrowland of yesterland.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hench View Post
    Finding Nemo is step three. Buzz was step one and Space Refurb and new paintjob to most of the area was step 2. And that last comment was very contradictory. Quite honestly, I want the TomorrowLand of Tomorrow and not the Tomorrowland of yesterland.
    All I can say is that the Tomorrowland of Yesterland is a darn sight better than the Tomorrowland of now. I'm glad to see the subs coming back, but I fail to see the connection between "Finding Nemo" and the world of the future.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    All I can say is that the Tomorrowland of Yesterland is a darn sight better than the Tomorrowland of now. I'm glad to see the subs coming back, but I fail to see the connection between "Finding Nemo" and the world of the future.

--Barry
    While many agree, your opinion of TL is simply that, an opinion. I much prefer the TL we have now, or had when TL 98 opened. Autopia was more detailed and Disney-esque, much prefered HISTA to Capt EO, Rocket Red's helped releave the lines at TL Terrace and was decent quality, Carousel Theater was finally being used after years of nothing, like the concept for Rocket Rods (Peoplemover DID need an update of some kind IMO, even if it wasnt RR), disliked Circle Vision for personal reasons, Space Mountain recieved some improvements (first time with audio), new facades really helped out the land, and the finishes, texture, and paint on the attractions looked more visually appealing than the plain stucco white buildings of the past.

Was the new TL perfect, heck no. But the old one had grown very dated to the public and filled with lackluster attractions. In my opinion, it still was an overall step foward for the land.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post

--Barry
    Bravo. And the Tomorrowland of 'NOW' is actually the "Tomorrowland of Non-Imagination and Stagnancy' - my personal opinion of course.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    While many agree, your opinion of TL is simply that, an opinion. I much prefer the TL we have now, or had when TL 98 opened. Autopia was more detailed and Disney-esque, much prefered HISTA to Capt EO, Rocket Red's helped releave the lines at TL Terrace and was decent quality, Carousel Theater was finally being used after years of nothing, like the concept for Rocket Rods (Peoplemover DID need an update of some kind IMO, even if it wasnt RR), disliked Circle Vision for personal reasons, Space Mountain recieved some improvements (first time with audio), new facades really helped out the land, and the finishes, texture, and paint on the attractions looked more visually appealing than the plain stucco white buildings of the past.

Was the new TL perfect, heck no. But the old one had grown very dated to the public and filled with lackluster attractions. In my opinion, it still was an overall step foward for the land.
    Rocket Reds???

It might have been a 'step forward in 1998' when everything worked, but look at it 9 years later - it's about 20 steps backward, in the longrun.

• Comin' at ya!

I don't really see how finding nemo is "tomorrow" either...
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Rocket Reds???

It might have been a 'step forward in 1998' when everything worked, but look at it 9 years later - it's about 20 steps backward, in the longrun.
    I agree
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

•   

It seems like with them using new technology on rides like Nemo, that that is their idea of "Tommorrow". They don't understand that the theme, the look, the feel of the land needs to be about tomorrow.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    It seems like with them using new technology on rides like Nemo, that that is their idea of "Tommorrow". They don't understand that the theme, the look, the feel of the land needs to be about tomorrow.
    I totally agree, Could it be that they are trying to wean us off the idea that tomorrowland is about tomorrow and instead lead us more about technology so we dont expect them to keep up with the times? I mean otherwise Tomorrowland needs to be overhauled every 10-15 years minimum to keep up with what tomorrow may be. If they sell the "technology" and not the true tomorrow, things may have a longer shelf life?

I am glad to see the subs running again soon, but we need some real tomorrow rides, I just dont know how realistic those dreams really are anymore.

I am not holding my breath, would love to see something really happen with the people mover. Most of all, I miss inner space!

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I don't really see how finding nemo is "tomorrow" either...
    Neither are gas-powered cars that sound like lawnmowers. And while we're at it, neither were singing chickens.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider View Post
    Neither are gas-powered cars that sound like lawnmowers. And while we're at it, neither were singing chickens.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????? In the future all barnyard animals will be able to talk.

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey View Post
    WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????? In the future all barnyard animals will be able to talk.
    Yes, but will they sing?

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast