• SuperDork

What's Up with the Hours???

Hello All~ I am a bit of a lurker, but my distress at seeing the operating hours during my upcoming visit have dragged me out into the light! Does anyone know if the hours listed for June at DL are accurate? I am arriving on June 21 and staying five days. The 22nd and 23rd of that week Disneyland is listed as closing at 9pm. I couldn't believe it. Fireworks are listed as going off at 8:45. I do hope they realize that is the solstice time and it stays light quite late. Any info is appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Jen

Hey there... I believe that due to the overwhealming response to the 50th, the operating hours for both Parks have been extended. I'm sure others can offer more but read Al's latest column. he has written:

"There's more DCA news later here in the update, but the real star of the 50th is Disneyland and the public response so far has been even stronger than TDA had planned on. Attendance is up to 20% over projections each day, and they've just extended Disneyland's operating hours by an hour this week, and by two hours for the two weeks after that."

have fun

• Disney Nerd

It's true park hours are being extended pretty much daily!!!!!

except on.....grad nights! Now, i'm not totally positive, but i think i remember those dates being our last 2 grad nights for the season. Grad nights, DL will close @ 9, and be pushing people off MS by 1030 @ the latest. Gotta get the park clean, so a bunch of rowdy seniors can come trash it again...

sorry, last year i was one of those rowdy teenagers, so i know how we can be.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

I think those nights might be Grad Nites. Yep, the 22nd and 23rd are Grad Nites. The park closes early to allow all the seniors in!
    -Monorail Man

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jenlynn
    Hello All~ I am a bit of a lurker, but my distress at seeing the operating hours during my upcoming visit have dragged me out into the light! Does anyone know if the hours listed for June at DL are accurate? I am arriving on June 21 and staying five days. The 22nd and 23rd of that week Disneyland is listed as closing at 9pm. I couldn't believe it. Fireworks are listed as going off at 8:45. I do hope they realize that is the solstice time and it stays light quite late. Any info is appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Jen
    I agree, last Tuesday at 8:45 it was still a tad light out when fireworks started and it's only staying light later now that we are (just barely) in June. If they have to close at 9, they should at least push back fireworks to 9 (yes they have had firewokrs start at closing time before, very often at WDW).

FF
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Mmmm...it's not really significant though. Sunset is now at 7:57 and the latest the sun will ever set is 8:06 pm. The days are pretty much as long as they get--10 minutes is pretty negligible.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Minion

When I was there last week they extended hours from 9 to 10, but if the short hours are due to grad nights, I think you're out of luck.

• Rainicorn.

Hmm... Grad Nite most likely?
    Last edited by robotpirates; 05-31-2005 at 09:36 AM.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• SuperDork

Hours

Thanks for the info. I will just have to go to bed earlier those nights! When I was a kid, it seems like DL used to stay open til 1am. Am I crazy?? Or using child time distortion?
    Thanks!