View Poll Results: Worst Attraction At Disneyland, Ever?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honey I Shrunk The Audience

16 9.94%
  • Innoventions

84 52.17%
  • Rocket Rods

21 13.04%
  • former NASA Exhibit in T.L.

13 8.07%
  • Monsanto House of Tomorrow

2 1.24%
  • Snow White dark ride

2 1.24%
  • Autopia

2 1.24%
  • Winnie the Pooh dark ride

19 11.80%
  • Its a Small World

2 1.24%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• out & about

I really cant believe Im the only one who thinks that HISTA is the worst attraction ever!!!

Im not a huge fan of Innoventions either but at least it has some educational value. HISTA is just plain lame!

Come on people... think about it!!!!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• My cuties!

The mice part in HISTA is HORRID!! I am terrified of mice and that part about killed me!

I voted for Innoventions, though. What a waste of space! Bring back the CoP!

• insufferable know-it-all

I'm sorry that you were expecting us to validate your opinion, but for many people, HISTA wasn't that bad. I was quite entertained the first few times I went. It just has no re-rideability.
    Then again, if you really think about it, EO wasn't *all* that fantastic after a while either. I watched the film again recently, and must admit the story is a little lame, and the costumes are decidedly 80's. It was a poor idea, well executed. Unlike the Pooh ride, which is a decent idea (not great, not bad), poorly executed, and replacing a great attraction.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I would say the Monsanto House of Tomorrow. I never saw it, but it seems like it was incredibly lame and cheesy.

Innoventions is not nearly as bad as people say. It's a cool place, and although it doesnt really define "futuristic", neither do HISTA or Buzz Lightyear, etc.

• Que que no-tu-rah.

From that list, easily Innoventions followed closely by the Nasa exhibit. Both were somewhat entertaining the first time, but neither one made me want to go back and experience them again. Actually the Nasa exhibit is the worse offender in this area but I really don't consider it an attraction since it's so small and easily overlooked.

As for WRDest79's hate of HISTA, I don't see where you are coming from. Obviously the show doesn't work for you, but I find it very entertaining and have seen it many many times. Sure I liked Captian EO better (EO also fits the tomorrowland theme better), but HISTA still offers many exciting visuals to see and does a great job of making you feel like part of the movie's story.

What I really don't get is including Snow White's Scary Adventures, Autopia, and it's a small world on this list. All are classic Disneyland rides that have sttod the test of time. Adults may not like Autopia since they deal with traffic daily (especially Angelenos), but kids get a real thrill from it. Excluding many adults from enjoying a ride may not be teh best thing to do in a park that's supposed to be fun for everyone, but I don't think that makes it a candidate for worst attraction.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• Minion

I'm just going to throw one out there....Tarzan's Treehouse.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I have to go with Innovations also. It's probably even worse because it followed two great attractions, COP, and then America Sings.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Newseditor44
    I'm just going to throw one out there....Tarzan's Treehouse.
    Good one. If there were actual animatronic characters there rather than Disney Store figures, it may have been a great attraction. But it's not. AND it's really dusty and dirty in there...

• Brandys MOM

The Nasa exhibit....never will be missed ....

as one of the few that managed to actually ride Super lame limo....they couldn't close it fast enough!
    "Sometimes Miracles Hide"

• At the Gym or at DL

Hands down, it's Rocket Rods when you consider that it was advertised as the feature attraction of a well publicized revamping of of an original DL "land".

Doesn't matter if it was a trilling ride, it was down more often that up and running so what's the point.

TommorrowLand 98, biggest debacle in the history of DL.

• Junior Mint

run all sorts of health tests (i.e. BMI and how you're going to look when you get old-frightening actually),
    That bmi thing is a quack. It said I was morbidly obese and needed medical attention. You can see my pic in the thread about buying too small of a shirt. I am not fat.
    There's an old joke I just made up: How many of me would it take to screw up your life?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WRDest79
    I agree that Rocket Rods was a horrible, horrible ride. However, I dont think its worst ride ever since it was quickly removed (they knew they messed up) before the damage to DL reputation was prolonged.

HISTA on the other hand has been around since the Presslar/Harris tag-team-of-death introduced the "new tomorrowland". The longevity of the attraction makes it worse. Someone, somewhere must think its still a good idea since its still there. I cant even remember the last time I saw people waiting to see it.

Plus, the theater that houses this "Gas Chamber" of a show obscures the view of Space Mtn.
    To quote a reputation-damaging CGI alien... Exsqueeze me???

Rocket Rods didn't just damage Disney's reputation, it damaged pretty much every Tomorrowland structure it touched! And, I tell you what, if it wasn't for that structural damage, I guarantee that noise pulluting crap on wheels would still be here too.

Space Mountain got obscured long before HISTA. And as bad as HISTA is, the fact that it is still an attraction at ALL, and not a skeleton of dead tracks obscuring the view of EVERY corner of the land, makes it infinitely superior to Rocket Rods.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Innoventions was pretty fun the first time I went in there...nice and cool, plenty of things to check out, a game show that I always won. It was pretty good. But it got old and was never updated.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I'm sorry that you were expecting us to validate your opinion, but for many people, HISTA wasn't that bad. I was quite entertained the first few times I went. It just has no re-rideability.
    Then again, if you really think about it, EO wasn't *all* that fantastic after a while either. I watched the film again recently, and must admit the story is a little lame, and the costumes are decidedly 80's. It was a poor idea, well executed. Unlike the Pooh ride, which is a decent idea (not great, not bad), poorly executed, and replacing a great attraction.
    so a ride with "no re-rideability" isnt enough to be deemed the worst ride ever? I could watch Captain EO all day and not get sick of it. Sure the costumes would have dated by now (since it was 80s'ish), but it was far more entertaining. HISTA was at most a failed and reackless attempt at a cross-promo for a tired and unwatched movie. Id go for a bad idea executed well (as you say), like Captain EO, than a gimicky cross-promo with bad actors, sad jokes and lame effects (I say a bad idea executed even worse), anyday!

Im tired of rides patterned after movies. Freak... get an original idea!

And as for "Pooh"... It more visually stimulating, cleaner and sports a better story line (its more complete), than the "Snow White" dark-ride.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    I really think Innoventions sucks.

It will have one great thing going for it this July......

Air Conditioning.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast