View Poll Results: Worst Attraction At Disneyland, Ever?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honey I Shrunk The Audience

    16 9.94%
  • Innoventions

    84 52.17%
  • Rocket Rods

    21 13.04%
  • former NASA Exhibit in T.L.

    13 8.07%
  • Monsanto House of Tomorrow

    2 1.24%
  • Snow White dark ride

    2 1.24%
  • Autopia

    2 1.24%
  • Winnie the Pooh dark ride

    19 11.80%
  • Its a Small World

    2 1.24%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 113
  1. #46

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    151
    I would say Innoventions....

    For the potential that building has (based on the proven record of Carousel of Progress and America Sings), it just seems lame to have what we do in there. Maybe it will improve with Asimo but overall, I really would love to know what the Imagineers had in mind for that space, had they had it to work with for the "50 Magical Years" exhibit.
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

  2. #47

    • out & about
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Getting there
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    To quote a reputation-damaging CGI alien... Exsqueeze me???
    And as bad as HISTA is, the fact that it is still an attraction at ALL, and not a skeleton of dead tracks obscuring the view of EVERY corner of the land, makes it infinitely superior to Rocket Rods.
    First of all, dont quote Jar-Jar!

    (You people over react about him. Star Wars is a kids movie. You saw it for the first time when you were a kid. Your probably an older guy who "grew-up" on Star Wars. So of course you liked it. Now that your older and newer Star Wars movies are out you expect to feel the same way about them as you did when you were a kid. Think about it! It doesnt make since. Your now a grown man watching a kids' movie. They just arent going to have the same effect on you and your emotions as they did when you were younger. The kids I talk to like Jar-Jar, the same way you like Chewy. Give George a break!) (Sorry about the outburst, but I needed to say it.)

    And second, they didnt build the "View-Obscuring" track just for Rocket Rods. Or did it just start getting in your way when they installed the Rocket Rods?

    If you put it that way, you probably hated the People Mover too since the track you speak of has been obscuring your view for a lot longer than the birth and demise of the Rocket Rods.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

    WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

  3. #48

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by WRDest79
    First of all, dont quote Jar-Jar!

    (You people over react about him. Star Wars is a kids movie. You saw it for the first time when you were a kid. Your probably an older guy who "grew-up" on Star Wars. So of course you liked it. Now that your older and newer Star Wars movies are out you expect to feel the same way about them as you did when you were a kid. Think about it! It doesnt make since. Your now a grown man watching a kids' movie. They just arent going to have the same effect on you and your emotions as they did when you were younger. The kids I talk to like Jar-Jar, the same way you like Chewy. Give George a break!) (Sorry about the outburst, but I needed to say it.)

    And second, they didnt build the "View-Obscuring" track just for Rocket Rods. Or did it just start getting in your way when they installed the Rocket Rods?

    If you put it that way, you probably hated the People Mover too since the track you speak of has been obscuring your view for a lot longer than the birth and demise of the Rocket Rods.
    I quoted Jar Jar because he seemed a pretty darn good example of reputation-ruining. But by making the vast majority of the movie-going public "you people..." you really weakenned any point you may have been trying to make.

    Anyway... they didn't build the view-obscuring theater for HISTA. What's your point? If HISTA is bad because it occupies a pre-existing building that blocks views, logic dictates that Rocket Rods is worse because it occupies a pre-existing structure that blocks even more views. It's just applying a single standard fairly.

    But that's your standard, not mine. I loved PeopleMover because, in its day, Tomorrowland was still a well-themed environment, and PeopleMover was a great way to enjoy it. And, if Rocket Rods had been built better, and actually fit the theme, I might have enjoyed it more.

    I'm simply trying to point out, if we're judging Rods and HISTA by the same criteria, Rods is clearly worse, largely because it took the footprint of two attractions, couldn't keep those spaces filled with a working attraction, and actually damaged many other structures in the process. That's a lot more damage than HISTA ever did by replacing Captain E-WW.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

    "There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

    "A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

    -- Walt Disney

  4. #49

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by WRDest79

    And second, they didnt build the "View-Obscuring" track just for Rocket Rods. Or did it just start getting in your way when they installed the Rocket Rods?

    If you put it that way, you probably hated the People Mover too since the track you speak of has been obscuring your view for a lot longer than the birth and demise of the Rocket Rods.
    You're right...

  5. #50

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,162
    Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    I quoted Jar Jar because he seemed a pretty darn good example of reputation-ruining. But by making the vast majority of the movie-going public "you people..." you really weakenned any point you may have been trying to make.

    Anyway... they didn't build the view-obscuring theater for HISTA. What's your point? If HISTA is bad because it occupies a pre-existing building that blocks views, logic dictates that Rocket Rods is worse because it occupies a pre-existing structure that blocks even more views. It's just applying a single standard fairly.

    But that's your standard, not mine. I loved PeopleMover because, in its day, Tomorrowland was still a well-themed environment, and PeopleMover was a great way to enjoy it. And, if Rocket Rods had been built better, and actually fit the theme, I might have enjoyed it more.

    I'm simply trying to point out, if we're judging Rods and HISTA by the same criteria, Rods is clearly worse, largely because it took the footprint of two attractions, couldn't keep those spaces filled with a working attraction, and actually damaged many other structures in the process. That's a lot more damage than HISTA ever did by replacing Captain E-WW.
    Good point!


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  6. #51

    • Junior Mint
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ogden, Utah
    Posts
    58
    as a guy who fixes computers all day, i was disgusted by the laptops on display in innoventions. And i thought the primeval section of the DLRR had dinosaurs!!!
    There's an old joke I just made up: How many of me would it take to screw up your life?

  7. #52

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    103
    We can now say Rocket Rods was bad for the damage it caused and how uch it was down.

    BUT I think it was a reasonably good IDEA....

    YEs they should have known it wouldn't last and wear out and be noisy etc etc.....but at least it was fairly imaginitive and it was fun to ride. (Don't you agree??).

    I give them, in my mind, points for bringin us Rocket Rods in terms of fun factor, looks factor (C'mon...it looked COOL), and imaginiation plus it's a different ride from anything else.

    The rest is history and obvious, however, unfortunately.

    Also note, though: in some ways I prefered PEOPLE MOVER. I enjoyed that it was slow and took you around tomorrow land through ALL THOSE RIDES. Younger kids could go on it: a total family ride, and get a rest for 10minutes or whatever: I like those longer rides, it was very cool if you ask me.

  8. #53

    • Que que no-tu-rah.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by WRDest79
    Im tired of rides patterned after movies. Freak... get an original idea!
    Preach it borther! I've had it too. If one more movie tie-in ride opens I think I am going to scream. Where's the imagination???
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

  9. #54

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,482
    Pooh is a letdown, but it's not the worst attraction. That distinguished honor has to go to Innoventions. It's a highly avoided attraction at both WDW and Disneyland. Most of the displays are not challenging and interactive enough. It's a two-story wasteland of blandness that would never have existed had it not come from the mind of Michael Eisner, leastwise he is the main party who pushed for it. Otherwise, the parks would not be straddled with it.

    Honda's soon to come ASIMO robot attraction will make Innoventions worth visiting again. I just wish Disneyland would create a new ride for one of the two levels. If Eisner is all that's standing in the way, we just might see significant change with respect to Innoventions at some point - the sooner the better.

    Also, I'm hoping they will upgrade Pooh eventually, so it is more like the Tokyo version, or at least that of The Magic Kingdom. If not, other rides at Disneyland and DCA will, in all likelihood, include computer controlled trackless vehicles. Should DCA have been included in the survey, I would have chosen the sucky Limo ride over Innoventions. It was pure torture - like taking a snail-like ride thru a cardboard box.

  10. #55

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bringing it back
    Posts
    4,177
    I have to say Innoventions as well. The space can be used so much better.

    ErikAnders.smugmug.com

    Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


    1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

  11. #56

    • out & about
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Getting there
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    I quoted Jar Jar because he seemed a pretty darn good example of reputation-ruining. But by making the vast majority of the movie-going public "you people..." you really weakenned any point you may have been trying to make.
    When I said "you people", I did mean the majority of people in the world who saw and didnt like and continue to bring up and wont let go of the Jar-Jar Binks issue. I mean really! George got lucky with the first Star Wars. He was/is an Indie film maker (the most successfull one at that), and the majority of the pop-world doesnt like Indie-anything.

    Just because the masses dont like it doesnt mean you have to tar-and-feather George. He doesnt have to make movies for you to like. You should feel grateful he had enough pity on us to make 3 more Star Wars movies. I say whatever George wants George should do. And considering his accomplishments and advancements to the movie/merchandising industry, I think he deserves a little reverance and respect. Sure no ones perfect and maybe Jar-Jar wasnt the best idea in World, but when we live in and thrive off of the Worlds He created I think we owe Him enough to cut Him a little slack when His dreams dont live upto your expectations. Dont you?
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

    WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

  12. #57

    • Santa Barbara, CA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,624
    Quote Originally Posted by WRDest79
    Are you serious? If this were my message board I would ban you for life.

    Im very disappointed!
    I hate that ride. It's the biggest waste of cash in history. The show is perfect for little kids but the ride is too intense, and the teens who love the thrill could care less about the show. Half the time you're riding along outside looking at farm tools. Mismatched ride system with a show based on the only animated feature they can't release. Dumb and dumber. Sorry, i know you like it but i don't. Even the buildings are grossly out of scale. This engineer's opinion, not a designer or fan of that film. A missed opportunity.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

    [FONT=Arial Narrow]

  13. #58

    • Santa Barbara, CA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,624
    ok.. i hate rocket rods even more.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

    [FONT=Arial Narrow]

  14. #59

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    7,773
    I had to vote for Innoventions. I thought HISTA was cute when it was new and went to see it a couple of times. It's getting really long in the tooth now, though, and a replacement is due. Rocket Rods are way up there on my list of disappointing rides. As they were installed, they just weren't really very fun. And that annoying mosquito noise didn't help.

    During our last trip to DL, we spent some time in Innoventions trying to have fun. Unfortunately, neither one of us are gamers and none of the computer games have much in the way of instruction. So, we wanted to have fun playing them, but couldn't make them work! It's also frustrating when people park themselves on something and nobody else gets a chance to play. Much of the rest is like going to a bad trade show. So we just left. This "attraction" could have gone anywhere, but was installed into a marvelous mechanical rotating theatre... totally wasting the unique building.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


    When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.


  15. #60

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by WRDest79
    When I said "you people", I did mean the majority of people in the world who saw and didnt like and continue to bring up and wont let go of the Jar-Jar Binks issue. I mean really! George got lucky with the first Star Wars. He was/is an Indie film maker (the most successfull one at that), and the majority of the pop-world doesnt like Indie-anything.

    Just because the masses dont like it doesnt mean you have to tar-and-feather George. He doesnt have to make movies for you to like. You should feel grateful he had enough pity on us to make 3 more Star Wars movies. I say whatever George wants George should do. And considering his accomplishments and advancements to the movie/merchandising industry, I think he deserves a little reverance and respect. Sure no ones perfect and maybe Jar-Jar wasnt the best idea in World, but when we live in and thrive off of the Worlds He created I think we owe Him enough to cut Him a little slack when His dreams dont live upto your expectations. Dont you?
    Right... and maybe the Native Americans should be grateful and respectful to the settlers who brought them all those wonderful new diseases and weapons to kill them with!

    And let us Disney fans be thankful to Eisner for all the inventive means he has used to damage the Disney reputation too.

    Welcome to a well-earned ignore.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

    "There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

    "A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

    -- Walt Disney

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Worst Attraction in Disneyland?
    By Yackerz in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 11:22 AM
  2. [Fun] Which attraction/restaurant/store smells the worst?
    By Wish Upon a Star in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 11:37 AM
  3. Your vote is required - Which attraction has the WORST lyrics?
    By RobotMirror in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 09:45 PM
  4. The Worst Attraction Ever
    By Club 33 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 07-18-2006, 07:46 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 07:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •