Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: How will the Pirates make-over for Tom Sawyer Island impact the Rivers of America

I sure hope they don't transform the Columbia into the Black Pearl while this Pirate Island fad is going on.

Re: How will the Pirates make-over for Tom Sawyer Island impact the Rivers of America

I say you keep the original Tom S. Island or go all out with pirates (although I wouldn't mind a Black Pearl) I just do not see the sense of combing the two. If you have pirates in the island, most kids expect Jack Sparrow type stuff, not Tom Sawyer pirates.
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jesjas03 View Post
    I say you keep the original Tom S. Island or go all out with pirates (although I wouldn't mind a Black Pearl) I just do not see the sense of combing the two. If you have pirates in the island, most kids expect Jack Sparrow type stuff, not Tom Sawyer pirates.

Which those survey people will invariably be asking (or told), thereby making it "OK" to transform the rest of the island into a POTC movie island. Thats my dark future guess

• Someone's excited!

Sad Re: How will the Pirates make-over for Tom Sawyer Island impact the Rivers of America

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    After riding the Mark Twain last weekend as part of MiceChats 2nd anniversary, I was really disappointed in the condition of some of the "wildlife" along the Rivers of America...

The condition of these animals and their need for a sprucing up got me to thinking how Disney is going to tie the Pirates theme to the Rivers of America, and whether or not the ROA will be impacted negatively by the re-theming of Tom Sawyer Island.

Your thoughts?
    It doesn't make sence! That's the whole problem!!! Disney please know what you are doing!!!!!! Wait you don't or else you would be leaving TSI like it is and spicing things up a bit! Maybe this will work but how? Disney do your magic. But it seems like that hasn't been happening lately

Well, whatever, we just need to say "Goodbye TSI may you rest in peace!"
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    Which those survey people will invariably be asking (or told), thereby making it "OK" to transform the rest of the island into a POTC movie island. Thats my dark future guess
    I personally dont really care. I've never been a big TSI fan, and I'm not a die hard Pirates person. I'm just saying I dont think they should add little things like that.
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jesjas03 View Post
    I personally dont really care. I've never been a big TSI fan, and I'm not a die hard Pirates person. I'm just saying I dont think they should add little things like that.
    I really enjoy TSI. It has most definitely changed since I was a kid due to lawsuits and crud like that, but I still do enjoy going over there even at 30 years of age. Sometimes those quiet paths past the fort can be the last quiet refuge in the park on those crowded days.

I just hope that it does not clash with the rest of the surroundings too badly.

• Feed the Ducks!

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    The condition of these animals and their need for a sprucing up got me to thinking how Disney is going to tie the Pirates theme to the Rivers of America, and whether or not the ROA will be impacted negatively by the re-theming of Tom Sawyer Island.

Your thoughts?
    You should have seen them before a few of us Canoe CMs paddled out there and cleaned them during Christmas break.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i do think we (the collective MC we) tend to overreact about how much of TSI is going to be changed, they're putting a pirate stunt show on the corner...and they're goign to improve the rest of the island..is it really THAT bad?
    Well, TSI is part of Frontierland. Already small to non existant in some eyes. With Fort Widerness already closed, and now with the pirates taking over the island, FL grows ever smaller.

What will happen when the Pirate "Trend" dies? In the 70's Tomorrowland almost became Discoland, and thank God it didn't.

As i said... I am growing tired of the Pirate thing, and I used to love pirates.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I'm with you, I mean pirates are fun, but I feel like at this point they are just too much, There is so much that could be done to spruce up TSI without transforming it into Pirate Island.
    And by the time their done with TSI, We will have the new POTC film taking over Disneyland once again and have more pirate merch shoved in our faces left and right

• ...TWO BITS!

I'd rather have the canon effect with the breakin chimneys moved from the TSI stage to Fort Wilderness. Using cannon-effects like in TDS's Meditarean Harbor ship with the effect across the river "flames", smoke, sound effects, and falling trees. Oh, and also the water splash effect.

Having this at the TSI stage shooting at NOS seems too weird and you loose an atmospheric effect to noisy cannon fire and crumbling brick.

Besides, with the effect at Fort Wilderness, guests will surely explore around that part of the island.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• As I said, persuade me.

Here's my thing... I'm a huge pirates fan, before the movies ever were released... and yes it does seem like overkill, but TSI, for being what it was... it was a playground of dirt... I think what they are doing will bring in more people... if stupid people... but I like the idea. Also, those poor creatures need a rehaul... or just should be replaced... lol I like the eye patches idea... that's just so tacky but I love it.

As for kids and everyone on the planet dressing up like a pirate last year... yes that got a little annoying... especially if you were already a fan of POTC the ride before the films were released... you know the ppl who do it too are just doing it for a fad... and not for actually the adoration of the aspect of pirates and folklore of them.

Ok I'll stop my rambling.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Why is everybody making Tom Sawyer Island out to be a part of Yesterland?

Maybe I'm being a little too hopeful, but Disney has made it clear that they know we didn't like the original Pirate Island re-theme, so they've changed that. The Island will now be "Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer Island" - the Island is going to be a pirate hideaway as imagined by Tom and Huck.

This isn't Jack Sparrow Island. It's still Tom Sawyer Island.

I'm willing to bet that since the LA Times editorial, and the initial cries of dissent in the online communities, Disney knows that they're messing with hallowed ground.

They did right with the Pirates of the Caribbean enhancements. And with that, I'm going to be a little more optimistic for once and bet they'll do right with the Tom Sawyer Island enhancements.

They know they're playing with fire, and they're going to be careful with that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

sanguine poppet...you're "playground of dirt" really hit home with my thoughts.

I'm all for the changes. TSI isn't for adults, it's for kids...and as of now there's hardly anything interactive about it, which is sad. With these creative new ideas with the cannons and such, it sounds like the island is going to be full of life again, and I have a distinct feeling that adults are going to enjoy the updates as well. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'm going to raft over there the blow up New Orleans Square!

I'm really hoping that "wildlife" etc. gets some serious TLC...they need total replacements of themselves. Not changing what they are, but they're so dilapidated that it's sickening.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I am a HUGE pirates fan (hey, I almost liked Dead Man's Chest more
    than Curse of the Black Pearl) and planned my Capt Jack Sparrow
    outfit from the moment I first saw Curse of the Black Pearl, and
    only saw one other person dressed at Capt Jack, that year.

But this past year has been overload for me too an don't really care
    for the pirate band in New Orleans Square. Hopefully they will ship
    them over to the island too! hahahaha

As far as Tom Sawyer Island getting some attention. I think a lot
    of people are expecting a lot more changes, than will actually happen.
    This will need to be a quick go over, so it really doesn't allow for
    much time for any huge changes. And with word that they are
    going to keep it more of a Tom's River Pirates, I'm really not too
    concerned.

. . . . . except for of course that poor deer with the skin
    condition, and that poor misplaced Shaggy Dog/ Polar Bear
    hybrid. Unfortunately, until they earmark some money for
    some of the sets that you see while on the Columbia, Mark
    Twain, and canoes, like the Indian Village and ALL the critters.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Why is everybody making Tom Sawyer Island out to be a part of Yesterland?

Maybe I'm being a little too hopeful, but Disney has made it clear that they know we didn't like the original Pirate Island re-theme, so they've changed that. The Island will now be "Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer Island" - the Island is going to be a pirate hideaway as imagined by Tom and Huck.

This isn't Jack Sparrow Island. It's still Tom Sawyer Island.
    Not Jack Sparrow Island?

Pop quiz:

True or False: The pirates that inhabit the new...ahem..."Pirate's Lair" will be properly themed to reflect Mississippi River pirates of the 1830s, complete with buckskin jackets with fringe, powder horns, Kentucky Long rifles and ****-skin caps.

True or False: There won't be anyone wearing a scabbard on the island, because, as far as we know, Mississippi River Pirates didn't engage in much swordplay.

If you answered "true" to any question in this quiz, you fail.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast