Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    • Infinitized!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    5,921

    What we need is... a Disneyland in Canada!

    Now that would be something, having a Disneyland here in Canada! I remeber years ago, I think it was in the early 80s, there was a rumour going around that Disney bought some land on Vancouver Island, near Qualicum, and they were going to be building a theme park there. Anybody else hear this rumour?

  2. #2

    • Master of Disaster
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lake Forest, California, United States
    Posts
    586
    sadly i dont think this will happen.

    whats one thing all disney parks have in common? location's climate! they are open year round because they can. unlike some other theme parks that open for spring summer fall and close for winter. can you imagine a disneyland in the snow?

  3. #3

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552
    Yeah...way too cold.

  4. #4

    • Infinitized!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    5,921
    Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    whats one thing all disney parks have in common? location's climate! they are open year round because they can. unlike some other theme parks that open for spring summer fall and close for winter. can you imagine a disneyland in the snow?
    Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland (around Vancouver) hardly gets any snow. It's central and eastern Canada that are bad for that kind of weather.

  5. #5

    • Master of Disaster
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lake Forest, California, United States
    Posts
    586
    but the rain too! think about the climate of...

    southern california, florida, paris, tokyo...

    all climates are about the same. maybea few weeks of rain a year (or in floridas case hurricanes)

  6. #6

    • I Hug My Tapirs
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    sadly i dont think this will happen.

    whats one thing all disney parks have in common? location's climate! they are open year round because they can. unlike some other theme parks that open for spring summer fall and close for winter. can you imagine a disneyland in the snow?
    Actually, I know at least Tokyo Disneyland has seen snow on occasion. Not sure about Paris.

    It actually doesn't snow that often around Vancouver. Not much, anyways. Too close to the ocean. I think the bigger problem would be rain, although I suppose they could design the park carefully to be more rain-friendly.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."


  7. #7

    • Infinitized!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    5,921
    Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    Actually, I know at least Tokyo Disneyland has seen snow on occasion. Not sure about Paris.
    Of course Paris gets snow. Someone once posted photos of Disneyland in Paris covered in snow, but I forget if the photos were on the Miceage or Mouseplanet website.

  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Within 78 miles of WDW...
    Posts
    8,864
    the park would need to have a majority of rides indoors... so the HK park would not fit in canada... but if they brought a unique MK into canada it would work....

  9. #9

    • Baybeh!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Simi Valley
    Posts
    367
    Disneyland, eh?

    Don't think it will happen. Mickey likes warmer climates

  10. #10

    • Nice Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    2,470
    Blog Entries
    4
    Tell you what, we will send you DCA so that we can start over fresh with something decent. DCA= Disney's Canadian Adventure.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216





  11. #11

    • Vehicle rotating backward
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,623
    Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    Tell you what, we will send you DCA so that we can start over fresh with something decent. DCA= Disney's Canadian Adventure.
    Well, the beer better get better during the move, or else they'll riot.

  12. #12

    • Baybeh!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Simi Valley
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Well, the beer better get better during the move, or else they'll riot.
    The rioting crowds are to concerned with the lack of hockey to notice at the moment.

  13. #13

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    Tell you what, we will send you DCA so that we can start over fresh with something decent. DCA= Disney's Canadian Adventure.
    So how long have you had this hatred for Canada to treat them so cruel and unusually??

  14. #14

    • Nice Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    2,470
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    So how long have you had this hatred for Canada to treat them so cruel and unusually??
    They want something and at least i am trying. BTW, I love Canada... Democrats are moving there everyday. Eh?
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216





  15. #15

    • Compulsive Map Collector
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Victoria, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    182
    I didnt hear anything about that rumor because it was before I was born. Seeing that I live in Victoria (on Vancouver Island) I would love for them to open one up on the island. Our weather is really nice year-round and we had snow for only about 3 days this year. If they do open one in the north west, I would see it being near Seattle/Vancouver, because they have more people. I do love Canada, but hopefully in the next few years I will be moving down to California .

Similar Threads

  1. Happy Canada Day!!
    By Disney Analyst in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 10:43 AM
  2. The Official JeffLUVZAriel Disneyland Canada Proposal
    By JeffLUVZAriel in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 07:34 AM
  3. Disneyland Canada?
    By Disney Analyst in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 09:16 PM
  4. Oh canada, of the universe...
    By Disney Analyst in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 09:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •