Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

How will the Pirates make-over for Tom Sawyer Island impact the Rivers of America?

After riding the Mark Twain last weekend as part of MiceChats 2nd anniversary, I was really disappointed in the condition of some of the "wildlife" along the Rivers of America...

Looks more like The Shaggy Dog than a bear. Photo courtesy of Frogberto

"My skin is so dry it feels like it's cracking..." Photo courtesy of Frogberto

The condition of these animals and their need for a sprucing up got me to thinking how Disney is going to tie the Pirates theme to the Rivers of America, and whether or not the ROA will be impacted negatively by the re-theming of Tom Sawyer Island.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Circarama; 02-05-2007 at 02:34 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Comin' at ya!

Re: How will the Pirates make-over for Tom Sawyer Island impact the Rivers of America

I wonder this myself.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: How will the Pirates make-over for Tom Sawyer Island impact the Rivers of America

All animals and Indians will be issued eye-patches, and the Columbia and Mark Twain will be fired upon and boarded every 22 minutes.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Do you think they will get rid of what's left of the Indian Village and the Nature's Wonderland wildlife? I really hope not...but I guess that stuff doesn't really affect the island in any way...but that would really be dissapointing...I do agree, however, that they need to fix them up a bit.
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Maybe it's just me, but I'm so sick of pirates. Why can't they just be left in 'the caribbean'?

• Minion

ORGOCH: That's what I wanna' know, my OWN dang self, Dizzyland Daddy, ducklin'. Pirates is fine fer lootin' around Adventureland 'n all. But when they start invadin' other parts a the park, that's where I say git the @#$% back where ya's all belong!!!

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm so sick of pirates. Why can't they just be left in 'the caribbean'?
    I'm with you, I mean pirates are fun, but I feel like at this point they are just too much, There is so much that could be done to spruce up TSI without transforming it into Pirate Island.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I agree... I saw this coming last year. My son and daughter BOTH wanting to be Jack Sparrow for Halloween. and then come Halloween at least HALF of the kids were Jack or some sort of close looking pirate.

The overkill is way too much. I hope the hype about all things piratey comes to an end soon, or I may really have to root for the good guys again.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

Well I doubt much of the outer areas of the Rivers of America will be touched up at all. While the Railroad is down and would provide a good time for changes till the end of March, the Mark Twain/Columbia are remaining open. If they were to put some work into the outer areas then there wouldn't be much point to keeping these attractions along the river up in the meantime.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORGOCH: That's what I wanna' know, my OWN dang self, Dizzyland Daddy, ducklin'. Pirates is fine fer lootin' around Adventureland 'n all. But when they start invadin' other parts a the park, that's where I say git the @#$% back where ya's all belong!!!
    But invadin' is what we do, lass! An' might I add, tha' I 'ave never afore seen an assemblage o' winsome wenches sech as yerselves that has...uhhh...stirred me more...we wants the redheads....

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    I agree... I saw this coming last year. My son and daughter BOTH wanting to be Jack Sparrow for Halloween. and then come Halloween at least HALF of the kids were Jack or some sort of close looking pirate.

The overkill is way too much. I hope the hype about all things piratey comes to an end soon, or I may really have to root for the good guys again.
    When the first pirates movie came out in 2003, I was overwhelmed. I even had a "Pirates Birthday Party" for my 32nd' birthday that year! Go figure. We got some 'jewels' from Pieces of Eight and spread them on the table, etc...and even Watched Pirates on DVD - don't get me wrong - I LOVED LOVED the movie.

But I feel like it is, as you say, OVERKILL, at this point. I don't own the 2nd Pirates movie....and probably will see the 3rd installment, but I am not waiting with baited breath to see it.

I still enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean, the attraction, but the pirate invasion at Disneyland is dulling my 'pirate' love.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i've been all for the piratization of the F! stage corner of TSI, becuase its facilitating some much needed love for the rest of the island.

i do think we (the collective MC we) tend to overreact about how much of TSI is going to be changed, they're putting a pirate stunt show on the corner...and they're goign to improve the rest of the island..is it really THAT bad?
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i've been all for the piratization of the F! stage corner of TSI, becuase its facilitating some much needed love for the rest of the island.

i do think we (the collective MC we) tend to overreact about how much of TSI is going to be changed, they're putting a pirate stunt show on the corner...and they're goign to improve the rest of the island..is it really THAT bad?
    Yes.

• e komo mai

I am hoping that the animals will be updated or painted or something...
    The critters in the train were frozen in their popped out position yesterday...

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
    ...The critters in the train were frozen in their popped out position yesterday...
    And the day before that, and the day before that, and the day before that, and the...
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast